Artifact Ideas

Comments

• TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Enya said:
    Does it do anything practical for non-wonder havers?
    It also works on beasts, so you can never worry about losing your super-cool appearances by testing your chemset and seeing what possibilities there are.
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Enya said:
    As stated, it is also great for if you want to use zimoru on beasts.  This will let you play around / gamble, but you can always restore to something you liked best if nothing else comes along.

It also lets me generate sketches with one command instead of having to generate blank sketches first, and then drawing something.  I can just take an instant snapshot.

Makes documenting cool npcs/mobs much easier. :)
  • I might get it for the sketch feature, tho usually I just make a painting from something, which is instant too?
  • Enya said:
    You can record a beasts look.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Does the shovel assembly stack with the coal tool buff to digging?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Jolanthe said:
    Does the shovel assembly stack with the coal tool buff to digging?
    Yes.
  • Tylwyth said:
    Enya said:
    My beast hasn't changed look in 5 RL years or longer >_>

• Enya said:
    Tylwyth said:
    Enya said:
    My beast hasn't changed look in 5 RL years or longer >_>
    Sounds like its time to update them! Wanna borrow my zym?
  • Uh, no, I have zymoru.
  • BUMP!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    An artifact that tells you whether you have yet to explore any rooms in a given area. Heck, make it an upgrade to the hidden exit spectacles.
  • Luce said:
    An artifact that tells you whether you have yet to explore any rooms in a given area. Heck, make it an upgrade to the hidden exit spectacles.
    I've suggested one like this before, yeah. Something like 'you have explored xxx out of xxx rooms in this area' would be SO cool, easy buy even though I'm not an obsessive explorer.

Shouldn't work when you loan it out IMO.
  • edited June 2018
    Kali said:
    Ayisdra said:
    An upgrade to the Acquisitio artifact (yoyo+skins) to add an AvariceHorn effect for autopicking up gold.
    I'd love a version which didn't have the passive acquisitio effect where you periodically grab something, and was just a corpse-scooper.
    The Gnomatic Arm of Adjacent Corpse Acquisitio:
    Buy for 100 credits?
    I'm not great with pricing.
    Syntax:
    ATTACH ARM[to activate] and DETACH ARM[ to deactivate]
    The Arm works as acquisitio but only for corpses. If it doesn't grab the corpse as you kill it for some reasonz{someone drops a palm Sigil etc}, then it will grab the corpse once it's removed at the same speed as acquisitio/etc.
    Thought "attached" an active arm just appears in your inventory, though its' visible as it grabs a corpse and puts it in your inventory, like the Yoyo type things. I am assuming that will be easier to code that having it actually work as an item of clothing....

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Ejderha said:
    Luce said:
    I've suggested one like this before, yeah. Something like 'you have explored xxx out of xxx rooms in this area' would be SO cool, easy buy even though I'm not an obsessive explorer.

Shouldn't work when you loan it out IMO.
    Even better, it works, but it still only shows the owner's explorer stats. Silently. (ie: Xenthos hands the specs off to Riluna, Riluna wears them and goes off to an area Xenthos has explored fully, it responds that all rooms are explored even if she's never set foot there before.)
    edited June 2018
    Idea shamelessly stolen from @Nicholo because I'd like this even if people have to pay for it:

A way for demis to offer up their own essence to the divine. Maybe you get essence for it? And I guess if this arti gets made then you should be able to do it at shrines too. Now, obviously the design can vary, but enjoy please what nonsense I've cooked up below:

shortdesc: A martini maker of the Gods

longdesc: Shining enticingly, what appears to be a martini maker is suspended here in midair.

examined: Its strange metal shining with a light all its own, this silver-coloured instrument is shaped like a large glass with a rounded top that is capped by a miniature, detachableshot glass. Eldritch runes are inscribed along the rim of the shaker and its cap, while the body of the shaker is covered in depictions of the Son of Yudhe and His Sisters, Magnora and Dynara on either side. When opened and examined, it appears a mercurial liquid fills the shaker while several layers of hole-filled steel act as a strainer in the cap.

syntax -
    TOUCH MAKER: imbues it with the powers and appearance of your god
    OFFER <amount> ESSENCE (<with maker>): offers the chosen amount of essence to your god (with a transfer loss of [input here if necessary]. If you do not specify to use your martini maker, it will default to the first shrine in the room.)

