Looking for Celest Stories

Hi!

I'm looking for ideas and storylines for Celest.

Ideas can be minor - ( A krokani kinsman loses their sandal and gets confused for the Messiah, but really he's just a naughty boy)  or large - (Waterlords discover a new truth after a great mage's mind becomes assimilated.)

Please send me ideas in any format you prefer. Forum message, email (weiwae@lusternia.com) In-game message, letter. Doesn't matter.

The more entries the better.  The goal of these stories is to give Celest players more things to do within the city.

The more pre-existing elements in the story, the less work we'll need to do and the more likely we are to make the story become "reality".

Comments

• A youthful merian woman strolls along the Inner Sea beach early in the morning when the water is calm like a sheet of glass. She casually peers into the water with expectations of admiring her own visage, but is instead greeted by a smirking viscanti!

The viscanti jumps out of the water, slits her throat, throw some spices on her corpse and devours it with a bemused chortle, "Silly merian."

The end. 
  • Ixion said:

The viscanti jumps out of the water, slits her throat, throw some spices on her corpse and devours it with a bemused chortle, "Silly merian."

Now I know never to eat food prepared in Magnagora... they don't even cook.  :s
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Keep your ideas coming!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Kethaera said:
    Ixion said:

READNEWS PUBLIC 1772.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Shaddus said:
    Kethaera said:
    Ixion said:

READNEWS PUBLIC 1772.
    It's a good post. Ok, it's just @Ixion who doesn't cook.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unless you count sashimi.

A Celestian whodunnit! The head librarian finds a veiled reference to something lost in Celestian history. He sends you on a hunt for historical records to find out who hid what and where. Multiple possible artifacts hidden in various niches, like a citywide National Treasure/Stewartsville crossover quest. Cluedo, except that all of the principals are long-dead, and you have to find scrolls, hymns, and oblique references to the artifact and its hiding place. Presenting the correct clues in the correct order prompts the librarian to lead an expedition to the hiding place (which isn't accessible until he does), and putting the artifact du jour in its proper place gives a small history lesson and a cosmetic effect or short-lived toy.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Posse.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    This is more of a brainstorming suggestion than anything else, but I think the question is less "what can I do in Celest" and more "what has worked elsewhere in Lusternia, and why?" Because the second question helps answer the first one.

To build on that, consider the quests, events, and city/commune additions you personally enjoyed in Lusternia. It doesn't matter which org. Now figure out why you liked them and why they spoke to you. Was it the player/NPC engagement? Was it the style of quest involved? The type of lore? What made it stand out, and how was it structured admin-wise?

Once you figure that out, the trick is how to "reskin" those same concepts to Celest: "What characters in Celest could I work with? What conflict in Celest is engaging? How could I resolve that in a satisfying and meaningful way?"

As an admin, I imagine you have access to more resources than players do when it comes to investigating Celest, its history, and its characters. If I were in your shoes, I'd dig deep and see which stories hadn't yet been told for the org. This could be as small as seeing if there were some existing NPCs that haven't gotten much attention whose stories you could tell, or poking around the Celest-themed areas in the game and finding loose ends to play with.

Plus, I think if you start small - say, playing a denizen in the city and gauging player engagement - you can get a better feel for what Celest's population enjoys. And who knows, it might give you extra ideas to bounce off of!

Outside looking in, I think what you said earlier is true: building on what you have is easier than creating something brand new. I know this isn't exactly the type of answer you were asking for, but I hope this suggestion helps you as you come up with future ideas!
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Down in Celest's sewers is a gang tag proclaiming that a particular tunnel is owned by the Brain Boyz. (This is actually true already, btw, there's actual gang tags down there.) Are they orcs? Psionic orcs, maybe? Orcs converted to the worship of Japhiel by a particularly studious missionary? Orcs who can't spell "Drain" properly? Can we maybe convince them to stop living in the sewer, before they break something? What's with the little hidden stash in a hole in one of the pipes? (This also exists down there already.) Are they hiding something?
  • Sylandra said:
    This is more of a brainstorming suggestion than anything else, but I think the question is less "what can I do in Celest" and more "what has worked elsewhere in Lusternia, and why?" Because the second question helps answer the first one.

To build on that, consider the quests, events, and city/commune additions you personally enjoyed in Lusternia. It doesn't matter which org. Now figure out why you liked them and why they spoke to you. Was it the player/NPC engagement? Was it the style of quest involved? The type of lore? What made it stand out, and how was it structured admin-wise?

Once you figure that out, the trick is how to "reskin" those same concepts to Celest: "What characters in Celest could I work with? What conflict in Celest is engaging? How could I resolve that in a satisfying and meaningful way?"

As an admin, I imagine you have access to more resources than players do when it comes to investigating Celest, its history, and its characters. If I were in your shoes, I'd dig deep and see which stories hadn't yet been told for the org. This could be as small as seeing if there were some existing NPCs that haven't gotten much attention whose stories you could tell, or poking around the Celest-themed areas in the game and finding loose ends to play with.

Plus, I think if you start small - say, playing a denizen in the city and gauging player engagement - you can get a better feel for what Celest's population enjoys. And who knows, it might give you extra ideas to bounce off of!

Outside looking in, I think what you said earlier is true: building on what you have is easier than creating something brand new. I know this isn't exactly the type of answer you were asking for, but I hope this suggestion helps you as you come up with future ideas!
    Very good advice, which is why I started this thread. 
    As a player, my favorite things was seeing admin work off of player ideas.
    Unfortunately, most of celest is awake when I am asleep so this is my best option for hearing what celest players, new and old want to explore.