General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    The good news: I have a reputation for writing quickly and efficiently at work, and getting things done!

The bad news: Now I am getting completely swamped with things to do, and expect next week to go the same way. :(
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • VivetVivet , of Cows and Crystals
    Sylandra said:
    The good news: I have a reputation for writing quickly and efficiently at work, and getting things done!

The bad news: Now I am getting completely swamped with things to do, and expect next week to go the same way. :(

This reality is the one thing that keeps me from hopping jobs. I know this exact sort of thing will happen all over again, so might as well stay and whip some gumption into the rest of the pack as I'm able.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I have discovered that my delicious non dairy sorbet was in actuality low dairy gelato. My stomach is alerting me to the imminent Purge in response.
  • 3am, Brain: Wake uuuuuup, wake up and think about all these things. -instant crippling fear and anxiety, no sleep, have a mirgraine on top.- 

TY brain, TY.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Boot-up

Applying Updates.
    Unable to update, undoing changes.
    Reboot

Undoing changes.
    Reboot

Undoing changes.
    Finally able to log-in.

This is why nobody likes you Windows, you piece of sh*t OS.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    I hate when Errand Days self-replicate. I'm workin' third shift here, I don't wake up until 3. I don't need to hear your office closes at 3:30, 4, or 5. Especially when I now need to use the bus for the next two weeks.
  • When people write "EST" during daylight savings instead of "EDT". It's going to keep happening, and make me twitch, for six months.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2018
    Nightmares. I've never been particular receptive for nightmares, but every few years my brain decides to produce one that haunts me for a good long time. This night was one of those... spoilered because, nightmare stuff.

[spoiler]Was at a party with a couple of people I obviously knew though they were none of my social circle. We were having fun and yet I had the distinct feeling of something evil lurking in the air. Eventually, someone commented that they had seen person x and that they were acting very strange. And that's when the ominous feeling started to turn into something terrified.

I remember vaguely that some people went missing, what exactly and how, I do not know anymore. I know however, the expression of horror on the people around me. Suddenly our host said that his girlfriend was missing and he was terrified for it. She was taking a shower at the time... I and two others volunteered to check on her.

We went to the bathroom, it was a large walk-in shower that was on floor level. When we entered, I saw her standing on the wall, slightly slumped. Her throat had a fine, bloody red line, drawn as if someone had cut her ( or so my dream self imagined ). Her eyes were wide open, she had a really creepy smile and her eyes were entirely black. She started walking towards us and I felt like fear was strangling me. Right before she reached me, I woke up, screaming.

Been a while since I lie away terrified for over an hour till I could convince my brain it's been entirely a dream and I really hope it'll be another couple of years till I have a dream like that again, if I have to <.<[/spoiler]

Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited March 2018
    doublepost whoops
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Guess who deleted the entire monk system he had because he was trying to clear out his crappy laptop's memory during a feverish haze!

*\o/*

With errything going on, just gonna take this as a sign to stop. lulz. God's hamfisted attempt to tell me to chill with Tessenchi. :D:D:D
  • Anita said:
    3am, Brain: Wake uuuuuup, wake up and think about all these things. -instant crippling fear and anxiety, no sleep, have a mirgraine on top.- 

TY brain, TY.
    Yeah, wtf. Why do my existential crises never kick in at 12pm? I mean, I don't want them at any time, but I sure don't want them in the wee hours. /agree

Rant: My banana split open on the bus so not only do I have banana bits on my coat (smells nice, looks... really bad) but I had to eat the remnants of my banana at 9.07 rather than 11.01. These things are unmeet. #dayruined
  • I despise my coworkers. When they want off early I come in and they say "Thank you so much, I owe you." yet I can never get anyone to cover one day for me ever. I hate everything.
  • I can't remember the last time I woke up feeling well rested.
  • edited March 2018
    Hello Lusternia! I came here to complain that I've been slacking like rip van wrinkle in my personal life. Just sleeeeeeep alllll weekend! At the end of this year, I have places to be and things to do. Otherwise, I'm pretty fucked next year. (and not in a good way, you dirty minded folks!)
  • edited March 2018
    Every class day I appreciate more than this is the last semester I'm taking math courses at this school:

