Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Naevari said:
    (Although as a PVP newb, IDK whether the effectiveness of such testing would be reduced by the lack of variable parry/stance-related skill levels. Like, don't Knighthood and Kata make parrying and stancing respectively more effective, or am I mistaken?
    Presently, Transcendant Combat gives a +5% bonus to both stance and parry; and Transcendant Kata gives another +5% to just stances and Transcendant Knighthood gives a +5% bonus to just parry. Each of these scales with lesson investment.
  • edited March 2018
    Something that would let you retain languages learned with a dormant Bookbinding skill.

It would help avoid RP awkwardness, but I don't see how it could really be said to be a mechanical advantage beyond maybe very specific IC encounters.
  • edited March 2018
    @Naevari said:
    Something that would let you retain languages learned with a dormant Bookbinding skill.

It would help avoid RP awkwardness, but I don't see how it could really be said to be a mechanical advantage beyond maybe very specific IC encounters.
    You can speak the languages that you've learnt with Bookbinding, even when dormant. I know I can. I currently do not have it active, it's in my dormant list and yet I can speak Loboshigaru as a Tae'dae! (and I haven't changeling'd into a different race!)

You can speak the following languages:
    The common tongue
    Furrikini
    Loboshigaru
    Orclach
    Tae'dae
    Lucidian

AB
    The following skills are dormant and may or may not be activatable at this time:
     * Bookbinding - Transcendent

• @Anita can you read divine with bookbinding inactive?
  • Mrak said:
    @Anita can you read divine with bookbinding inactive?
    No, you need to have it active to read Divine!
    --

read parchment
    A blackened parchment is written in an unknown language.

You swell in pride as you choose to become a student of Bookbinding.

read parchment
    "Verses of Magnora", By Mugowumpois of the Fifth Circle (Page 1)

Quatrain CMLXVIII

One chance to avoid the fate of oblivion shall arise,
    The salvation of creation must be weakened,
    And the poisoned spigot opened briefly,
    Allowing our defeat one last resurrection.

• You can buy babblefish artis to unlock more and speak every language.

" a babbling cuttlefish "

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Allixea said:
    How about an artifact that can be linked to a manse stable? Like a zoo for your beasts, This makes them visible to visitors so if you want to show off a couple beasts you can just be like. LOOK WORG and now you are looking at the worg. Aslo it seems nicer than locking them in stables all day.
    Like this idea, but would also still love to have a way to have a 2. beast follow you around kind of like used as a denizen. Because cute beasts and reasons!
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Wobou said:
    A cheap, one-time use artifact to instantly incubate a beast egg would be awesome.
    I'd buy a reagent like this. Maybe 20 credits to instantly mature your beast?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • An upgrade to the Boots of the Wanderer to remove balance loss.
  • Can we please get the Astral Crowns modified so that the influence buff is changed to /anything/ else?
  • A more reasonable variation of the infini-last pliers: same price (or maybe a little more), but consuming it removes all the runes you have attached to things at once and returns all the runes into your inventory, ready to be re-attached to the same or different items.
  • Or moving to an artifact powers system instead of runes :p
  • Minor upgrade to the cubix that gives an entry to the new 13th astral sphere.
  • A manse artifact that you put in a room (similar to privacy gem) and stops your karma blessings from ticking
  • An artifact that allows you to attach your wonderwand or whip to your class weapon. This way everyone isn't pointing wands and cracking whips all the time (boring)
  • Yendor said:
    A manse artifact that you put in a room (similar to privacy gem) and stops your karma blessings from ticking
    I'm probably the most egregious manse-idler in the game. Karma is the ONE thing that is nearly almost enough of a pain in the ass to make me want to either log out or go out and do stuff.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Phoebus said:
    There should be like, a save-state artifact, "A Beastmaster's Mirror" or something, where you can save a beast's look and revert it back to that appearance if your zimoru spree screws it all up. Losewings emoticon here.
    Bringing this over from tweets to here, and also another suggestion to tweak an existing artifact: the zimoru syringe, as it stands, is wholly unappealing to me because you can only use it once per IG month. This completely misses the point, considering the only fun way to use zimoru is in a spree with a whole bunch at the same time. If the zimoru syringe could gather charge, say, one charge per month to a max of 12 (arbitrary suggestion for a whole IG year's worth, or whatever other number works as long as it's at least 10), it'd be more intriguing to me as an artifact. As it is right now I have zero desire to own one; too many credits for not nearly enough convenience.

My mirror suggestion combined with a zimoru syringe that can hold charges for mini-sprees would tempt my credits in a way they have never been tempted before.  :*
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Xenthos said:
    Xenthos said:
    1) WONDER*ITEM* TRANSFORM FORCE.  Cost: 3 credits.  Resets the timer on being able to transform your wonderitem again (as if a new day had passed).  Essentially zimoru for wonderitems.

2) A neverending syringe of zimoru.  Change this to be 1x per IC day (RL hour- same as wonderitems).

3) A gnomish time-lapse camera.  This camera has two effects.
    a) You can use it on a player, character, or object to generate a sketch (same as if you had paper and coal).
    b) You can use it on a wonderitem or beast with a separate command, CAMERA NEGATIVE *TARGET* and it will create an internal imprint of what the description / variables for that item are at that given point.  It will remember this negative for that specific object until you replace it with a newer negative.  If you then CAMERA PROJECT *TARGET* it will restore whatever variables it has remembered for the target onto that specific object.
    - It should be able to remember 1 negative for each wonderitem, and 1 negative for a beast (taking the negative of a different beast will switch to that one instead).

Basically the camera would allow you to save the appearance that you like the most, and then keep rolling to see if you can get something better.  If you can't, you can always go back to what you liked.

Might actually encourage more zimoru use if you know you're not potentially stuck with something you hate, too!

Xenthos said:
    Artifact that allows us to cure any plague (even newly discovered ones, once their introduction event is done).  100cr to 250cr.

Add a ranged upgrade that combines with Beast Delivery.  Your beast will deliver and inject the cure to anyone they would be able to make a normal delivery to.  500cr.  Maybe let it work with dirigibles/zeppelins/couriers too?

Obviously the cure arty can't have a cooldown on usage or it would be useless (cure one person in a room of five and they will be reinfected before the cooldown fires) but this at least gives orgs without access to whatever The One Specific Cure That Is The Only Thing For This Specific Plague Variant to at least do something.
    @Phoebus -- I have posted save state ideas in this thread a fair bit, this seems to be the most recent one.
  • I've seen this idea at least three times. Really wish it would be implemented.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Great minds think alike! I skipped most of the posts that were made during the time I wasn't checking the forums.  o:)
  • Since we are running a dingbat promotion this month, anyone have any suggestion for some neat cool gnome arties?
  • How about a footprint scanner? Reports who has been in the room you're standing in within the last Lusternian day.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Estarra said:
    Since we are running a dingbat promotion this month, anyone have any suggestion for some neat cool gnome arties?
    I still really want that gnomish camera idea I suggested earlier!
  • I can't get the name of this right. So suggestions on that front are welcome, but for now we'll call it:
    Gnomish Enabulator of Persistent Enchantment.
    You attach it to something you can/have enchanted and it either allows anu enchantment on the item to remain while the ench has zero charges. Or it prevents the last charge from being used up. A variation on a regulator maybe?
    Not certain how easy/hard that would be to code though.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: