The End of the Seniit Menace (Parts 1, 2, and 3)

EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / BrontaurIndianapolis, IN, USA
Part 1: The Final Preparation

Using his greatsword as a makeshift cane, Grey limps in from the south, wreathed in a white mist.

Sarrasri clears her throat.

Swiftly crossing your arms over your chest, you turn to Grey and grasp both of his forearms in a tribal gesture of greeting.

Swiftly crossing her arms over her chest, Sarrasri turns toward Grey, grasping his forearms in a tribal gesture of greeting.

Xiran jumps up and flits behind Sarrasri.

Glimmer of Moondust, Yugifyre Calithel, Princess Fluffball says, "Hi Grey."

With a graceful step back and a sweeping bow, Arien plays a complex sequence of notes. Pale images of ancient spirits surround Grey briefly, their voices harmonizing with the song.

Hushing the crowd, you say, "Quiet, everyone."

Grey inclines his head politely to those gathered.

Smiling warmly, Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw says to Grey, "Greetings, big mist friend."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Greetings, Grey."

Grey says, "How have everybody's meditations and preparations been coming?"

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "The Wodewoses have taken to marking the forest with signs."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Both for protection, and to work against Seniit."

Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart says, "I have the ritual prepared for invoking the Ancestors."

Grey says, "And have the Sowers found a way to strike against the half-formed?"

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "Sowers, do you possess a way to strike down Seniit?"

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "Are your preparations bearing seed?"

(Serenwilde): Vefai says, "We're working on it, I believe."

Yugifyre sits herself down.

Vefai enters from the north, emanating an aura of immense power.

Xiran curtseys gracefully before Vefai.

Vefai curtseys gracefully.

Vefai proudly shows off a verdant seed:
Made of some odd crystal, this unusual seed has taken on a verdant sheen, almost a bright emerald in colour. It seems to shine with an almost natural light, small streams of silver coursing through its  centre.

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Sowers have a seed for everything."

Sarrasri's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

The corners of Vefai's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

Joyous Lady, Vefai Myeras, the Gatherer of the Pixies says, "I have to find where it needs to go."

Grey eyes the seed suspiciously, nodding. "That will work," he states matter-of-factly. "That will work well."

Vefai kneels before Grey, swearing her allegiance to him.

Sarrasri looks over her athame, ensuring the wodesigns painted on earlier have not smudged.

Seniit the Manipulator appears behind Grey, a smile wide on his face. "You are a new one! Certainly interesting!" His attention turns to you, "Sparrow, did you relay my offer?" (Earlier, Seniit told Everiine to bring a message to the commune leadership: "Make ammends, leave, or die. Playtime is over!")

Yugifyre gives a pained sigh.

With a flourish, Sibirn draws a serrated double-bladed waraxe from a forest-green leather frogge.

Xiran's eyes grow round.

Grey remains motionless, hands upon his greatsword's hilt.

Nodding his feathered head, you say to Seniit the Manipulator, "I did, Seniit."

Eleniel shuffles her feet uneasily.

Seniit the Manipulator says, "And your answer?"

Simply, Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw says to Seniit the Manipulator, "We are out of almonds." ('amends', get it?)

Vefai looks about herself, rubbing her chin thoughtfully.

Sarrasri stares down Seniit the Manipulator, a cold look in her eyes.

Arien's lip rises as she bares her teeth slightly, mouth twitching as she begins to paw the ground as if revving up to charge.

Yugifyre idly twitches her tail.

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "We are not leaving, Seniit."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "That is our answer."

Seniit the Manipulator smiles a wide, toothy smile. "And no amends?"

Shaking his head, Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw says, "No almonds. Not now, not ever."

Sarrasri nods her head at Sibirn.

Waykeeper Minkahmet, Ashen Shroud in Cairns whispers, "None....basically.."

Seniit the Manipulator exclaims, "Saddening! Very well then!"

Sibirn's grip tightens on his waraxe at he leans forward.

