Furrikin Question

Did Bollikin create marsupials as well as mammals? Could a furrikin look like an Opossum?

Had an inspiration to create a Glom bard furrikin that looks like an Opossum the other day and wanted to know if it was... canon?

Comments

• I don't know whether there's an official stance on possum, but Bolli didn't limit Himself to just cuddly mammals. At the very least, He made rockeaters and turtles. I can't imagine anyone batting an eye over a possum.

MY question is did Bollikin make penguins, because boy do I have some ideas for that.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Did Bollikin make the honey badger? Because man, I've got an idea for an angry alt.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited April 2018
    Also worth remembering that Bollikin splintered into more than just the things he made, since it's canon that some furrikin look like small tae'dae, and others look like dogs (theoretically a creation of Volkh's)

And not that badgers care, but Weeky is a badger, so it's clearly a phenotype that furrikin can be.
  • Shaddus said:
    Did Bollikin make the honey badger? Because man, I've got an idea for an angry alt.
    Hells yeah!
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• I am still sad bats are not an option.
  • WHy not? they're furry enough....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Tylwyth said:
    WHy not? they're furry enough....
    Something about bats being corrupted or tainted birds and hence having been "created" long after he splintered. I can't remember it 100% but something along those lines.
  • Don't faeling bards that go Shadowbeat get all... batty? Not that that solves your conundrum, just something I thought I read.
  • They just get bat wings instead of insect ones, as far as I know.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    It's not even bat wings, just bat-shaped, last I checked. FWIW I had a bat. He was a fruitbat. His birth parents escaped from Glom, but hypothetically if he'd been gloomy I doubt anyone would bat an eye. Big thing is they'd have non-functional wings unless you sprung for and subsequently hid artifact wings.
  • Tirah said:

Something about bats being corrupted or tainted birds and hence having been "created" long after he splintered. I can't remember it 100% but something along those lines.
    I've heard that long ago, when Viravain was trying to cleanse Glomdoring of the Taint using the Nature Seal, her brief moment of success before everything went bad wrong caused the local bats to briefly change back into bluebirds, their 'true' form. I can't remember 100% if Vira is credited as creator of bats/bluebirds, but I -think- She is, meaning they're likely off limits to a pure expression of furrikin.

That said, Lysistrata is specifically a bat faeling, right down to a custom typecast of 'Chiropteran'. It's a bit fuzzy lorewise (but then, I've seen worse) but you could pretty easily do a bat furrikin an no one would think twice (crossbreeds are certainly a thing, as noted by grotesques like Hair Trill, so being a furrikin-dominant furrikin/shadow faeling cross is within the realm of reason, or at least the realm of 'sure, why not?').
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!