June Promo

Nice thing about low expectations with this month's promo is that you're not that upset when it doesn't pan out.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust
and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 30782 Gold.
You've unwrapped A STANDARD PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.

Comments

• TBH the true reward was the steady gold for balls deal. Shady gnomes best customers.
  • Steingrim said:
    Nice thing about low expectations with this month's promo is that you're not that upset when it doesn't pan out.

You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust
    and cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 30782 Gold.
    You've unwrapped A STANDARD PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.
    I just wish they'd take out the bolded. I mean, I don't care about the free one - free is free - but when you pay for a present, and it gives you a dry finger and you grin appreciatively like a moron, it just feels like a eff yoo.
  • It's also dependent on your present counter FYI. And it's free. Stop beating down things that they're giving for FREE.
  • Anita said:
    It's also dependent on your present counter FYI. And it's free. Stop beating down things that they're giving for FREE.
    It is free in that it didn't cost money. It did take up opportunity and 21 days is not a negligible amount of time. We've gone from promos that give 300dings, to 25 dings/credits, to what $2-$2.50. Arguably for many the value of the promo would be the honors line.
  • This one didn't give me an honours line for the record
  • so not a rant, but I got dingbats, which I actuallly had been trying to get. So yay
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    3 coins, which spin for two curios, 10k gold, and a Wonder Crystal. Oh, and a bunch of vegfeed.

I am content.
  • Luce said:
    3 coins, which spin for two curios, 10k gold, and a Wonder Crystal. Oh, and a bunch of vegfeed.

I am content.
     I hate you, Luce. I hate you.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    My presents counter is silly high, is the only reason I got coins. And I think my last Exceptional was an immediate tradein for, like 100 cr or something.

I will not deny that I have the devil's luck though.
  • But even then, the odds of getting a wondergem from a coin is vanishingly low. You did the double-RNG thing and smashed it :) You are officially my new hero. Sorry, Malarious.
  • You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and 
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 2479 Aethergoop, 50 sips of oil 
    of preservation, and a group of 35 sacks of grain.
    You've unwrapped AN EXCEPTIONAL PRESENT! Type PRESENTS to see your Gift Counter.
  • gnome gave me a standard. 40k gold. I'm not upset, but I was hoping for something nicer.
  • Remember can always trade it in for goop if you are not really going to use it.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    I think bairloch meant a standard present, not an artifact standard (he mentions getting 40k gold).
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?