What are you watching?

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    Completed Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood for the first time. @Daraius you were right it was amazing.

(Skeptical of the other Fullmetal anime/new live action movie, though.)
    Maybe this will offend manga purists, but I actually prefer the original Fullmetal Alchemist anime series! Either way, though, big fan of Fullmetal Alchemist.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I have yet to watch Brotherhood, but I did like the original anime.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I haven't seen the original anime, but the point of departure from Brotherhood was explained to me, and I couldn't get past how very far-fetched it sounds in comparison. Maybe I'll feel differently later on. The plot of Brotherhood was extremely satisfying to me.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited March 2018
    The OG anime spends a little more time on certain early story beats (Ed’s exam and stay with Shou Tucker, the boys’ relationship with Hughes, Barry the Chopper 1.0 and 2.0, Al’s identity crisis), which I found more satisfying than Brotherhood, and certain characters return in the second half in very interesting ways. But I understand why Brotherhood had to speed through those parts to get to the “new” stuff, and that stuff is fantastic.

They’re both absolutely worth watching, but it’s hard to deny Brotherhood’s huge leap forward in overall quality. I get excited for anybody experiencing FMA for the first time. <3

Btw hi folks.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
    And now, thanks to an old professor messaging me to let me know he was finally binging the series, I'm once again watching the re-imagined Battlestar Galactica. Frack, what a good show.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• Just finished watching Jessica Jones season 2. Definitely was worth the wait, and can't wait to see what they come up with for the third season. And now I'll just mosey on back to re-watch season 1, because why not?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Blasted through Castlevania, wish there were more than four episodes.

Just started Altered Carbon. This looks promising.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Finishing up the second season of BNHA (Boku no Hero: Academia) and it is AMASING. Probably going to finally watch FMA Brotherhood after I finish it.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
    Karlach said:
    Blasted through Castlevania, wish there were more than four episodes.

Just started Altered Carbon. This looks promising.
    Season Two of Castlevania (8 more episodes) is on the way this year!

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Finished Star Trek TOS and movies, gotten all the way through TNG to the first movie, I think, or at least to the point that Hallifax elects a new Chairman. Sort of. Also watching Grimm
    I finally saw Die Hard. Idk how I go so long without seeing the classics, but I get to them eventually!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Watched the first 2 seasons of Fargo (brilliant) and now on to the third! Hope it's as good as the others.
  • Went to see Ready Player One and it was fricking amazing. Loved it so much, and I just know that second viewing will be even better. Tempted to read the book, but in a rare reversal of my usual stance I just can't see how it can be better than the film.
  • Series of Unfortunate Events season 2
    Versalean said:
    Went to see Ready Player One and it was fricking amazing. Loved it so much, and I just know that second viewing will be even better. Tempted to read the book, but in a rare reversal of my usual stance I just can't see how it can be better than the film.
    I'm still trying to figure out how a first-time author lands a major motion picture deal before the book is even written.

• Having read extensive excerpts of the text and a "let's play" style chapter by chapter review, my advice would be to avoid the book - at least borrow it from the library or otherwise avoid paying for it. It's really really bad.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kinda like Eragon?
  • Worse. Derivative and... YA-y as it was, Eragon at least was written with some semblance pacing, tension, and character arcs. 
    So now I'm even more confused on how a BAD book by a first-time writer gets a major motion picture deal before it's even written...

The Good Place has been surprisingly great.
    Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    The Good Place has been surprisingly great.
    That is the best show I've seen in a while.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • DaraiusDaraius Shevat The juror's taco spot
    edited April 2018
    Don’t be fooled by the goofy looking thumbnail on Netflix. 100% worth watching.
    I used to make cakes.

Estarra the Eternal says, "Give Shevat the floor please."
  • Finally watched I, Tonya........ 
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    The newest, double-part episode of Steven Universe has me going back through every episode and shouting angrily when I re-read things. No spoilers, but you definitely need to watch it if you haven't already.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Just bingewatched the entire first series of Cobra Kai. If you can overlook or don't mind, or even enjoy the teenage romance drama in it, it's a perfect spiritual successor to the Karate Kid trilogy, some of the nods to the original series are a bit meta and groan-laugh worthy but the moments between Daniel and Johnny are absolutely brilliant.

And the season ending, jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez that had me slack jawed in shock.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Finally watching My Hero Academia. It should come as no surprise to anybody that my favorite character is 100% the frog.
    For some reason, I was drawn again into watching Gene Roddenberry's Andromeda from the beginning.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Been binging through Eureka, just started s5