The half-formed disappears suddenly in a black mist.

Sibirn blinks.

Everiine flutters his wings.

Xiran zips about anxiously.

Yugifyre gives Xiran a friendly squeeze.

Everiine kneels down and presses his palm to the ground. Closing his eyes, he chants under his breath, calling the names of the wodesigns carved and painted throughout the forest, beckoning the Land to answer the summons and empower the signs.

A violent storm of umbrous mist begins to pick up throughout the forest. The winds begin to rise, loose stones and dead branches beginning to rise up and join the mist in its spiral.

Sibirn stomps his massive paws against the ground, leaves and loose soil jumping and dancing around him as he raises his waraxe high, calling forth the power of his wodesigns.

Placing a palm upon the Moonhart Mother Tree, Sarrasri joins you in your chants to call upon the wodesigns throughout the forest.

Grey grins as he stands his ground, watching the storm take hold.

Arien quickly moves around the group at the Mother Moonhart, dipping deep into a pouch at her sternum. She begins to sprinkle herbaceous dust around them in a protective circle. Her chants are hurried blurs of graceful intonations, as she tosses the silver mistletoe in each cardinal direction.

Arien hurriedly she positions the effigies, and sprinkles the grave dirt in the centre of the circle.

The mists begin to grow faster and stronger. Small animals begin to go flying, a cow is visible and audible flying over the Scar. Massive trees begin to rise throughout the forest.

Dancing now with her movements, as she raises her voice over the wind, Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart chants, "We call upon you, ancestors of the Serynwodenhillirim. Rise to do homage in our battle. Show visions of his loved ones here, manifesting, to draw them in."

Arien begins to wield an antler-hung bell of the moon in her right hand.

Raising his hand, Grey says, "Hold your rituals."

Everiine stops chanting and blinks, looking up at Grey.

Arien is in motion about to ring her bell, but snaps its clapper against her chest to silence it.

Yugifyre takes an antler-hung bell of the moon from a gorgeous backpack of stars and bells.

Sibirn pauses, one massive paw held awkwardly in air as he tries to still his movement.

Yugifyre begins to wield an antler-hung bell of the moon in her right hand.

Grey says, "This is the wrong place to do it, and there are more preparations. But we ride out the storm."

Sarrasri slowly lowers her hand from the Moonhart Mother Tree, turning towards Grey.

Sibirn nods subtly.

Xiran sways back and forth.

You ask Grey, "Where is this right place?"

Simply, Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "We prepared all the forest for this. The tribes will go where we are needed."

Grey says, "We shall see once the storm has progressed."

Arien swoops up the effigies, and dusts the circle quickly - mumbling incantations as she dances the opposite direction to unweave the ritual.
Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.

Comments

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Part 2: The Final Storm

(Wodewoses): Sibirn says, "We should stick together, in case the storm separates the gathered."

Minkahmet creases his brow in a frown.

Xiran leaves, following Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart.

(Serenwilde): Xiran says, "Eep. There's a tree of black mist here."

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "On my way."

(Serenwilde): You say, "There are quite a few."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "The mist trees have returned."

Sibirn leaves to the north.

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "They are stronger."

The form of Sarrasri disintegrates into a swirl of leaves that is taken away to the north by a loamy breeze.

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "We need to do this together."

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "I don't think we will be able to remove these ones like we have before."

(Serenwilde): You say, "Do they not fall?"

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "They seem to be taking root in every path."

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "The one I was trying against would not fall, and even almost cut me down."

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "Likewise."

You tell Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt, "There are no black mist trees in Mighty
    Harty's valley."

Sarrasri tells you, "Excellent. The signs hold."

(Serenwilde): Sibirn says, "We must hold against the storm. The black mist sticks are too powerful to take down as we are now."

The storm begins to steady, the black mist taking a steady pace around the forest.

Xiran clambers down from a nearby vantage point in the treetops.

Grey grins as he lifts a hand from the hilt of his blade, taking a step forward. He speaks, "Perhaps it is time to prepare then."

