Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I always found the lack of towels in the avengers room slightly disturbing.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Lilyin! said:
    Since my laptop continues to boot me from my wifi, I have decided to play Lusternia through an Xbox.

It...actually isn't that bad, I thought the web client would be laggy but it's actually pretty nice.
    But how? I thought on phone was too hard enough.

Mayor Steingrim, the Grand Schema says to you, "Well, as I recall you kinda leave a mark whereever you go."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited February 2018
    Targeted At Inanimate: 1st Person: Disapproval boils within you, a memory triggered by the Portal of Fate. Erupting, you holler, "A proper master ALWAYS mounts their beast from the LEFT side!"
    3rd Person: A haughty sneer takes Kagato's face, furious at the sight of the Portal of Fate. He erupts in brazen clamouring, hollering, "A proper master ALWAYS mounts their beast from the LEFT side!"
    Yay for logical fallacies! /notruescotsman
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited February 2018
    I feel like these new emotes have some sort of context. I'm kinda irritated that HOWDY was turned into some kind of terse greeting as opposed to a jocular one.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Tremula said:
    Sometimes your eyes bleed when you read something you wrote in 2013, and you have to realise that you've improved and there's no shame in going back and changing things to reflect that and better your work. 
    QFE. But it doesn't take anything like 5 years. I picked up my thesis again the other day (submitted it twelve short month ago), and I wanted to beat myself to death with it.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2018
    Just been looking through this months promotion - I am SOOO getting an auto-raze rune >_>  That being said, I'm kind of iffy about the hyperpyramid being webcart ONLY, ESPECIALLY with it having a pricetag of USD$442 under normal circumstances, $300 with the promotion for the month. 

My feelings regarding it are very likely premature, but it feels like we are getting dangerously close to the line of no longer being 'forever free' given that it is effectively an upgrade to the paradox pyramid (and a pretty BIG upgrade, given that it holds 8 NONDECAYING points, with no mention in the announcement regarding what restrictions apply, though guessing it works to adjacent planes, like the pyramid does) and can not be purchased via in-game means (and even has advertised that those that have a pyramid will get a FULL credit refund) - that being said, I'll be interested to see if it remains only available via webshop means or if they plan to make it available via ASHOP down the track.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I noticed year 500 is coming up, is there a possible event happening for it?
  • I'd be more iffy about Cement Socks or rune of mass being cart/special only, tbh. Pyramid+ is nice, but I think that's an overreaction for sure. 
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Yea I cant personally see why these things are special offer only stuff. People would buy them year around and the special offers happen often enough that its really just a slight inconvience to buy them. You just have to wait a few months and get them in the next special offer.
  • Kagato said:
    Just been looking through this months promotion - I am SOOO getting an auto-raze rune >_>  
    Debating this one too... would be so convenient, and mean I wouldn't have to fix my triggers for breaking shields...
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Personally, I'd like to chime in that am not really a fan of 'special offer only' artifacts, especially things that can only be bought from the web cart. While I generally can understand the reasoning behind it, I'd think a lot more gain could be made for every party involved if these things would be generally available instead of special offer. E. g. the hyperpyramid would be something I would 100% save up for, but I'll not blow $300 in a single month on it, even if I had that kind of entertainment budget.
  • Aeldra said:
    Personally, I'd like to chime in that am not really a fan of 'special offer only' artifacts, especially things that can only be bought from the web cart. While I generally can understand the reasoning behind it, I'd think a lot more gain could be made for every party involved if these things would be generally available instead of special offer. E. g. the hyperpyramid would be something I would 100% save up for, but I'll not blow $300 in a single month on it, even if I had that kind of entertainment budget.
    I doubt it, actually. I understand where you're coming from as someone without much to spend right now either- but from the perspective of a seller, I'm betting the special offer artifacts are far more beneficial. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
    Kethaera said:
    I doubt it, actually. I understand where you're coming from as someone without much to spend right now either- but from the perspective of a seller, I'm betting the special offer artifacts are far more beneficial. 
    It's hard to really argue either way, I can only vote in on my gut feeling that there's not that many lusternian's who'll blow $300 on a single artifact out of the blue. But I have no idea of any statistical data behind, so I could be 100% wrong and this is working great for lusternia. For me personally, all these $300+ artifacts are not a good thing to see, mostly because I think that the majority of people will never be able to use this artifacts.
  • As long as it isn't the only time it's ever offered, and I can't imagine it will be.

