Real World Raves

Comments

• Vatul said:
    Raves for finally graduating college. Middle fingers up to that place.
    Best days of your life apparently!
  • edited June 2018
    http://imgur.com/a/wRMYPDu

Feeling like Volucer soaring high above the mountains today!  <3
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Starting a new job on July 22nd :D  Been offered a job to be trained up ASAP to store manager position (I know most of the important stuff, but need to learn proprietary software, etc)

Biggest pro is that it is SO much closer to home - in my current job, I'm easily burning through $150 or so of petrol a week - in my new role, I might spend $40 a week tops.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • I think my busy period at work is done. The annual publication is nearly complete, two of the vacancies I've had since April are filled and the last just needs to pass security checks, and I've got a plan to make sure everything runs more smoothly next year.

And I'm owed a lot of time in lieu.

Freedom!
  • My books for next semester are actually interesting.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    It was good to have my parents and their lunatic dogs up with us for five days, even if we feel a little like this now that they've left.

Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • I recently purchased Finale :>

• edited December 2018
    I got to see an open heart surgery today yeeeeee it was so awesome. The nurses and techs and anesthesiologist and even the surgeon were super supportive of me being there and kept dragging me to different parts of the surgical suite to explain different things and give me better views and make sure I had a great experience. I want to be a surgical nurse now.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • edited December 2018
    Stratas said:
    I got to see an open heart surgery today yeeeeee it was so awesome. The nurses and techs and anesthesiologist and even the surgeon were super supportive of me being there and kept dragging me to different parts of the surgical suite to explain different things and give me better views and make sure I had a great experience. I want to be a surgical nurse now.
    I'm so unreasonably beyond jealous! Kept hoping I'd have a jaunt down to surgery during my clinicals this semester but no dice.
  • Hegemone said:
    Stratas said:
    I'm so unreasonably beyond jealous! Kept hoping I'd have a jaunt down to surgery during my clinicals this semester but no dice.
    Not gonna lie, being in the theatres during surgeries was probably the most enjoyable experience I had when I was on the general nursing clinical placements. In Midwifery we don't see a *lot* of surgery, unless part of the theatre team for caesarean sections, and you have to be sorta senior for that :( 
  • Lost my phone and just got a call to say it had been found.

People are lovely

Worst day and a half of my life!
  • Torgadon said:
    I got my Class B CDL license. 
    Congrats, that's awesome!
  • Managed to scrape a pass on my first semester as an electrotech student. Also, hi guys. Long time no talk. 
    Flames erupt from the caldera below as a distorted voice echoes, "Their spirit must be broken if they wish to be reborn as true warriors."
  • Quietly waking up, then preparing pancakes and compote while lazily brewing tea in my payjamas >>>>> rushing out for a brunch

Got to savour those days off.

• In the middle of the week, I used some time off of work to send several days arranging soil and planting things, and getting new sod and seedlings down.

I failed to check the weather report.

So it naturally came as a bit of a surprise when I somehow managed to miss that there was a snowstorm coming. Got a good three inches yesterday.

And now it's all melted, and everything at least appears to have survived and be in order. Talk about a good fright, though.

• Shout out to my law enforcement neighbor that just happened to look away when a drunk asshole spit in my face. He's my favorite for the week.
  • More e-hugs for you! Glad things are turning around, you deserve it.
  • I had foolishly allowed myself to forget how useful lavender can be as an ant repellent. Hopefully I won't be doing that again soon!

In the meantime I just have more excuses to saturate my world with it.