You say to Grey, "Some of us have already prepared."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Guide us and we will follow."

A white mist begins to gather around the Moonhart, casting out the storm and leaving a calm clearing.

Sibirn gives a fierce grin at Grey, as he picks up his dance once more, paws coming down with heavy force, waraxe raised high.

Grey says, "We will have to set the bait and the trap, but his influence around the forest will need to be weakened for this. Are the trees removable?"

Sibirn shakes his head at Grey.

Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw says, "Not by axe, at least."

Grey says, "Call all who will assist in their removal then."

(Serenwilde): Sibirn says, "The forest is threatened. It is our time. Meet at the Moonhart."

Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart says, "I do not think they can be removed by mortal weapons."

Grey says, "This is where my aid comes in."

Arien nods her head in agreement.

Leaning in, Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw whispers to Arien, "With mist, anything is possible!"

Eyes growing wide, Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw whispers, "Anythiiing!"

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Gather and follow, we will move together."

You ask Sarrasri, "Do you want me to use my bond to seek them out? Or wait until later, once we have cleared many?"

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Later, when we have cleared some."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "At this time, I believe they are just everywhere."

Vefai enters from the north, emanating an aura of immense power.

Joyous Lady, Vefai Myeras, the Gatherer of the Pixies says, "Hello, everyone."

Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt says, "Once everyone is following, we'll move forward and eliminate the trees that don't belong in our woods."

Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw says to Vefai, "Follow Chief, we war party."

Joyous Lady, Vefai Myeras, the Gatherer of the Pixies says, "Okay, I am following."

Grey lifts a hand into the air.

Vefai inclines her head politely to Grey.

A vortex of white mist coalesces in midair as a mercurial, crimson-eyed mist-wolf steps out from the storm.

A vortex of white mist coalesces in midair as a mercurial, crimson-eyed mist-wolf steps out from the storm.

Sibirn raises a massive paw to a mercurial, crimson-eyed mist-wolf, exclaiming, "Hi mist doggy friend!"

Xiran gulps nervously.

Xiran begins to wield an athame dagger in her left hand.

You raise an eyebrow questioningly.

Grey lowers his hand, nodding. He speaks, "Each of you has a wolf. Speak to it to clear a tree, and it will. Should you lose it in the forest, just say to follow you and it will. Now go."

Arien nods her head in agreement.

You say, "I will head northeast."

(Travel travel travel)

Between the hills.
    Jagged arcs of vivid red light pierce the air, cast from a war shrine of Maylea nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A gentle breeze whistles around you. The hills bend around here, many steep sides rising up to block out any further view. Green, yellow and browning grasses mingle together, swaying gently in the breeze. Here and there small mounds in the earth mark out the homes of the wild rabbits that roam these hills. The call of a hawk echoes across the sky. A large black tree floats here in midair, coalesced from a black mist.
    You see exits leading east and south.

You say, "Clear the tree."
    A mercurial, crimson-eyed mist-wolf leans back on his haunches, leaping toward a large tree of black mist. As he collides with the tree, he explodes into a white mist and appears on the other side, growling a low growl.

Black mist fills the air as a disparate black mist begins to collapse in upon itself. Vortices begin to crumble and disperse into geysers. The form of the tree begins to disperse into a disparate cloud of umbrous mist, which appears... as angry as a cloud could be. A disparate black mist splits apart and then regathers around you, the mist absorbing the air as it expands. You feel your lungs tighten and gasp for air, dropping to your knees before a disparate black mist withdraws.

Tendrils of darkness separate from the rest of a disparate black mist, striking you across the chest and arms and leaving both numb. You stumble, shaken by the attack.

The flame within the center of a disparate black mist glows hot, expanding in size until the rest of the blackness of the mist is no longer visible. Without warning, the flames spin toward you, leaving a blinding, painful burn in its wake. The mist returns to normal size, the amaranth fire retracting.
    You have been slain by a disparate black mist.
    A swirling force begins to tug at your soul and the world spins around you.

