QUOTES 8: THE QUOTING

Comments

• RancouraRancoura the Last Nightwreathed Queen Canada
    Luce said:
    Kethaera said:
    Luce said:
    It...might help that at least one visiting Glom may or may not have kidnapped (foalnapped?) him at one point for vile torturous rituals man was not meant to what of. If that's the same foal, anyway.
    What?! I need to see the log. Although I assume his reaction is due to my enemy status to Serenwilde, not from being a member of Glom...?
    Aaaaancient history, circa 2008ish. The forums don't go back far enough, but I might be able to dig up a log. I want to think @Rancoura may've been the elder Shadowdancer involved, but Lesk was the participant doing the foalnapping and actual rite.
    If I was involved with that ritual, my memory is horrid enough for me to not remember and unfortunately I lost all of my logs pre-mid-2009 when an old computer went kaput. There might be something in the Events or Glomdoring news about it (or even Shadowdancer news if I manage to get the archive), but either way, I'd be interested in seeing a log as well!

Tonight amidst the mountaintops
    And endless starless night
    Singing how the wind was lost
    Before an earthly flight

• MoiMoi
    edited May 2018
    I checked all Events, Public, Glomdoring and Shadowdancers posts from Jan 2008 to June 2009 and found no mention of Laka or any other centaur. If it happened, nobody wrote a news post about it. (you should write news posts about things, future historians will thank you.)
  • Moi said:
    I checked all Events, Public, Glomdoring and Shadowdancers posts from Jan 2008 to June 209 and found no mention of Laka or any other centaur. If it happened, nobody wrote a news post about it. (you should write news posts about things, future historians will thank you.)
    Best librarian ever.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    I do have a vague recollection of Laka being captured and put under some curse or subjected to a nasty ritual, but couldn't tell you what it was about. I only remember it because Ev was piiiiiiiiiiiiissed.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • (The Serenade): Xiluym (from the Realm of the Lord of the Hunt) says, "Explosive diarrhea and Lusternia don't combine well."

(The Serenade): Sibirn says, "... *resists urge to go to quotes thread*."

beat you to it, @Sibirn
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    You say, "Zef. I have bad news for you."

Seditious Predicant Zef says to you, "Yes?"

You say, "It's about your mother. She's.....Hallifaxian."

Seditious Predicant Zef smiles and says to you, "You know more about her than I do then."

You look skeptical and say, "I married her, I damn well better know about her."

Lady Nightingale Vatul Feyranti, of the Danse Macabre says, "I was present at the wedding, Predicant
    . She is quite a striking woman."

Seditious Predicant Zef says, "I see. That is certainly interesting."

You say to Zef, "So if anyone else says they're your parents, they're lying to you and you must slay
    them."

Seditious Predicant Zef says to you, "I will keep that in mind."
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • A silver-feathered pigeon descends from above, silvery plumage gleaming.

A silver-feathered pigeon stares implacably at you.

A silver-feathered pigeon exclaims to you, "Boo!"

A silver-feathered pigeon takes flight, heading out of the area in the most efficient fashion.

Who was it?  Who, who? I feel like an owl!

• It's 3a. Doing research. Read this. This is hilarious and almost made me want to go Nunchaku.

Tannaku:
    		Snapping his foot in a double-reverse kick, Nicholo lands a hit to your left leg, leaving it hanging awkwardly.
    		The functionality of your left leg is hindered by physical injury.
    		You are afflicted with damagedleftleg.

With a fierce "Aiyeeeeeeee!" Nicholo flies at you, rapidly striking blow after blow upon your left leg, which leaves it mangled beyond use.
    		Your left leg has been beaten into uselessness.
    		You are afflicted with mutilatedleftleg.

