Advice needed

Hey!
So I've been taking a long hiatus from playing the game, due to having a lot of stuff on my plate IRL, but I miss it.  After logging in for the first time in ages a few days ago, I realized my character was more or less naked (no weapons/armour...) and I just had my gold (thankfully!). Given that I'm not that strong, I'm wondering if I should try to create another character, or if I should just play on with this one. I'm at level 51 , but I have a lot of trouble killing stuff in game without the newbie claymore.

Comments

• If you do WELCOMEBACK, you'll get a pile of stuff to get you back into the game. The current monthly promo (find balls of lightning floating around the Basin, give it to a gnome at the peak) can get you lots of gold while not requiring hunting. You could they parley that into weapons and armour.
  • Last I recall, the newbie claymore was rather stupidly strong, so you might run into that same issue with a new character if you let that claymore decay too soon.
  • Moi said:
    If you do WELCOMEBACK, you'll get a pile of stuff to get you back into the game. The current monthly promo (find balls of lightning floating around the Basin, give it to a gnome at the peak) can get you lots of gold while not requiring hunting. You could they parley that into weapons and armour.
    Thanks for the advice! As for now, I sit on a decent amount of gold, so that should keep me afloat for a bit, but it's good to know that I can avoid hunting (at least for a bit)
    Jolanthe said:
    Last I recall, the newbie claymore was rather stupidly strong, so you might run into that same issue with a new character if you let that claymore decay too soon.
    It's quite weird to be honest , because there's nothing that I can do that does as much damage as it. It took me around three hits to kill a slime and now I have to hit them with Nightgraze countless times before they die

• edited June 2018
    The bouncy balls are rubber not lightning.

Also Orgmates might be willing to cloth you, or help you get some basic armor/weapons. just so you aren't running around naked.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Tylwyth said:
    The bouncy balls are rubber not lightning.
    Very very frightening!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.