General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Taxes. That is all.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Dentist. :frowning:
  • My [CENSORED] car broke down today with no warning in the middle of rush hour traffic on a major road. And no, there were no signs of any issues. It's as if the engine just decided to stop running. I only have 41000 miles on it.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited February 2018
    Dear neighbour. I understand you wanting a dog, even a big dog. I get they're great ( I love most animals ), I get they are cool and a good companion. But you live in an enclosed space and your big dog, old and frail, can't really take walks anymore. I understand all of that. but that is -NOT- an excuse to let him into your tiny garden and bark at snow for three hours! I have business calls to make... So please, dear dog owner, take care of your dog. We both know he's not seeing well anymore and he kind of wants you to be around him... *mutters*.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Hiriako said:
    My [CENSORED] car broke down today with no warning in the middle of rush hour traffic on a major road. And no, there were no signs of any issues. It's as if the engine just decided to stop running. I only have 41000 miles on it.
    Sounds like it could be the Cam belt - How long ago did you last have the belt checked/serviced?  They can last anywhere between 60-100,000 miles, but should be checked more frequently given that they can snap with zero warning and do serious damage to the engine.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • CyndarinCyndarin used Flamethrower! It was super effective.
    edited February 2018
    I survived layoffs, my manager did not.

I did not survive my manager's review. Looking back, the writing was on the wall and I'm a dumbass for ignoring it.

The worst part is that after 5 years, 2 promotions, and cross country moves with the company, all it takes is one guy's BS who couldn't even keep his own job to take you down. 

Luckily the company provides a nice parachute. They'll pay me for 60 days while I look for a new job, then 2 additional months of severance pay. So at least the bills are paid for 4 months. Alternatively, I could do this "Performance Improvement Plan" for 90 days, and hope they don't fire me anyways at the end of it. I leaning towards the former. 

The unknown is scary! 
  • edited November 2018
    -
  • I'm sick and tired of shows telling me things four times.

Today on MasterChef, Gordon gets effing angry!

<SNIP, cooking and stuff>

We'll be back after the break when Gordon gets effing angry!

<adverts>

We're back with MasterChef, and in just a moment Gordon gets effing angry!

<something makes Gordon effing angry>

Gordon: I'm effing angry!

----------------

DAMMIT TV writers. Give me a little suspense. A little foreshadowing, sure, but cut a brother some slack. Life's tough; give a man something to look forward to. TELL ME THE DAMNED JOKE BEFORE THE PUNCHLINE DAMMIT.
  • I heard he's very nice in person and mostly plays the hardass angle for American TV
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    In public appearances he is quite polite and friendly as one would expect.  In the kitchen, I've heard all kinds of mixed stories.  He definitely knows the lines not to cross though - you never hear him swear in junior masterchef, plus they even parodied his usual swear-y demeanour in a Muppets short (search on youtube for Food Truck Fight, which has a cook-off between Gordon and Swedish Chef)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I mean I do hear he runs a tough kitchen, but also that the yelling and swearing is played up a bit for us, and that Hell's Kitchen was introduced mostly for that purpose
    He understands his persona and can play it up at times, but he is a master chef and does want to see the future generation of chefs succeed (hence his kind, almost fatherly and jovial personality on Junior Masterchef). The people who claim to be expert chefs, have had all the proper training, and then proceed to fail even the most rudimentary of food preparation/safety/cleanliness rules, though? He shows them absolutely no mercy, and they deserve none.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    New job is third shift, Tuesday evenings through Sunday mornings. I like to use Mondays to run errands. Yesterday's was trying to get licensed to drive my new scooter. So I hop on my bike and go to the nearest listed DMV. Which no longer exists. Next one is 20 minutes down the road, it's now 3:00, i left at 2, but got lost. I roll up into the DMV at 3:24 after gassing up, last call for testing is 3:30, so I'm just under the line. Except it's President's Day and they're closed.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    edited February 2018
    Context: Creating a project that contains multiple large sections, each dependent on each other in a linear manner, for a high-profile international client.

Client: *FINALLY settles on first section's details five weeks in after multiple arguments among themselves and scrapping 3 weeks' worth of work*

Us: "Good, deadline is tight but now that we finally have a clear direction we can finish this section and move on to the other two."

Client: "Yea, about that..."

Client: *Adds two more large sections, now giving us approx. 15 weeks of work to do over the span of 5*

Us:  :|  :|  :|

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• I have whatever disease makes you puke blood and feel exhausted all the time.
  • Its only a small amount of blood!
  • Stomach ulcer or severe gastritis? 

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Nosebleeds and food poisoning, probably.
  • If you recognize it as blood (aka, it's red) it's probably *not* in the stomach, unless you're bleeding profusely: in which case you'd probably know it. 
    Enya said:
    If you recognize it as blood (aka, it's red) it's probably *not* in the stomach, unless you're bleeding profusely: in which case you'd probably know it. 
    Yep! Internal bleeding tends to look like used coffee grounds, so if it's brown and crumbly then it's the time to really worry and call your emergency line.

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Why do babies hate sleep? Why? Whyyyyyyyyy? :|
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Sheared the top of my oil cap off when twisting it to put oil in it.

Felt like Hulk!!!

The same hulk who now has to take his car to the repair shop
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Woke up to snowy, icy roads - not objectively THAT bad, but when you live in a place that rarely gets it, so there's no infrastructure to clean up the roads after a fairly minor storm and no one else knows how to drive in it, still dangerous. Decided to brave it anyway.

Went to my garage and found I have a flat tire too. FML.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I hate these days when you realize that staying in bed, your first impulse, would've been the best option :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I really need to get a new computer :(
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The apathy of others will be the death of me.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.