Packages of Joy

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2816
Date: 4/16/2018 at 21:35
To  : Everyone
Subj: Year 500 Joy!

We are including packages of Joy! on the website to help celebrate the remarkable milestone of Year 
500. Each package of Joy! includes: one wonder gem, one iron coin (an iron coin when spun on the 
Wheel of Tzaraziko is much, much luckier than a normal coin), and five presents. You can purchase 
them directly on the website: https://www.lusternia.com/credits/

Additionally, we are release eight new Crowns of Mastery, one of the following aetherbubbles: 
Bottledowns, Cankermore, Crumkindivia, Dramube, the Facility, Mucklemarsh, Xion and Frosticia.

Penned by My hand on the 18th of Juliary, in the year 500 CE.

Comments

• First off, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This promo gets me many excite. But. Iron coins. They seem to be a large part of the pull, so I'm quite intrigued; what does much, much luckier mean? Because I can tell you that if I spin one and get 1000 milk there will be caps. Or if I spin one, get a really lucky fortune cookie and then spin a tongue stud. Caps. So what's so bane about these things? I need very little encouragement to spend money on this promo.
  • edited April 2018
    Versalean said:
    First off, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This promo gets me many excite. But. Iron coins. They seem to be a large part of the pull, so I'm quite intrigued; what does much, much luckier mean? Because I can tell you that if I spin one and get 1000 milk there will be caps. Or if I spin one, get a really lucky fortune cookie and then spin a tongue stud. Caps. So what's so bane about these things? I need very little encouragement to spend money on this promo.
    Iron coins are basically better coins. Credits, dingbats, wonder crystals, fortune cookies (which we just changed it to), giftbag rewards (essentially what you get in presents). Though being frank, I made a change to add fortune cookies in and forgot to check the math. I'll check the math tomorrow morning after I wake up (it's 230am right now) and talk to Estarra about backdating the rewards if needed.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Ianir said:
    Versalean said:
    First off, SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. This promo gets me many excite. But. Iron coins. They seem to be a large part of the pull, so I'm quite intrigued; what does much, much luckier mean? Because I can tell you that if I spin one and get 1000 milk there will be caps. Or if I spin one, get a really lucky fortune cookie and then spin a tongue stud. Caps. So what's so bane about these things? I need very little encouragement to spend money on this promo.
    ... fortune cookies (which we just changed it to), ...
    Just speaking for myself, pass. Way too much junk in fortune cookies and presents.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited April 2018
    Seems like a pretty decent deal.  Wonder Crystal alone sells for around 100 credits on average (which you usually need to fork out US$40 for), plus the iron coin.  Presents are a bit of a gamble, especially if your present counter is low and you have 75% chance of a standard present.  I'd hope that the prize list for iron coins has been stripped of things like commodities though, it would be a bit of a kick to the groin if, like versa said, you get 500 coral.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Kagato said:
    Seems like a pretty decent deal.  Wonder Crystal alone sells for around 100 credits on average (which you usually need to fork out US$40 for), plus the iron coin.  Presents are a bit of a gamble, especially if your present counter is low and you have 75% chance of a standard present.  I'd hope that the prize list for iron coins has been stripped of things like commodities though, it would be a bit of a kick to the groin if, like versa said, you get 500 coral.
    I mean...

-unwrap present
    You quickly unwrap a present of 5 presents, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful
    confetti into the air, and excitedly pull 5 presents from within.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in solstice cheer, which sprays glittering silver dust and
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 78 aethergoop.
    You've unwrapped a STANDARD present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in solstice cheer, which sprays glittering silver dust and
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 71 aethergoop.
    You've unwrapped a STANDARD present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 1432 aethergoop.
    You've unwrapped an EXCEPTIONAL present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 300 aethergoop.
    You've unwrapped a SUPERIOR present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

cheerful confetti into the air, and excitedly pull a Lesser Rune of Poison Enhancement from within.
    You've unwrapped a SUPERIOR present! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Drunken Master Kalas Malarious, Revelling Rascal says, "Your counter is pretty high."

Malarious claps his hands together merrily.

-presents status
    Gift Counter: 11
    Chance for Standard Present: 79%
    Chance for Superior Present: 19%
    Chance for Exceptional Present: <1%
    Chance for Ultimate Present: <1%
    **NOTE: When you receive an ULTIMATE present, your Gift Counter will be set to zero.

You say, "Would you believe it isn't?? That was dumb luck."

• edited April 2018
    That's... amazing. Next person will get 100% comms.

ETA - removed the unnecessary coarse imagery
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What were the thoughts behind releasing crowns for the aetherbubbles? TBH, I can't see actually buying any of these or trying to get any of them besides maybe Xion or Cankermore.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    What were the thoughts behind releasing crowns for the aetherbubbles? TBH, I can't see actually buying any of these or trying to get any of them besides maybe Xion or Cankermore.
    My first thought would they become really nice things for domoths.
  • As someone who doesn't have any of this, it sounds very interesting.
    Fully expecting to get a pile of lumber. But the wonder gem seems worth it.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    If crowns let you (and only you) teleport to the area that they are for it would be a huge provement imo.  Bubblixes would still be loanable, so might want to buy / keep for that, but for people who are already maxed on regen, resist, and influence buffs crowns do feel awfully lacking.

Alternatively, decent crit buff in the crown's area.  Or both!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I decided to give a single package a try.

The iron coin was not very exciting.  I got a pack of 5 ikons (10 credit tradein value).  Ikons are a bit silly.

However, 4 of the 5 presents turned into an exceptional (with 50 presents, so around a 15% chance of Exceptionals).  Great Rune of Paranoia, Great Rune of Weakening, Silver Spiderweb, and 1515 goop.  The last present was just a normal at around 56 goop.

The presents definitely saved the day.
  • From what I'm seeing in this thread, and other conversations, the iron coins are utterly whack.
  • Xenthos said:
    I got a pack of 5 ikons (10 credit tradein value).  Ikons are a bit silly.
    Wait, you can trade in Ikons? I can't find syntax for that. I'd love to offload a few for something I would actually use...
  • Bairloch said:
    Xenthos said:
    I got a pack of 5 ikons (10 credit tradein value).  Ikons are a bit silly.
    Wait, you can trade in Ikons? I can't find syntax for that. I'd love to offload a few for something I would actually use...
    You can trade in packs of Ikons, not individual ones. It is part of the ARTIFACT TRADEIN syntax (the 'pack' is an artifact).
  • With two iron coins I got a doll of Gorgulu (15db) and a superior rune of psychic enhancement (300cr). Can't complain!
  • I got two crowns, Muud and... Icewind? I cashed them in. Yeah, my coins weren't really awesome.
    And thanks for the explainer on the Ikons, Ejderha. That makes sense.
  • 1) Didn't realise they could be traded in, so thanks @Bairloch!
    2) 35 credit value makes no sense at all (but, at the very same time, all the sense in the world...)