TIL - Lusternia's little lifehacks

AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
Hey,

so I didn't really remember / figure out a place to share the little lifehacks for those of us playing lusternia. Over the course of the years little things you figure out you never knew worked and somebody else might not know as well, so I thought sharing them here and invite anybody else to contribute for those 'I never knew' moments you have when working with lusternia and its interface.
Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.

Comments

• probe 1.ball

probe 2.ball

probe 1.kephera here

• PhoebusPhoebus tu fui, ego eris. Circumstances
    Seems super obvious if you already know the commands, but RN for reading the news you haven't seen yet, and RM for reading messages starting from the last number you've checked, plus RMU for only unreads, in case you've read one out of order.

You can SURVEY in a room with a planar rift to see where it leads without having to go through (unsure if this is linked to a specific Planar skill or not, I want to say it is but ?? heck if I can remember.)
  • This has the potential to be the best thread ever. I didn't realize about ii, probe, and ih. Look forward to seeing more of these. 
  • Phoebus said:
    You can SURVEY in a room with a planar rift to see where it leads without having to go through (unsure if this is linked to a specific Planar skill or not, I want to say it is but ?? heck if I can remember.)
    This does require Trans Planar.

Other tips:

RECHARGE ALL FROM CUBE is an ig command that will fully charge your items (in order as per ML if your cube doesn't have enough charges), if you don't use the regulator item.
    You can GLANCE THROUGH PORTAL to look on the other side of any special exit that you can ENTER (maybe with a few exceptions here and there.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Inr everything.
  • TremulaTremula Banished Quasiroyal
    Czixi said:
    Phoebus said:
    Seems super obvious if you already know the commands, but RN for reading the news you haven't seen yet, and RM for reading messages starting from the last number you've checked, plus RMU for only unreads, in case you've read one out of order.
    You can also RNA/RMA to read the last post/message you read - if, like me, you frequently open something else that requires a MORE command before you've actually MOREd the newspost you were trying to read.
    Holy <redacted>, you just saved me so much frustration
                          * * * WRACK AND ROLL AND DEATH AND PAIN * * *
                                         * * * LET'S FEEL THE FEAR OF DEATH AGAIN * * *
              * * * WE'LL KILL AND SLAUGHTER, EAT THE SLAIN * * *
      * * * IN RAVAGING WE'LL ENTERTAIN * * *

Ixion tells you, "// I don't think anyone else had a clue, amazing form."
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    config pagelength 200 if you hate using MORE.

• Irillia said:
    EMSHOW <emote> to preview an emote when you're not exactly sure what a particular emote looks like or which emote fits a specific situation and you're trying to avoid figuratively (or literally) putting your foot in your mouth, emotes-wise.

Also, EMLIST <word> to search for all emotes containing that word, like EMLIST SMILE, which will get you all the smile emotes. Very helpful for narrowing down the long and varied list of Lusternia's preset emotes.
    From this, EMLIST SPECIAL will show you are all org-locked (city, race, guild, etc) emotions you have access too
  • KaimanahiKaimanahi The One True Queen
    The command KILL is your bashing attack by class (point staff, swing, or whatever). Handy if you multiclass and want a universal bashing alias, or to just have a short syntax especially for the phone warriors.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Kaimanahi said:
    The command KILL is your bashing attack by class (point staff, swing, or whatever). Handy if you multiclass and want a universal bashing alias, or to just have a short syntax especially for the phone warriors.
    kill without arguments also lists all attackable entities in your current room.
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    I just do “K <target>“ for that reason when bashing.

Adding to @Moi’s earlier point: you don’t always have to list highly specific commodities when more general ones apply for your design. (Example: “bird” can be used instead of “pigeon” and applies to more corpses you can work with.)
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ENTER EXIT.

Enter (or exit!) all of the things without knowing the names of the things.
  • (does not actually work with all exits)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    ENTER PORTAL should work for any special entrance in a room. Usually the first one in the rare occasions of multiple portals.

Citizens of Magnagora can TELL ARDRAK REPORT to find out how much power is in the Megalith. This may have to be done from Prime. Meleris also has one of these, but I forget the actual phrase.

Stratagems are your friend, budding combatant. Don't just alias to evoke pentagram/invoke circle; instead, SETALIAS EP SM ADD FREE EVOKE PENTAGRAM, that way you can use it immediately the next time you recover balance. It's faster than your eye's reaction to seeing yourself recover.

On that note, alias all the things. Alias fancy emotes your character may want to use often.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Shaddus said:
    ENTER PORTAL should work for any special entrance in a room. Usually the first one in the rare occasions of multiple portals.

Citizens of Magnagora can TELL ARDRAK REPORT to find out how much power is in the Megalith. This may have to be done from Prime. Meleris also has one of these, but I forget the actual phrase.

Stratagems are your friend, budding combatant. Don't just alias to evoke pentagram/invoke circle; instead, SETALIAS EP SM ADD FREE EVOKE PENTAGRAM, that way you can use it immediately the next time you recover balance. It's faster than your eye's reaction to seeing yourself recover.

On that note, alias all the things. Alias fancy emotes your character may want to use often.
    It's TELL MELERIS REPORT for Celest.  Same restriction - need to be on Prime.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Unless I'm blind, FUNDS (by itself) isn't listed in CITY PRIVS, but will show you the full list of coffers and stuff. (You obviously need permission to see the account in question)
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    FUNDS is primarily used by the treasury ministry - pretty much essential for keeping track of city and commune budgets
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • That new ability to check player descriptions with their information on the game site? You can check Divine descriptions too. Even Auseklis is there!
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • 2) is definitely amazing and something I had kind of been hoping would be implemented sooner - without knowing how to do it, it would seem.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Sylandra said:
    To my knowledge, this isn't documented properly anywhere, so here you go:

It actually is documented: HELP DESIGNSEARCH, but I don't think anyone ever stumbled upon that file ( I got told that it exists as well). Those are really awesome features!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Speaking of obscure files, I remember having to dig for some of the information in HELP FORCLANLEADERS and having to be told it existed, back in the day. 
  • Finally quit that dead clan? Or did you get kicked out because your alliance shifted?
    Are your clans now out of sync with call-outs and you're sending messages to all the wrong clans?

Then CLAN # SWAP # is for you!

[Example: CLAN 3 SWAP 15 ]
  • Xeii said:
    That new ability to check player descriptions with their information on the game site? You can check Divine descriptions too. Even Auseklis is there!
    Wait, the what now?