What is your favourite Psionics path, and why?

TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
Feel free to include further insight in the comments, I'm just gathering data.
                      * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                     * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
          * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
  * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."

Comments

• MoiMoi
    edited April 2018
    Hnnnnnnng, BodyFuel. CellAdjustment. Pheromones. Bloodboil. Heck, even Shift. It's all so good.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    To be fair to my vote, it was a hard choice between mechanics and roleplay. I LOVE the idea of having all my stuff floating around me like a flock of well trained hummingbirds, and being able to telekinetically do impolite things without being caught. (Not on Luce, obv) BUT, free acquisito, forcefield, barrier, and a tertiary with two viable kill routes (or just adding to mana pressure)? Yespls.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    as forest people there's really only psychometabolism, though having experienced telekinesis it is a close second, even though I do feel that the kill routes are a little outdated, but that is beside the point. roleplaywise feels telekinesis is a clear win, but I don't have that as a druid...

totally voting for telekinesis druids ;)
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Give me TK monks please. Punches do affs and non-health damage. 

• Telepathy, for dominate shenanigans
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Nicholo said:
    Give me TK elemental monks please. Punches do affs and non-health FIRE damage. 

FTFY

• Telekinesis is almost a must for lower level mages, since forcefield makes you tankier for bashing. Combine it with ironwill and mindbar locked, add an ego blessing, and run with performance mode on for the additional ego regen and you can be quite hard to down, even at lower levels. You lose the ability to effectively PK if you have your channels locked though. 

Alternatively, you can leave your channels open and hit with burst/clot/choke or burst/clot/ psiblade and may even be able to kill someone as a Chemantic. 
  • Sorry for the double post, but I would like to add that I originally took telepathy for the mechanics AND the roleplay, but there weren't enough other telepaths around to mindlink with to make it worth my while.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Psychometabolism seems cool, but I've never actually used it, so I had to go with TK. Back in the day of racial stats, my ego was beast; my health, not so much. Forcefield 100% enabled me to bash hard-hitting enemies as a frail trill mage.

It's also the only tertiary I ever felt somewhat competent using in combat, also Way Back When. Arte was a good teacher for me, when he left I could never figure anything out again.  :sweat: I have spent many years mostly feeling just very confused.
  • I've only ever used Psychometabolism, but I'm loving it. In all honesty, though, I'm just coming here to say:

Give us some kind of psionic leap. I want to be a Jediiiii! :D
  • Naevari said:
    I've only ever used Psychometabolism, but I'm loving it. In all honesty, though, I'm just coming here to say:

We got 1 crystal wonderwings for that. >_> 
  • Nicholo said:
    Naevari said:
    I've only ever used Psychometabolism, but I'm loving it. In all honesty, though, I'm just coming here to say:

We got 1 crystal wonderwings for that. >_> 
    It's less the mechanics of it and more the fact that, personal Jedi fantasies aside, the concept of being able to propel myself higher into the air with Telekinetics or use Psychometabolism to lighten my body temporarily and jump really high (despite not having the training of an acrobat) is RPly very cool to me.

Out of curiosity, though, what kind of flavour text is displayed when you use the wonderwings jump ability?