Test grade: A
    Weekly grade:(IE, the score I make for material done AFTER we discuss it in class): A
    Daily grade:(IE, the score I make for material done BEFORE we discuss it in class): F

...Seems completely fair, right? Added to this, the Daily grades count far more than the weekly grades, and about the same as one test grade.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Kethaera said:
    Every class day I appreciate more than this is the last semester I'm taking math courses at this school:

Test grade: A
    Weekly grade:(IE, the score I make for material done AFTER we discuss it in class): A
    Daily grade:(IE, the score I make for material done BEFORE we discuss it in class): F

...Seems completely fair, right? Added to this, the Daily grades count far more than the weekly grades, and about the same as one test grade.
    That is one messed up way to gauge learning, grading you before you know the material. :|
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
    I worked on a project for 3 hours yesterday. When I transferred it to my flash drive the file was corrupted. Guess who's starting over?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    British Rail prices.

You're still stupid 

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Presumably better than american ones....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I pay £5,000 a year to travel 40 miles a day by train to get to work. A same day ticket from London to Cardiff is about £130, for 150 miles.
  • Its cheaper to fly on an airplane to your destination than it is to use a train.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Tylwyth said:
    Presumably better than american ones....
    You presume wrong. It's overpriced and woefully underserviced or maintained.

Costs me £110 just to go from here to London. That's a 3 hour journey that goes a total of 279 miles.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• lol our rail infrastructure is terrible
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited March 2018
    Just once I want to be able to update Ubuntu without breaking something.

EDIT: Wow, only start to finish of about 5 hours to make the update work, at the low, low cost of having to switch to a different monitor!
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • I need a drama free work life. I also need to buy access to a decent shrink. I cannot have the latter without the former. Or the former without the latter. HELP!
    Portius said:

EDIT: Wow, only start to finish of about 5 hours to make the update work, at the low, low cost of having to switch to a different monitor!
    Holy cow, was it a major system upgrade or just normal routine updates?

Everiine said:
    Portius said:

Holy cow, was it a major system upgrade or just normal routine updates?

Finally made the jump to 17.10. Still no idea why it refused to play nice with the other monitor. It seemed to think it was using a built-in monitor and refused to go into anything resembling a sane resolution. It also broke my PlayonLinux installation of Guild Wars 2, but that happens basically every update and I'll figure out how to make it work again eventually.
    Portius said:

Finally made the jump to 17.10. Still no idea why it refused to play nice with the other monitor. It seemed to think it was using a built-in monitor and refused to go into anything resembling a sane resolution. It also broke my PlayonLinux installation of Guild Wars 2, but that happens basically every update and I'll figure out how to make it work again eventually.
    Hrrm. That sucks :( . I've never used just straight Ubuntu before. And your comment on PoL is one of the reasons I haven't just dumped Windows 10 altogether at this point. I like me my games :( .

In today's episode of "Portius Can't Be Trusted With Computers" he tries to get GW2 working.

First, he notices that there is a Lutris script that allegedly works better than the PoL one. He decides to reinstall Lutris and try it.

The terminal tells him that it isn't working and suggests that he do a sudo apt fix-broken-install. Skimming google says that it does indeed fix broken packages, so he figures it's probably fine.

His eyes widen in confusion and dread as the terminal starts to list all the things that it is uninstalling. Like Steam, or Openoffice. Shortcuts disappear from the sidebar. The pain ends. He closes the terminal, and he opens up the search thingy to see if everything is gone, or just the icon. The computer freezes.

He tries to reboot, and Ubuntu fails to start. Just freezes when the background for the login screen is loaded, but the login box thingy is not.

He switches over to the Mint installation that he dabbled with the last time he broke Ubuntu. All documents that matter are salvageable, and for that he rejoices. But he also feels really friggin' stupid right now.