A lot of these things will come back during promos and auctions, just like the wands and such that are available on the cart right now.
  • Jaspet said:
    As long as it isn't the only time it's ever offered, and I can't imagine it will be.

A lot of these things will come back during promos and auctions, just like the wands and such that are available on the cart right now.

I think theres been three or four of these arti cart sales in the past year where you can buy the socks, etc.

The same items come up again is the thing. Everyone can buy them you just have to potentially wait 3-4 months if you miss the current sale. Its sort of why I'm of the mind that they may as well be year round cause it doesnt make that much of a difference other than a slight inconvience of waiting to get them.
  • Veyils said:
    Jaspet said:
    As long as it isn't the only time it's ever offered, and I can't imagine it will be.

I think theres been three or four of these arti cart sales in the past year where you can buy the socks, etc.

The same items come up again is the thing. Everyone can buy them you just have to potentially wait 3-4 months if you miss the current sale. Its sort of why I'm of the mind that they may as well be year round cause it doesnt make that much of a difference other than a slight inconvience of waiting to get them.
    Ah, if that's the case, then yeah, may as well be year round. I haven't been keeping track of it!
  • Kagato said:
    Just been looking through this months promotion - I am SOOO getting an auto-raze rune >_>  That being said, I'm kind of iffy about the hyperpyramid being webcart ONLY, ESPECIALLY with it having a pricetag of USD$442 under normal circumstances, $300 with the promotion for the month. 

My feelings regarding it are very likely premature, but it feels like we are getting dangerously close to the line of no longer being 'forever free' given that it is effectively an upgrade to the paradox pyramid (and a pretty BIG upgrade, given that it holds 8 NONDECAYING points, with no mention in the announcement regarding what restrictions apply, though guessing it works to adjacent planes, like the pyramid does) and can not be purchased via in-game means (and even has advertised that those that have a pyramid will get a FULL credit refund) - that being said, I'll be interested to see if it remains only available via webshop means or if they plan to make it available via ASHOP down the track.
    At first, I thought about getting the razing rune, but then I reread it and it says it only works against denizens. I don't think at 200cr, breaking mob shields is really that important (I'm sure there is probably a few smobs that it might be nice for, but the normal hunting mob probably won't make much different).

While the cart-only (and the true cart only ones that weren't something like auction artifacts before), I would say probably don't fit into the 'forever free' model as well. And while I would rather see something like an auction be the limiting nature of something, there is always the possible chance of you could offer someone IG currency.
  • You feel a crystal spire shatter and break irrevocably.
    You feel an unspecified thing shatter and break irrevocably.
    You have given up knowledge of Harmonics for the time being.
    You have classflexed into Tessenchi.

Sad.
    (I'm the mom of Hallifax btw, so if you are in Hallifax please call me mom.)

== Professional Girl Gamer == 
    Yes I play games
    Yes I'm a girl
    get over it
  • Due to the coincidental timing of Wildnodes and the Ascension Gala, instead of having Wildnodes fire based on game population, we will instead be initiating it at 4pm GMT so as not to interfere.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • edited March 2018
    So, if I got this right.
    On the US West Coast thats:
    Wildnodes at 9 AM 
    Ascension Gala at 11AM 
    SoB Announced at 4 PM
    Someone let me know if I got any of those wrong please.
    @norns
    @ianir
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited March 2018
    AEDT would be (on Monday)
    Wildnodes at 3am
    Gala at 5am
    Beauty at 10am

If the sites are converting to Oceanic then they'd be right about DST, it should be ending in a few weeks.

EDIT: This should auto-convert the times to your device time with a countdown.

Wildnodes: https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-gadgets/event-time/Wildnodes/1520784000/game/
    Gala: https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-gadgets/event-time/Ascension Gala/1520809200/game/
    Beauty: https://greenwichmeantime.com/time-gadgets/event-time/Beauty/1520809200/game/
  • There's a quest where you can do something and then all the wanderers in the Basin start ignoring people and it's effing annoying and needs to go slap its momma. Please can we delete this quest, or at least have the wanders name His Griefing Excellency or whatever dumb title they apply to the questor. Yaknow, so we can send them flowers and candies.

Lub yoo <3