>offer 50000000 essence with maker

Taking a white-copper engraved silver martini maker in both hands, you open it and focus on the mercurial liquid shimmering just within. As you focus, you begin to feel drained, and nearly drop the maker several times. Just when it seems it is all too much, however, golden light flows from your orifices to quickly fly into the maker, and you instinctively slam the cap on. After several minutes of vigorous shaking, you flip off the shot glass and pour a shot of brilliant golden liquid into it. A moment later, the liquid vanishes, and a sense of accomplishment rises within you a musk-laden scent brimming with your Lady's approval reaches your nose.

IDK maybe the gods can change that last struckout line to be more fitting for them? It would be nice :3c

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    edited June 2018
    Tremula said:
    -snip-
    I can't realistically see this happening. You can already offer esteem and corpses - if you become able to offer essence as well, an individual effectively gets the option to triple-dip from some mobs (offering the esteem from influencing it, then killing it and offering the corpse, then offering the essence they got from both the influence win and the kill)
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
    Kagato said:
    Tremula said:
    -snip-
    I can't realistically see this happening. You can already offer esteem and corpses - if you become able to offer essence as well, an individual effectively gets the option to triple-dip from some mobs (offering the esteem from influencing it, then killing it and offering the corpse, then offering the essence they got from both the influence win and the kill)
    So, you're saying. That tripling the amount of essence available to the divine from player offerings...is a bad thing? As it would be available to everyone from it being included with shrine? Counteracts affinity?

• Tremula said:
    Kagato said:
    Tremula said:
    -snip-
    So, you're saying. That tripling the amount of essence available to the divine from player offerings...is a bad thing? As it would be available to everyone from it being included with shrine? Counteracts affinity?
    Personally I think if this was introduced (demigods > being able to offer essence to Divine) it would be more of an incentive for players to get to demigod and also give them something to do once they've bought all demigod powers / unable to buy any more powers in total.

Non-demigods (level 1 to 99) would still only be able to offer esteem (figurine) and corpses; whereas demigods will have the extra bonus of being able to offer their personal essence to the Divine of their choice.

I don't think this is bad in any way, rather, this would be a good implementation and give a small purpose and drive to current demigods (and demigod+).

I do think that there should be a limit of /how much essence/ you can offer in a weave or per year, as I know it has been requested that players send a message/prayer to their Divine that they're going to drop a massive amount of esteem, something about negative effects?
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Anita said:

I do think that there should be a limit of /how much essence/ you can offer in a weave or per year, as I know it has been requested that players send a message/prayer to their Divine that they're going to drop a massive amount of esteem, something about negative effects?
    There's a hard cap on god essence and they'd like to spend some before you overflow! That's what I've heard, at least.

• IIRC it was in the context of a really mindbogglingly huge offering too: something like a few billion essence at once
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    It was confirmed quite some time back that the upper cap that a Divine can have was rounded down to an even 2 billion, due to the maximum value for a 32-bit unsigned integer being 2,147,483,647, this allows them to avoid an integer overflow error.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I know this idea has been discussed at length (see this post) so maybe reserve comments for that thread and not here, but maybe as a way to dip everyone's toes/hooves/talons into the water:

A Gem of Obfuscation (200cr)
    A downgrade of the Gem of Cloaking; shows you on WHO, but hides your location when using thirdeye.

It'd be nice to offer free downgrades for those with a Gem of Cloaking that want to give this a go.
  • What about something like the cuttlefish (761) but allows non bookbinders to learn one language?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    A cheaply purchased artifact that keeps you from being shown as logging in/out to those with newbiewatch/mentor watch.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Upgrading Manse Privacy Gems to block mutual allied logins/logouts, as well as newbiewatch/mentorwatch.
  • Sibirn said:
    Upgrading Manse Privacy Gems to block mutual allied logins/logouts, as well as newbiewatch/mentorwatch.
    Yes - please and thank you.
  • @Allixea you could just learn a little bookbinding and then forget it temporarily. You still know the languages.  For the mutual ally thing, you could just unally those people when you QQ and then all them again after you log in...
  • Kagato said:
    It was confirmed quite some time back that the upper cap that a Divine can have was rounded down to an even 2 billion, due to the maximum value for a 32-bit unsigned integer being 2,147,483,647, this allows them to avoid an integer overflow error.
    elder god has 32-bit limit before it overflow, star god - 64-bit? @Estarra 128-bit?