Your soul is flung back to the prime material plane. Slowly, a skeleton forms from the aether, and muscles appear upon the bones, bubbling up in a frothy spray of blood. Finally, new skin stretches out and covers your new body, and you step out from the Moonhart Mother Tree.

You say, "I see that went well..."

Xiran looks over you anxiously.

You focus hard on your bond, willing yourself to strengthen the connection between you and your companion.

Silver Font, Xiran L'Eternae says, "Could they be back at the tree?"

You feel your bond with a fierce timberwolf strengthen until you cannot bear to be apart, and a rush of air surrounds you before you find yourself united.

(Dead again)

A warm tingle runs through your body as Xiran touches two fingers to your forehead, shifting a brilliant aura to you.

You say, "This is not a fight for me."

(Xiran continues healing people from afar)

Xiran raises a palm in the air. Wounds open up on her body.

Everiine peers off to the north, trying to determine how the fight is going.

Grey pats you on the shoulder. "It is fair to have limitations. Admitting them is strength."

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "Group together if the mists are too much for you alone."

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "We will be rid of them."

A massive column of amaranthine flame rises from the black mist trees scattered around the forest.

The amaranthine column reaches its peak in the sky and begins to tumble down, falling toward the ground.

Amaranthine flame fills the room in a burning holocaust. The flames envelop you immediately, and while there is a burst of pain, you feel nothing almost instantly. Everything goes white, then black.
    You have been slain by Seniit the Manipulator.
    A swirling force begins to tug at your soul and the world spins around you.
    Xiran has been slain by Seniit the Manipulator.

(Serenwilde): Sibirn says, "Track down the remaining trees, THEN kill the mists."

Your soul is flung back to the prime material plane. Slowly, a skeleton forms from the aether, and muscles appear upon the bones, bubbling up in a frothy spray of blood. Finally, new skin stretches out and covers your new body, and you step out from the Moonhart Mother Tree.

The soul of Xiran swirls in the air like a sparkling whirlwind, then vanishes in a flash of chromatic colours.
    The Moonhart Mother Tree flares with chromatic colours, as Xiran steps out of it, looking remarkably fresh and vitalized.

Grey stands where he stood, unmoving. He speaks, "Are you two alright?"

Xiran immediately straightens her back.

Returning to his position, looking north, you say, "It is not my first death, and it will not be my last."

With a gleam in her eye, Silver Font, Xiran L'Eternae says, "Aye."

Grey nods, smiling. "Stiff upper lip, then. Good man."

Everiine merely flutters his wings, with his hands at his sides, peering through the woods.

"This is fruitless! Get it? Tree? Fruit? Hilarious, I know!"

Xiran growls menacingly.

A massive column of amaranthine flame rises from the black mist trees scattered around the forest.

The amaranthine column reaches its peak in the sky and begins to tumble down, falling toward the ground.

Arien has fallen to the psionic prowess of Seniit the Manipulator.
    You see the death occur at scattered stones in Serenwilde.  (1136)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Serenwilde Forest, North.
    Sibirn has fallen to the psionic prowess of Seniit the Manipulator.
    You see the death occur at scattered stones in Serenwilde.  (1136)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Serenwilde Forest, North.

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "Everiine, how much mist remains, if you can tell?"

(Serenwilde): You say, "I cannot tell. As long as there are mist trees, my bond can smell them, but cannot distinction them one from another. There could be one, there could be one hundred."

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "Alright."

(More fighting)

The black storm begins to let up around the forest, growing moderately slower.

(Serenwilde): Sarrasri says, "His grasp upon the woods is weakening."

(Serenwilde): Arien says, "Continue the good work."

Grey says, "Where is the highest point in the forest?"

Xiran blinks.

You ponder the situation.

Silver Font, Xiran L'Eternae says to you, "The cliffs, perhaps?"

You say, "It could be the cliff by Moon Falls. I do not think my brother's hill is higher than that."

