Simple questions?

Comments

• edited May 2018
    How does a Shaman use Environment's Forecast?
    Shaman's first skill is called Forecast, and doesn't require the "Manipulate" like all the other shaman's skills....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Isn't it pretty much the same skill, but shamans get it without needing to invest in environment? Not like it's a lot of investment to reach that high.
    I think syntax is just FORECAST, in either case.
  • If you have both versions of Forecast, it gives you extra info.
  • edited May 2018
    Is the syntax not in the AB? Am confused by the question: there isn't a reason to want env forecast over shamans
  • edited May 2018
    No, what was happening was that when I tried to use it, I kept getting "you feel protected from the weather" which made me think it was just raising a defense.
    Turns out I was just sitting at the nexus, which is protected from the weather so forecast won't work there.
    Thanks everyone who tried to help...

• Okay, I give in:

Sometimes I can teleport from Avechna's peak, sometimes I can't.
    Sometimes I can teleport from the Portal of Fate, sometimes I can't.

HALP.
  • Versalean said:
    Okay, I give in:

HALP.
    Like... more information is needed. What is the response when you try to teleport? 

Is there "The magics of this room prevent you from doing this thing" type of message, or "There is a monolith prevents you from doing the thing" sort of message... or nothing?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Destination would be useful too.  This bug report is very incomplete.
  • Anita said:
    Versalean said:
    Okay, I give in:

HALP.
    Like... more information is needed. What is the response when you try to teleport? 

Is there "The magics of this room prevent you from doing this thing" type of message, or "There is a monolith prevents you from doing the thing" sort of message... or nothing?
    Apologies. "The magics of this room".

Xenthos said:
    Destination would be useful too.  This bug report is very incomplete.
    Apologies - I didn't realise it was a bug report; I thought I was just being dumb and missing something. Destination would be either the Master Ravenwood (nexus), the plex, or the Havens. I'm not sure if there's a pattern regarding destination.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Is it possible that you are trying ASCEND TO THE HAVENS at any point?
  • Before the Portal of Fate.
    Seething with arcane energy, the Portal of Fate floats before you. There are 2 armoured owls here. A
    grotesque ghast squats here, dragging its taloned hands on the ground. A black direwolf is here,
    blending in with the shadows. Covered in bone armour, a green eyelash viper is slithering about here.
    The shrouded form of a wight floats ominously in the air here. Covered in bone armour, a striped
    badger is here, licking its paws. A striped badger is here, licking its paws. There are 2 armoured
    bats here.
    You see a single exit leading out.

ascend to the havens
    The magics of this location prevent you from ascending.

teleport nexus
    Light surrounds you as you listen to the swelling murmur of the Domothean energies. A single strand
    sings out the name of the Megalith of Doom.
    [works]

--

Before Avechna the Avenger.
    Bright yellow flowers on an arnica bush add some colour here. The shrouded form of a wight floats
    ominously in the air here. Avechna the Avenger towers before you, radiating a powerful aura.
    You see exits leading east and down.

ascend to the havens
    The magics of this location prevent you from ascending.

teleport nexus
    Light surrounds you as you listen to the swelling murmur of the Domothean energies. A single strand
    sings out the name of the Megalith of Doom.

• I need to do the Facility quest, however, the figurine army is there (I did summon it there if that matters).  None of the gnomes there seem to react to any sort of asking about help or the figurines. They just complain that the figurines are there when greeted. I am not sure how to get rid of the army so I can do the Facility quest. I tried killing all of the figurines on the facility, but they just respawned. Am I just missing something?
  • I'm pretty sure that's a byproduct of the Bottledowns quest and removing them would involve questing there.
  • How does one start the Grey Sentinels quest in the Grey Moors properly? (I can get the cougar to do the thing at the place, but the step after that is very opaque.)
  • I can't really tell what sort of fashion period Hallifax/Magnagora/Celest's npcs are sticking to. Anyone have ideas on this? Want to produce accurate scribbles.

Also paging @Divine!
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hallifaxian is a mix of couture, academia, and jumpsuits, far as I've noticed. Plus guards in full plate. 
  • Ah, I meant more like regency/colonial/victorian/etc.  Was wondering if there was a specific era one could recognize.
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • There is a passion among some in Hallifax for Suits(tails and top hats or 3-piece?). DOn't know if that helps...

• Honestly, there is not much consistency, from what I have seen. It goes the whole spectrum from full on victorian, to very modern and purpose specific to showing enough skin to not fit into anything more than 50 years back.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    Showing skin you say?

A tall, muscular trill, Lohluah bears the demeanor of a masculine father figure. Thick arms that
    were once taut, well-defined muscle, a firm barrel-chested body and powerful, though aged, legs are coupled with regal, rich brown plumage. Many of the plumes atop his head have faded to a silvery grey, perhaps the only suggestion as to his true age once coupled with the genteel laugh-lines about his eyes and mouth. Choosing to go mostly bare of clothing, Lohluah has garbed himself in rich ebony canvas pants, bound at the waist by an onyx buckle, marking him as Senior Researcher of the Onyx Research Project.

• LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited July 2018
    I see Luce is not the only one to have a crush on an NPC
  • I just picked up a Cord recently. Is there any easy way to tell if you've already skillflexed within a given month, in case you're a derp and prone to forgetting exactly when you did what?
  • I believe it shows up on AB, stating how many lessons you’ve used to skillflex that weave or whatever 

• Sondayga said:
    I believe it shows up on AB, stating how many lessons you’ve used to skillflex that weave or whatever 
    Just tried to confirm, you're right! Thanks.
  • Does anyone have a table of how many standard CR6 favours it takes to rise through communec/city ranks? I don't know beyond CR1 needing two to CR2.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• I think it depends. I've heard that a CL giving favour is worth more "points" so I don't think there's a set number (but that could have been bad information also).
  • Is it normal to lose your weapon while killing a Lirangsha krokani? 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Rolsand said:
    Is it normal to lose your weapon while killing a Lirangsha krokani? 
    Was your weapon a runed one?  It could have decayed due to the 1st of the month passing.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • If you didn't have grip or something on you could have dropped it.
  • Anyone know where I might find a log of the old Paladin Knighthood ceremony? Nothing in the library system and couldn't find anything on the forums - there were definitely a few logs kicking about at one point on here.