Simple questions?

Comments

• edited March 2018
    You can kill it solo, but it's very hard. There are other methods to get out alive solo, but... just bring a friend (or two) and smash its face in quickly once it spawns. Kill it first, or die.

One of the other tablets is also on a timer, do fast enough or die.
  • Can I log a replay in Mudlet as a text or html file as it's replaying?
  • I'm confused. HELP BUFFS says this:
    Do not worry what order you apply your resistances, it will always be calculated to your maximum benefit. (Maluses are applied after buff totals have been calculated.)
    But looking at BODYSCAN VITALS FULL it seems like I should be getting ego to 10/10, but am not, and the only thing that makes sense is the order of application:

Ego                   Netzach                                        1        2
    Ego                   Histrionics                                    1        4
    Ego                   Magnetism                                      1        4
    Ego                   Bardic presence                                2        4
    Ego                   Emoting                                        5       10
                            Total                                        9<br>

Am I misunderstanding how this works, or what?
  • The first 4 buffs get you up to 4 (they all have a max of no greater than 4), and then emoting gets you 5 on top of that.
  • edited March 2018

Ego                   Netzach                                        1        2    (Adds 1, to 1)
    Ego                   Histrionics                                    1        4    (Adds 1, to 2)
    Ego                   Magnetism                                      1        4    (Adds 1, to 3)
    Ego                   Bardic presence                                2        <b><u>4</u></b>    (Adds 2, to 5 but caps at 4)
    Ego                   Emoting                                        5       10    (Adds 5, to 9)

The most optimal order for buffs is from smallest cap to highest cap, regardless of the strength of the buff itself, so this is the most optimal order and it'll take you to 9. 
  • Enya said:

Ego                   Netzach                                        1        2    (Adds 1, to 1)
    Ego                   Histrionics                                    1        4    (Adds 1, to 2)
    Ego                   Magnetism                                      1        4    (Adds 1, to 3)
    Ego                   Bardic presence                                2        <b><u>4</u></b>    (Adds 2, to 5 but caps at 4)
    Ego                   Emoting                                        5       10    (Adds 5, to 9)

The most optimal order for buffs is from smallest cap to highest cap, regardless of the strength of the buff itself, so this is the most optimal order and it'll take you to 9. 
    I don't mean to nitpick, but optimal is probably not the right word here, because if it were done in the other direction it would give a better result.

It makes me go a little cross-eyed to be at 9/10, activate netzach and be taken to 9/10, but I suppose it's a small gripe in the grand scheme of things. C'est la vie
  • Vidette said:
    Enya said:

I don't mean to nitpick, but optimal is probably not the right word here, because if it were done in the other direction it would give a better result.

It makes me go a little cross-eyed to be at 9/10, activate netzach and be taken to 9/10, but I suppose it's a small gripe in the grand scheme of things. C'est la vie
    Going the other way is not how it works, despite how it would seem. The second number isn't an overhaul cap. It is the cap for that buff. so if it went the other way (greatest to smallest), it would only be a 5/10 as your Emoting would put the other buffs at their max.
  • Oh, I see. The help scroll did make it sound like it was just an overall cap, as opposed to the points being limited to those specific slots. I must've missed something. Ty.
  • When you forget that wonderitems are not skills:

I know of no skill called "Wondermask."

Or that astralbaests don't exist:

I do not recognize anything called that here.

Yet when you try to attack a player who fled the room in the midst of the combat scan:

You detect nothing here by that name.

Who's the 'I' in the first two sentences? And why do they need to know what the skill is and who the mob is, but I need to know where the player is?
  • https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/f7mwMtVV / https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/IrKl8v9F

@Versalean, I tested this out with a target and get the same as if for mobs, too. I think it's just a generic message and the 'I' in this case is you, like in WoW and you try to do something and they say  'I cannot do this blah'.

(Sorry @Ejderha for using your name as example! I don't really want to kick you!)

• I more mean why are some of the messages in first person and some in second.
  • Why, when you are influencing, and have no wetfold does it tell you you have to wait for equilibrium and yet when you have one, lets you use it without equilibrium?
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ess said:
    Why, when you are influencing, and have no wetfold does it tell you you have to wait for equilibrium and yet when you have one, lets you use it without equilibrium?
    Because some things require that you have eq or bal to use, without using eq/bal when used. It's a known/old thing.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Releasing wetfold doesn't require you have equilibrium. The "release" command, though, can be used for other things as well, and some DO require equilibrium. Because it can't find the item you specify in your inventory, it doesn't know which type of thing you're trying to release, so it assumes it's one that requires equilibrium.
  • Thanks - you guys are awesome!
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Someone please remind me how one does produce salt? I have forgotten.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    There's a chance for salt or sulphur to be produced when jewellers cut gems.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Aeldra said:

Let Hallifax win Beauty for the last five years
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited March 2018
    @aeldra if I remember right, gemcutting
  • Shaddus said:
    Aeldra said:

Let Hallifax win Beauty Justice for the last five years
    Also, fixed
  • What is the trick to defeating the beasties that come from the new pools in Pandemonium D: ~15 mins of hitting and not getting anywhere hurts my soul.
  • how do goop artifacts compare to a normal artifacts for retire value?
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited March 2018
    I was about to post what I thought would be a suitable answer, though @Ianir would probably be better suited to this since He knows all the little quirks involved.  Officially (mechanically, not through open market rates), 20 goop = 1 credit.

I originally thought that someone trading in their artifacts before retiring might yield more retirement credits, given the 66% tradein vs ~50% rate that retirement gives, but if there is a reduction on the bound credit pool that is carried over, one might be shooting themselves in the foot.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I'm told I can't get both Pandaemonium crowns. Can I get both lines? Or do they replace?

Relatedly, can I get both mirage prison lines?
  • Kagato said:
    I was about to post what I thought would be a suitable answer, though @Ianir would probably be better suited to this since He knows all the little quirks involved.  Officially (mechanically, not through open market rates), 20 goop = 1 credit.

I originally thought that someone trading in their artifacts before retiring might yield more retirement credits, given the 66% tradein vs ~50% rate that retirement gives, but if there is a reduction on the bound credit pool that is carried over, one might be shooting themselves in the foot.
    20 goop is converted to 1 credit for the purposes of retirement. All values use their full purchase value, not their tradein value. Trading in might actually be shooting yourself in the foot. 
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Bound credits get he 50% cut as well, so trading in is not advisable. I believe, however, that unbound credits are rolled over with their full value.
  • Has there ever been a sighting of a tainted gnome NPC? I am rather curious if they would look like goblins or something completely different, or if they vary too much to make a blanket statement.
  • edited March 2018
    Q: Godmin - Did the results of the first referendum simply tell you that everyone thinks their own class is most broken? Totally not being snarky, I'm genuinely interested.

ETA: I'll be particularly interested to see whether that's the case with the Guardian and Druid poll; is anyone at all voting that another org needs more help than they do?