I think I might need an intervention...

Since this month's sale started, I got a chemset and since have purchased and trained up two pets. I already had one.
I'm saving up for my next.
And I was considering a stable for my manse...
I think I have a problem...

Comments

• At one point I had 30 beasties, and I'm pretty sure @Allixea is nearing that point (or beyond) :D welcome to the club!
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    am currently counting 21 beasts and a stable... I feel you <.<
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • I have passed 30, chemset, never ending zimoru, manse stable, someone sell me an Eaf so I can stop!
  • @Anita @Aeldra @Allixea
    Since I have you illustrious beastmasters here, I'm hoping to ask a few questions. Like, does health/ego/mana vary by species, or is it completely controlled by what you feed/train them? Is there a different floor or max for different species?
    If so, then some species would be better as influence buddies, while others better bodyguards, etc. I'd like to know that before I buy one and start training it up. (yes, I'm about to buy my 4th. :)
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Some species are better as influence buddies, bodyguards, or combat companions than others as it is, but it's primarily based on what abilities the beast has inherent. I'll let others comment as to what beasts are good for each, but in general, you want something that has inherent abilities that match what you're doing. Influencing is probably going to be something that has either the type of influencing you're focusing on or ego regen inherents. Bodyguards for hunting should ideally have aggressive, thick skin, or bodyguard inherently, or fialing that scaling, flight, or another movement option. Combat beasts should have some kind of unique attack that complements your fighting style. Most mage guilds have one in the skillset that's good for that, but Dreamweavers also like the Dream phoenixes (or used to), and you might also find a beasty with blocking useful.

• As Luce said health/mana/ego really depends on trains and it is the inherent traits that really make the beast. The best influence beast I can think of off the top of my head (all my notes are in a book I misplaced) would probably be the eaf. However the process involved in creating them would probably warrant an enemy status from both the glomdoring and the serenwilde. Not to mention most treaties don't offer protection to beasts and most members of either commune may attack the beast on sight. 

The wiki is usually pretty good about listing beasts and is usually pretty up to date. Wiki.lusternia.com/beasts but I think it's missing an order beast or two.
  • I got a pony to be my influence buddy, but I was thinking of a bodyguard and was wondering what would be best. Didn't realize any had it inherently. Looks like the only one with bodyguard inherent is not available to me. But the rhino has armor and battle... not a bad start.
  • Oh actually egregore appears better for influence but it is an order beast and thus would be rather tricky to acquire without joining the order and could gain you an enemy status from the order if you get one without being apart of the order.
  • I was using this page for beasts as I found some errors on the wiki page.
    https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/BeastTable
  • What they all said!
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Bairloch said:
    I got a pony to be my influence buddy, but I was thinking of a bodyguard and was wondering what would be best. Didn't realize any had it inherently. Looks like the only one with bodyguard inherent is not available to me. But the rhino has armor and battle... not a bad start.
    Looks like lions have it inherent. I never knew this about mine, because I didn't have the ability in Beastmastery yet. (Requiscat in pace, leo.)
  • Good point! And that would be a great addition, but I've never seen Czigany...
  • The Cziany faire should be coming up in a few months. If you want to hold off and buy one then.

Although training up a normal beast isnt too hard so theres no real downside to having a lot of different beasts.
  • I agree. I'm up to three, fully-trained adults. Hence the thread title. :)
  • Bairloch said:
    I was using this page for beasts as I found some errors on the wiki page.
    https://sites.google.com/site/xieltalnara/BeastTable
    That table is good but a little incomplete, if you notice an error I am sure it is possible to find one of the volunteers who maintain the wiki and bring it to their attention.

Last I checked the wiki is missing moose though.
  • I'll see if I can contact a mod. They have firebreath listed as inherent for the Wyvern, and (unfortunately) it is not.
  • What are the details on meese?
  • Beast: Wyvern
    • Inherent Abilities: Mount, Flight
    • Cost: 63,500 gp

I dont see flamebreath listed anywhere?

• I just fixed it.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I haven't ever actually checked the wiki, but they might have confused wyvern for firewyvern

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.