You say, "I will go and see."

(Travel travel travel)

Nodding his head and folding his wings, you say, "Aye. I believe the cliffs on either side of Moon Falls are the tallest places in the forest. They dwarf the tops of the tallest trees below by at least one hundred feet."

The storm continues to slow its churning, the vortex breaking off into many smaller vortices throughout the forest.

Grey says, "I see. I will use this as a vantage point then."

Grey says, "In the meantime, may I ask, is there anywhere which would be good for the ritual to lay the trap?"

You ponder the situation.

Grey says, "Somewhere clear. Trees will be a burden."

Xiran tilts her head.

Grey says, "At least too many will."

You say, "There are not many places in the Serenwilde clear of trees. There are some open pastures in the centaur hills, and few scattered clearings here and there."

Grey says, "The hills. I believe there is a high point there?"

You say to Grey, "My brother and his mate live atop the tallest hill there, aye."

Grey says, "Instruct the listeners that this is where the ritual is to be done. The wodewoses will need to trap the half-formed there while the sowers strike the final blow."

You nod your head at Grey.

Grey says, "I will watch from the cliffs and step in if things get hairy."

You ask Grey, "Should the trap be laid on the hill, or in the fields below?"

Grey grins an almost mischevious grin. "It would be almost fitting if it ended where it began, did it not?"

Using his greatsword as a makeshift cane, Grey limps out from the north, wreathed in a white mist.

You feel your bond with a fierce timberwolf strengthen until you cannot bear to be apart, and a rush of air surrounds you before you find yourself united.
    Xiran follows you ether.

Atop the tallest hill.
    Jagged arcs of vivid red light pierce the air, cast from a war shrine of Maylea nearby. Superimposed over this location, an ethereal forest reaches up to the sky. A thick cover of clouds obscures the sky in a sheet of dense white. The grass here has been neatly tended, the blades shorter and brighter than those on the surrounding foothills, and totally absent of weeds. At the very top is a curious dip in the hill. The cause of this anomaly is unknown, but it has an almost ominous feeling that demands respect. The soil is firm and even all around. A menacing silence hangs in the air, the nearby sounds closed out by an undiscernible force. Taking up a portion of the hilltop is a centaur scoop, its leather dome casting the grasses in a long shadow. Tokota Snowmane, the centaur elder, gazes at the sky, looking for omens. Tucked in the corner of the scoop, a circular, brass astrolabe stands here upon a simple stone pedestal. Protected from the elements by the scoop's dome, an astrological themed journal rests here, open-faced. Adushoc zi'Prouep quietly stands here, an elegant white robe flowing about her crystalline form. The young centaur Toma stares into the wide skies overhead, attentive to any disturbances. Hackles risen, a fierce timberwolf prowls about here.
    You see a single exit leading north.

You tell Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt, "We are to set the trap in the centaur hills--there is enough open space, free of trees, to lay the trap. The Listeners need to do the ritual there, and we will need to trap him so the Sowers can make the final blow."

Sarrasri tells you, "I will need some time."

You tell Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart, "Grey has chosen a place for the ritual to take place--the open fields in the centaur hills. That is where the Wodewoses must trap Seniit. That is where the Listeners must perform their ritual. That is where the Sowers must strike. 'It would be fitting if it ended where it began, did it not?' he said, though I do not understand that."

You tell Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt, "Understood."

You tell Wyldewald Sarrasri Talnara, Arrow of the Hunt, "I have relayed Grey's words to Arien as well."

Arien's melodic voice sings into your mind, "I...I understand. That was when, we found out that Charune's memories were stolen by Xarriv."

You tell Waldgeist Arien Myeras, Shepherdess of Hart, "Ah, it makes sense."

The storm becomes a less-than-calm gale, but less than what it once was.

"Gather them."
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Everyone was simply awesome throughout this. I was incredibly nervous and feeling kind of shy since this was my first major rp event on any character. Thanks everyone for putting up with me.  <3