General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• Subject still eggs... ok. I tried the water-float test on the remaining 6 that I had, and one of them floated(bad) and the rest looked fine. Dunno what the deal is.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Versalean said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Some other countries don't even refrigerate eggs.
    England.
    *cough* Wales.

I've done both. I don't go by dates- I go by look and smell. Refridgerated or not. My Nan would always put hers in the fridge.
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • I hate my apartment.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    People fridge their eggs? Wth

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• I have the flu. And I am doing the greathunt. This is how I die.

• Karlach said:
    People fridge their eggs? Wth
    It's true.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Screw allergies... more importantly screw birch trees.

like, I know they can't anything for their pollen being aggressive as hell and my body thinking this is a nice time to go bonkers but still hate you, birch trees. Well this time of the year at least :(
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • @Aeldra right there with you. Far as I'm concerned all grasses, most trees, and lilacs can diaf. 
  • I've had about 3 or 4 hours of sleep. It' 6am and restlessness knows no bounds.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2018
    So yeah. CW: suicide? Maybe.

I get a phone call about an hour into work today, from my wife. Quotation marks are her or otherwise not me.

"What's going on with you?"

What?

"Apparently we had about five cop cars at the house while Caitlin (my 16 year old daughter) was there alone after school. They searched the whole house because they got a tip that you were going to hang yourself. Apparently you posted it on facebook."

Uh, I'm at work. I've been at work. Not only that, but I'm currently postblocked on facebook anyway.

"Whatever. I've got to finish shopping and run home."

So I call home and my daughter is in hysterics. I calm her down and explain that someone got something wrong, or its a prank or something incredibly not amusing. I head off out of the quiet office and back to my work area. Supervisor stops me on the way 

"Get in the golf cart. Where have you been?"

Uh...bathroom, and I got this crazy call...

"I can believe it. Someone wants to talk to you."

The someone was a pair of deputies from the sheriff's department, who had contacted my plant manager who already dislikes me, and told him that I was trying to kill myself. After some questioning, they let me go.

....it's only Monday.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Oh my god, @Shaddus, that's horrible... any idea who sent the tip? Hope your daughter is ok :(
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited April 2018
    Supposedly, a police officer in Utah saw it on my Instagram and contacted them.

My instagram hadn't been logged into in years until today, and has precisely 0 posts ever.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • That's awful! Bad enough someone would do it but to upset your family and mess with your work is disgusting.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Shaddus said:
    Supposedly, a police officer in Utah saw it on my Instagram and contacted them.

My instagram hadn't been logged into in years until today, and has precisely 0 posts ever.
    Is it possible to go through your police department to get that supposed officer's ID number so you can follow up with disciplinary action? More than likely that's the same guy who sold me a bridge, but if you're annoying and press the matter (since it is something that has drastically effected your home life and work environment) they'll have little choice but to at least make an effort to follow up.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Just read Th1rteen R3asons Why. I hate myself.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited April 2018
    Dear Bambi, you glorified tree rat,

Today the nice law enforcement officer stopped by my home to remind me that baiting deer with food is illegal. Now, he recognized that I was not trying to attract your kind, on account of me growing many things that humans like and deer do not along with the bits you insist on stealing. But I would hate to have to have that conversation again, so please keep your furry little face out of my garden. Kthnxbai.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Deer Portius: Put better locks on your grow house
    Love, Bambi
    PS did you see what I did there?
  • Versalean said:
    Just read Th1rteen R3asons Why. I hate myself.
    Don't hate yourself. Believe in yourself. If you can't do that, then believe in the me that believes in you! xD
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I give up on the argument of macaron vs macaroon and what they are / how they are different >:[

• One's the French president.
  • Dys said:
    One's the French president.
    Been making that joke for weeks, its the best
  • Power outage. Estimated time everything coming back up is 2am. 3.5 hours from now.

Guess I'm coding by candlelight. At least until my laptop battery runs out. 29% left, gonna make it count.

Or maybe I'll just sleep.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ear infection continues on, now with added ringing and other pleasant accoutrements. Going to see the doctor on Wednesday. A month and a half and I'm ready to do just about anything to feel better.

The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  •  So yesterday was a good day, good news about being able - and have booked - for Rome...

Today can just diaf. Usual 6 month check up on my eyes after the whole you-nearly-died-or-had-brain-damage-but-you-have-neither illness of 2016. Eye-doctor lady checked my eyes.. right eye which was the worst of the two was grand! no problems, yay! Left eye.. "I am concerned about your left eye, I need a colleague to come look at it." *ALERT WARNINGS POPPING INTO HEAD* Her colleague turns out to be big boss lady-consultant to look at my eye. And then they argued over a word I can't even spell - which they then proceeded to tell me that I might have "dead" or "dying" tissue in my eye. But big boss lady was like NO. Just treat her for the weakness there. MORE LASER IN MY LEFT EYE. G R E A T.  

tl;dr - Doctors make you worry unnecessarily and I have funky eyes.
  • Xeii said:
    Dying tissue in the eye sounds so unnerving D: Hope it gets solved alright @Anita
    You're telling me. They were discussing it right in front of me like I wasn't there which made it worse - the consultant sounded unsure but still disagreed in the end and just said tht my eye was weak and needed more laser to reinforce it -- so my retina doesn't detach / have holes in around the edge.
  • Holey retina. That must have been a nightmare.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • edited April 2018
    Exams nearing end, great! Left hip aching like no tomorrow thanks to accumulated stress (among other factors), boo.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • Kitty new pet vet visit was yesterday. It took my boyfriend and me 20 minutes to get her into the crate (she HATES crates), she spent the entire trip complaining, and then she got herself two shots, a stick in both her ears, and now she has to get ear drops in both of them every day for two weeks to fix an ear infection she's been bravely pretending she doesn't have (no ear scratching to let us know something might be up!)

And there's the diet, but we knew about that already. All the crying she did yesterday - my heart breaks for her!

She's forgiven us for taking her, for now. We haven't yet been brave enough to put the ear drops in. And then she goes back into the Very Bad Crate in three weeks for the second part of a vaccination and an ear check-up.

We are too soft-hearted for this terrible monstrous work D: It must be so tough being a cat.
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."