Tweets VIII: Knocks Me Off My Tweet

Comments

• Well this return is going well. In game turned out to be the worst apologiser ever.

Now I can't seem to log into my old forums account for some reason, every time I tried to put in Qistrel it asked me for a password and then when I did it said one didn't exist for my account. So I trawled gmail for my original username, and put that in, and it created me a new account with this name for some reason. And don't know where to look for help files on this stuff. :'(
  • PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Well this return is going well. In game turned out to be the worst apologiser ever.

Now I can't seem to log into my old forums account for some reason, every time I tried to put in Qistrel it asked me for a password and then when I did it said one didn't exist for my account. So I trawled gmail for my original username, and put that in, and it created me a new account with this name for some reason. And don't know where to look for help files on this stuff. :'(
    I had the same problem, it was like "no password, click here to reset your password," but there was no link to click. I emailed support and they helped me out, I suggest you do the same!
  • Well this return is going well. In game turned out to be the worst apologiser ever.

As Phoebus said, the only real way to fix us is for us to move a few things around on the forum side, and you'll need to email support@lusternia.com for us to do that. Vanilla Forums is a tad unfriendly with our new OAuth setup, and the solution is to move accounts to different email addresses (which is odd) or, what we usually do, set a forum-specific password and give you an odd endpoint to access it rather than the normal login.

It's not ideal, but we have no other solutions at the moment.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    The Incorporated Cultured House of Windwhisper is liable to descend into obscurity without involving 
    itself more in the goings on of the Basin of Life. The House has performed approximately 40% of the 
    work it must do to stay in the mouths of town gossips.

The culture house malus to family honor gains from hunting is annoying. I don't want to influence, but I feel like I'm obligated to if I actually want to get that to 100% before the end of the year.  :/ Influencing is even more boring than standing still and staring into space. 
    Oops, I accidentally conditioned myself to only go hunting while I'm listening to music. I took my headphones off because my neck hurts when I wear them for too long, and now I'm just shuffling about doing nothing productive in-game.  :disappointed:
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Not to detract from the conversation, but guess who drank tea at an entirely too late time and is now probably going to get no sleep tonight (considering it's already almost 4 am)?

>>>this guy<<<

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    I'll forever be sad that org epic honour lines disappear once you leave the org. Even if it were changed to be '(S)He was once accounted as...blah'. But then again, I'd also like to keep an inert version of the orgbix for sentimental reasons (A tarnished belt of the once-Enlightened).
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I would like all those honour lines back that got wiped out and replaced by the "epic quest completion" lines while we're at it.
    Are you talking about the prophesy lines? They're kept in now so that might be solved with a bug or an issue.

I'd like my 15 lines from Hallifax, Celest, and Gaudi, though. <_< "She once sat as an Adjudicator of the Merciful Justice", "She once witnessed the glories of the Temporal Paradise", "She once peered into the Mysteries of the Great Pyramid", etc. In fact...Steingrim already has lines from multiple cities somehow.

• I would like the last leaders and first leaders lines that were told we would get when factions came >:(
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Tremula said:
    Are you talking about the prophesy lines? They're kept in now so that might be solved with a bug or an issue.

I'd like my 15 lines from Hallifax, Celest, and Gaudi, though. <_< "She once sat as an Adjudicator of the Merciful Justice", "She once witnessed the glories of the Temporal Paradise", "She once peered into the Mysteries of the Great Pyramid", etc. In fact...Steingrim already has lines from multiple cities somehow.
    I think you can keep all but the actual epic line itself, provided you never actually finish.
  • Who would honestly say that they would put 120 guards in Acknor if guard power weren't bugged?
  • edited May 2018
    Mrak said:
    Who would honestly say that they would put 120 guards in Acknor if guard power weren't bugged?
    Check out Rockholm.

Edit: And entrances to Serenwilde.
    The Divine voice of Ianir the Anomaly echoes in your head, "You are a ray of sunshine in a sea of 
    depression. I just wanted you to know that."
  • edited May 2018
    100% agree. There's 120 guards in Rockholm - I only held my tongue when I saw that weeks ago because someone could argue that they needed them to prevent kingmaker (even though kingmaker is broken right now and half the guards aren't even on Thoril, lol).

One party taking advantage of the bug is not sufficient reasoning for other parties to take advantage of the bug. 

Edit: there's just absolutely no reason why you would need a significant amount of guards in Acknor - it's the clearest example I've seen thus far of what I consider to be bad behavior. That's why I point it out now.

Edit2: I've been reminded of the Estelbar-Acknor conflict quest. I suppose someone could argue that 120 guards is a reasonable response to getting furrikin stolen and that they'd totally be doing this regardless of whether there was a power cost, but mark me down in the "skeptical" box.
    edited May 2018
    1,000,000,000 guards would not be able to stop the Kingmaker quest.

Damageshift (with the cage to extend time), pyramid, deepcover is a 100% guarantee to kill Thoril no matter what.  Or you can just YOLO it like a Stealth monk and just do Deepcover, basic attack, and hope for a decent crit.  Of course you'll die once the deepcover wears off after attacking, but, doesn't matter if you succeeded.

There are a lot of issues with guards right now.  There are far more serious bugs than the no-power bug, in fact (sorry, really easy to abuse, cannot post to forums, and intentionally abusing them has an "InstaShrub" warning label attached).

