Real World Raves

Comments

• I wish the forecast had been wrong out by me. Nonstop snow for the past two days!
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • Ahh, weather not matching predictions.

Last Thursday, my clinical instructor informed us at the start of the shift that the weather was going to be clear/cloudy all day, in contrast to the last week's heavy rains. Then, when our group was about to leave the site for lunch we noticed it was suddenly and unexpected pouring rain outside. Our instructor immediately said "This CAN'T be happening," pulls out her phone, checks her weather app, and defiantly waves it at the falling rain, yelling "My app says you're partly cloudy right now! YOU AREN'T REAL!"

On an unrelated note, I'm loving my clinical rotation right now.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • EssEss
    edited April 2018
    Lief said:

We just adopted the friendliest cat in the world (sorry, friendlier than yours, I'll fight you). She's adjusting pretty quickly to her new home, and we adore her!

We also just bought a bunch of Ikea furniture we really needed, so I've been scarce the past few days both playing with our cat and putting bookshelves together.
    That bookshelf does not look straight

Cat looks awesome
    Not Ess.
    Totally not Ess.
    Probably Kistan but that only has one s
  • Ess said:
    Lief said:

We just adopted the friendliest cat in the world (sorry, friendlier than yours, I'll fight you). She's adjusting pretty quickly to her new home, and we adore her!

We also just bought a bunch of Ikea furniture we really needed, so I've been scarce the past few days both playing with our cat and putting bookshelves together.
    That bookshelf does not look straight

Cat looks awesome
    The angle of this picture makes that shelf look WAY lopsided! I swear it's totally straight though. D:
    Amazing beautiful stunning avatar by Gurashi!
    ~
    A gentle breeze ruffles your wings and whispers in your ears, as if for you alone, "Dragonfly's words shine... seeds, sown and tended, inspire... a forest harvest."
    ~
    Maylea reaches out, Her fingers poised in midair. "Now you are of Me, even more than you were before." Her golden and azure eyes glitter. "Walk well, Eldin. Shed glory in My name, and bring life to the lifeless."
  • @Lief Kitty's eyes! She looks so calm and sweet <3
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    My sister's coworker gave her a bunch of fresh mint, so we made mojitos. Mmm, mojitos.
  • RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Karlach said:
    Anita said:
    I am going to Rome, Italy! \o/
    My envy is beyond palpable.

Been experimenting more and more with cooking lately, don't think you'll see me open a restaurant any time soon, but certainly likely to host a dinner party or two.
    I've found hosting to be surprisingly fun (even with the amount of work involved). Being able to cook definitely helps (though charcuterie boards can rarely go wrong, too)  ;)

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• Xeii said:
    The midterms from hell officially end tomorrow.
    My students are starting their finals in a week and a half

Good luck!
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Phoebus said:
    Hummingbirds are finally visiting my hummingbird feeder.  <3 Hello my fluttery friends, I missed you during the winter.
    We have a peaceful alliance between the squirrels that live in the trees in our front yards and the different birds that come to visit. The squirrels can't climb the feeder (thanks to some ingenuous rigging on our part) so the birds will kick some food over the edge. I like to think that it's intentional, because the squirrels eat from the ground and don't bother the birds at all! Birds are the best~
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • Bought my cat some catnip today....it seems so cruel but he keeps coming back
  • edited February 2019
    -
  • Yay, now I don't have to yell at people who try to spoil Infinity War anymore. :)
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My tweet-fu is paying off. A recent tweet of mine was shown in an online article.

http://www.guacamoley.com/lol/2018/05/14/1alKP/samuel-l-jackson-tweet

Yes, I'm easily amused. Don't judge me.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Back from vacation. Scotland was amazing. Left side of the road driving was awkward as hell ( "OMG ROUNDABOUT PAAANIIIIIC", *cough* am a routined driver but those had me for a few times before I got the hang of it. ). Sadly didn't get the hang of the best food, but been up and down the highlands, edinburgh, went a long road via train as well... in short it was delightful. 9/10 would recommend ( just not the places where I ate food :/ )
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Aeldra said:
    Back from vacation. Scotland was amazing. Left side of the road driving was awkward as hell ( "OMG ROUNDABOUT PAAANIIIIIC", *cough* am a routined driver but those had me for a few times before I got the hang of it. ). Sadly didn't get the hang of the best food, but been up and down the highlands, edinburgh, went a long road via train as well... in short it was delightful. 9/10 would recommend ( just not the places where I ate food :/ )
    I went to Scotland several years ago! It's so beautiful there.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    My cousin's wedding was great, and I loved getting to see my cousins again :). We grew up together but don't get that many opportunities to get together anymore, especially since I moved away.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Kethaera said:
    I am no longer homeless!
    OMG that's awesome!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    That feel when you pinpoint the main plot problem that’s been the source of your writer’s block. Woohoo!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."