NZ Storm Rollcall

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
edited April 2018 in The Real World
This thread is for any Lusternian players besides myself that are in New Zealand - Particularly Auckland - that have been affected by the severe storm we have had over the past 12-18 hours to touch base and let all know that they are alright.

For those of you wanting to know what happened and see some pictures of the extent of the damage so far, a good starting point would be http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=12030156

Long story short, there has been heavy rain and winds of up to 140km/h (approx 88mph for those who use imperial measurements), with one location reporting up to 219km/h at one point, that have blown down trees, knocked over fences, damaged roofs... the list goes on.  At least one confirmed tornado has been reported.

Personally I am fine, though I DID have a close call with a tree in the middle of being blown down when I was in my car last night - my parents are a little worse off though, having had several windows plus the french doors of their house blown out by the winds last night and having to organise elsewhere to stay for the night.
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• Yipes! Take care!
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Personally I'm fine and hunkered down at a net cafe in town, gonna be staying with a relative that has power at their place - over 115,000 houses are still without power roughly 24 hours in, with estimates that some people will be without power for up to three days.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?