Initiate to the Tah'vrai, Goodtimepete (Male Mugwump).
    He is 21 years old, having been born on the 1st of Vestian, 482 years after the Coming of Estarra.
    He is unranked in Lusternia.
    He is an extremely credible character.
    He is currently enrolled as a Student in the Shadowmaze.
    He is a Vagrant in the Fellowship of Explorers.
    He is a graduate of the Shadowmaze.
    He is surrounded by the Grace of Innocence.
    He is considered to be approximately 0% of your might.
    He is not currently active in any family.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Best part is, that was two years pre-emptive return of power.
  • Luce said:
    Anomalies are not bound by the petty constraints of time.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
    It took Ianir a minute and a half to kill a sphere? Nerf.

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Ianir said:
    Luce said:
    that is easy to say in Hallifax. Do they even -have- any time constraints?
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Aeldra said:
    Ianir said:
    Luce said:
    that is easy to say in Hallifax. Do they even -have- any time constraints?
    Please specify which timeline you are currently operating in, so that we can find the right Maligorn to answer your question.

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    (The Crux): Rasvin (from the Tainted Plane of Nil) says, "Ouch. They keep hitting me. Someone help!"
    15003h, 10268m, 9895e, 10p mBelrxd<>- /14:45:38.010/
    Rasvin has been crushed to death by Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage.
    You see the death occur at the Desert of Supreme Loathing.
    15003h, 10268m, 9895e, 10p mBelrxd<>- /14:45:39.230/

• Xenthos said:
    (The Crux): Rasvin (from the Tainted Plane of Nil) says, "Ouch. They keep hitting me. Someone help!"
    Rasvin has been crushed to death by Nightmare of the Glomdoring, Avurekhos Feyranti, Crimson Fist of Luciphage.

?
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    Xenthos said:

?
    I'm guessing something to do with the timestamps?
    Also the fact that he's on Nil going "Ow, they're hitting me!"  But yes, the timestamps were the biggest part.
  • @Sibirn tells you, "HELLO! DO YOU HAVE FREE MOMENT?"

You tell Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw, "Must you shout in my ear?"

You tell Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw, "What can I do for you?"

Sibirn tells you, "AM SORRY! DO NOT INTEND TO STARTLE. PLEASE TELL WHEN HAVE FREE MOMENT!"

You tell Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw, "Stop shouting in my ear. Or did you get kicked in the groin?"

Sibirn tells you, "Can hear whisper?"

You tell Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw, "I can hear you still yes."

Sibirn tells you, "Good! Pointy eared friend told said to speak to you for men history of teaching. Wanted to touch out and find if still interested."

You tell Offering of the Spirits, Sibirn, Winter's Claw, "What?"

Sibirn tells you, "Still wish to teach younglings?"

I adore Sibirn's mock innocence....He is secretly using shouting as a means to vent I think haha
  • (Market): Saz says, "Seeking a healer."

As the sun passes below the horizon's edge, Mother Night unveils her terrible, shadowy beauty,
    spreading darkness across the land.

Saz has been slain by misadventure.
    You see the death occur at ruins of a royal throne room.  (5180)
    From your knowledge, that room is in Astrosphere of Gemini.
  • misadventure?
    I though that was when your aethership exploded?

It is when you die to something that does not have a built-in deathsight message (the final catch-all).  Mostly bleeding these days.  Drowning used to do it too, but I think drowning has its own deathsight now.
  • 14) 2018/06/14 03:56:17 - Yalasa: Does anyone know where the Ebomglom Crown that Brennan keeps asking for is?
    15) 2018/06/14 03:56:31 - Tylwyth: Yes.
    16) 2018/06/14 03:57:30 - Yalasa: I thought it was at the top of the black tower, but apparently not.
    17) 2018/06/14 03:57:38 - Tylwyth: Nope.

Your account has been credited with Small Pack of Presents.

You quickly unwrap a present of 5 presents, which sprays glittering silver dust and cheerful
    confetti into the air, and excitedly pull 5 presents from within.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 49632 Gold.
    You've unwrapped A STANDARD PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 35655 Gold.

cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 38852 Gold.

cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 68 Aethergoop.

cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving a plush doll of Roxie Wingnut.

You stare implacably about yourself.