Emote Ideas

123457»

Comments

• edited May 2017
    Never mind.
  • ShuyinShuyin The pug life chose me.
    Ah
  • And to give this a little bump...

Now that the sileni and nagasith races have been released via curio set, we will be taking suggestions for appropriate emotes for both races (as we have for gnomes and finks before them). Remember, our emote format looks like this:

crossfingers
    1:  You cross two of your fingers and close your eyes hopeful for luck from the Fates.
    3:  $+(name$) crosses two of $(his$) fingers and closes $(his$) eyes wishing for luck from the Fates.
    1t: Wishing the Fates smile on $(lname$), you cross two of your fingers together for luck.
    2t: $+(name$) crosses two of $(his$) fingers in your direction, wishing you good luck from the Fates with a smile.
    3t: $+(name$) crosses two of $(his$) fingers at $(lname$), wishing $(lhim$) good luck from the Fates with a smile.
    Pose: $+(name$) crosses two of $(his$) fingers here.
    TPose: $+(name$) crosses two of $(his$) fingers at $(lname$).
  • SelenitySelenity My first MC to stay in Serenwilde
    edited June 2017
    Of course I'm a sileni, but have ideas for nagasith emotes. Here, @Hoaracle. #First?

flarehood
    1: You flare your hood open in caution.
    3: $+(name$) flares $(his$) hood open.
    1t: You focus your gaze on $(lname$), your hood flaring open in caution.
    2t: $+(name$) stares you down as $(his$) hood flares open.
    3t: $+(name$) stares $(lname$) down as $(his$) hood flares open.

coil
    1: You wrap your serpentine tail around yourself in a circle.
    2: $+(name$) wraps $(his$) tail around $(him$) in a circle.
    1t: You wrap your tail snugly around $+(name$)'s torso and give $(him$) a light squeeze.
    2t: $+(name$) wraps $(his$) tail around your torso such that it is difficult to breathe, and $(he$) gives you a light squeeze further leaving you winded.
    3t: $+(name$) wraps $(his$) tail around $(lname)'s torso tightly enough for $(lhis$) face to subtly change colour.
    TPose: $+(name$) is using $(his$) tail to squeeze the life out of $(lname$).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sileni

hoofbeat
    1:  Feeling the music in your soul, you stamp a hoofed foot against the ground in an intricate rhythm.
    3:  $+(name$) gives a wistful smile and stamps (his|her) hoof against the ground in a rhythmic beat.
    1t: Smiling wistfully at $(lname), you stamp your hoof to a beat heard only in your mind.
    2t: $+(name$) smiles wistfully at you, stamping their hoof to an intricate beat.
    3t: $+(name$) smiles wistfully at $(lname$), stamping softly at the ground in an intricate rhythm.
    Pose: $+(name$) stamps softly at the ground, making their own music.

recall
    1:  You ponder the past and sigh, thinking of your ancestors.
    3:  $+(name$)'s eyes grow distant as they sigh, but give you no hint as to their thoughts.
    Pose: $+(name$)'s eyes are distant as they recall a matter of great importance.

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2017
    headbutt

something like:

Overcome by a fit of pique, you bash your horns into $(lname), hammering into them with a ferocius headbutt.

or 

$+(name'$)'s head suddenly lowers, and they shake their horns at you menacingly. Maybe you should get out of the way.

Don't know if there's an option for same race emotes but:

Sileni to another Sileni:

Person 1 headbutts person 2, locking horns with them.

I'm a consent-based roleplayer! Kindly ask first, and I will return the favour. Open to developing tinyplots.
    Atlantis is my client of choice! (Guide)
  • Orventa said:
    headbutt

something like:

Overcome by a fit of pique, you bash your horns into $(lname), hammering into them with a ferocius headbutt.

or 

$+(name'$)'s head suddenly lowers, and they shake their horns at you menacingly. Maybe you should get out of the way.

Don't know if there's an option for same race emotes but:

Sileni to another Sileni:

Person 1 headbutts person 2, locking horns with them.
    Please!
    Her storm-coloured eyes a muted blue, Lisaera, the Silver Goddess says, "Only sorrow can come from a rotting thought, My child, just like roots that have been drowned. You are a paragon of the wisdom I would see spread throughout the Serenwilde, but even the strongest minds must find release."
    -
    A shimmering liquid appears in your inventory smelling sweetly of something carbonated. It vanishes in a puff of silver smoke seconds later.
    -
    I write things
  • Not sure if this goes here, but custom poses would be nice.
    So for example I can pose and have my room desc show "Azele is here carving his name into a tree." when you look at the room.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Something like "Wingshade" for Trills? Work in progress:

1st Person Untargeted: Your wings snap out smoothly to shade your surroundings.
    3rd Person Untargeted: PLAYER's wings snap out smoothly to shade HIS/HER surroundings.
    Pose: PLAYER is here, HIS/HER wings unfurled to shade HIS/HER surroundings.

1st Person Target: Your wings snap out smoothly to shade TARGET, casting a shadow over TARGET_HIM.
    2nd Person Targeted: You feel a cool shadow pass over you as PLAYER's wings snap out smoothly overhead.
    3rd Person Targeted: PLAYER's wings snap out smoothly over TARGET, casting a shadow over TARGET_HIM.
    Pose: PLAYER is here, HIS/HER wings unfurled to shade TARGET in shadow.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • edited April 2019
    (As a newbie, I used to think hover worked like levitate instead of simply being an emote, and was confused when I drowned oops)

Flit should be a faeling-only emote. Why do igashos and things need to "flit" for, anyway?

Edit: for an emote idea for a faeling, I think "droop" would be nice, like "You droop your wings sadly" or "PLAYER droops her wings sadly". Kinda like hanghead, but more race specific.
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • @Coraline they have it because they have the racial pin that allows you to use the emotes of that race. It is a faeling only emote otherwise.
  • Flit isn't a race specific emote (not according to EMLIST SPECIAL anyway)
    You are startled as a lemon meringue pie bounces harmlessly off you after being thrown at you by Mysrai.
  • Coraline said:
    Flit isn't a race specific emote (not according to EMLIST SPECIAL anyway)
    Ani - human >
    You flit about happily. (for proof!) I have wings now! Magic, magic wings! :tongue:

• Flitting doesn't require wings, it means only to move around in a bird like way, quickly and lightly.
  • Gender neutral maggot emotes!
    ///////////////////////
    ^oozenom (.*)$

send("emote stares at ^"..matches[2].." with their beady eyes before oozing closer, covering it with their disgusting body. A few schlorping sounds come from Tsakali before they belch and ooze away, ^"..matches[2]..", half eaten and left on the ground, covered in a thick layer of mucus.")
    //////////////////////

^oozesnooze$

send("em oozes around in a circle, laying their head upon their rear as if using themself for a pillow.")

////////////////////////

^oozepride$

send("em raises themself to their full, pitiful height with a sickening schlorp.")