A couple other points for your consideration: As a Conquest organization, every village Glomdoring owns donates 1,000 power every day to Glomdoring's Conquest Pool (when you went into Acknor Glomdoring had 6 villages, though it's up to 7 now).  Six villages allows (edit: 240) guards to be summoned on nothing but conquest pool alone, so it is actually feasible for Glomdoring to plop 120 guards in a village and still be positive on power for guards elsewhere.  Pre-power-bug, we have in fact had large stacks of guards there (though I think the stacks were closer to 30 than 60 each-- we also had far fewer villages meaning less stretch room).

If they still cost power, I'm absolutely sure there would be a lot more pushback on having them there.  The conquest pool works best if you let it build up when you have a lot of villages so it can absorb costs when you don't have as many villages.

I will also add that I spent most of a year wondering how the heck Serenwilde was affording so many guards, myself.  If orgs are told to player-police how many guards that they can have and are given a cap to hold themselves to, I would not personally shed any tears (I had asked for a hard-coded cap but that was not feasible either).  Some more specific guidelines would be nice to have.
  • Me: Do u wub me?
    RNG: No.
  • edited May 2018
    TOTAL CONQUEST POWER AVAILABLE FOR SERENWILDE:  1499451

Serenwilde's conquest pool isn't that bad off. So even if they weren't bugged, we'd be fine for a bit.

Edit: Since you seemed to be wondering how Serenwilde could afford it.
  • It seems to me that the arguments being made are "even if the bug weren't there, we'd be okay doing what we're doing." In my mind the clear criterion is "would I still be doing this if it wasn't bugged." I suppose that I'm just extremely skeptical that any of the behavior we're seeing now passes this second hurdle. 

Since folks have collectively decided that it's okay to abuse this bug, I guess I'll give in to the people in Mag who want to put giant guard stacks all over the place.
  • I put guards up before I knew it was bugged, so I do know I would have done that if it wasn't bugged. I even helped with an idea that blocked a couple of Seren's exits in the forest, so we wouldn't have to have so many guards.
  • edited May 2018
    This is very clearly a bug. If it is being abused and it is issued that it is being abused, we will look through the powerlogs and I will be very annoyed with the person(s) who is intentionally abusing the bug. Whether folks have collectively decided it is okay to abuse or not is beside the point.

Guards are currently being held together with string and bubblegum, and will require a near recode to fix as they're highly linked to old guilds and the fact that they still exist in any state at all right now is a complete hack. They're just slightly lower priority than most other things... Or will be until I start having to reprioritise them because people start deciding common sense regarding bug abuse is something to be thrown out the window.

Reasonable numbers and using your head about what you would do without the bug is all I ask really though. I probably won't react if I don't see giant stacks of 150-200 guards or stacks in every other room.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    edited May 2018
    Sarrasri said:
    TOTAL CONQUEST POWER AVAILABLE FOR SERENWILDE:  1499451

Serenwilde's conquest pool isn't that bad off. So even if they weren't bugged, we'd be fine for a bit.

Edit: Since you seemed to be wondering how Serenwilde could afford it.
    I must point out that conquest pool power now is not a good determination.

Let's assume that Serenwilde had an average of 3 villages over a year's time span (I think the average is actually higher than that, there were some periods when Seren had quite a few, but just for the sake of numbers): 3,000 conquest power * 365 days = 1,095,000 power in the pool.

That's all 'free' conquest power because the guards have not been eating / absorbing it.  The pool would be far smaller (edit: possibly even empty, with all the guards Serenwilde has) if it was actually being used.

Edit 2: If Serenwilde has been spending more than 4,000 power a day on guards for the last year, that conquest pool would be empty right now.  4,000 * 365 = 1,460,000 power should have been burned (so 4,000 a day is basically your conquest pool's break-even for the last year).
    Update: I've got basic things running in Mush thanks to a lot of help from the community, now I just need to figure out how to work my defs and the different dialect that I know Mush uses for lua compared to Mudlet. I am so happy to have swapped again, though, Mush just pleases me aesthetically with its minimalism. 

Also I'm accepting any volunteered rambles about the best way to do Mush aliases/triggers/scripts to my Discord or here on the forums so I can get back to working speed faster! 

• The Portal of Fate flashes as Longdong steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Tremula said:
    Update: I've got basic things running in Mush thanks to a lot of help from the community, now I just need to figure out how to work my defs and the different dialect that I know Mush uses for lua compared to Mudlet. I am so happy to have swapped again, though, Mush just pleases me aesthetically with its minimalism. 

Also I'm accepting any volunteered rambles about the best way to do Mush aliases/triggers/scripts to my Discord or here on the forums so I can get back to working speed faster! 
    Stoooop, now I'm missing Mush again :( .
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Versalean said:
    The Portal of Fate flashes as Longdong steps through, now ready to begin a fresh life in Lusternia.
    And he'll get to keep that name
    I made a mistake. I zimoru'd the bird because I was weirded out by the dog head and I figured I might find something cooler if I kept going. But then it kept having heads of different animals that were even less appealing and I was filled with regret. I finally got my beautiful howling wings back, but now it has an insectoid head, and I spent like 50 credits-ish and I'm just very sad. Zimoru sprees are usually fun, but I didn't have any fun with this one at all. Just regret. I'm sorry, Wishbone...
    @Admins #bringbackwishbone