Artifact Ideas

Comments

• Ianir said:
       o Removed an errant ghostly wakabi that was somehow also a container and
       a plant. And it could talk.  
    I would buy that.
  • Omniscience artifact.

Private Aetherbubble.

Ability to put manse upgrades in torus room.

Rezz artifact (could be more limited than the auction one, say only works at the portals of fate or a nexii).

Portable Tattoo Bench.

Single target standard (banneret, only blocks denizens).

Steingrim's Amazing Gourmet Candy Factory, 500cr (priced like custom pet)
     - Fully custom candy and description.
     - Three part custom consume message (1st and 3rd party, can be colorized)
     - Must feed in food item to create candy.
     - Retains nutritional value of original item.
     - Can be fortified
     - Can be preserved
     - Can be imbued

• Steingrim said: Nino
    Ianir said:
       o Removed an errant ghostly wakabi that was somehow also a container and
       a plant. And it could talk.  
    I would buy that.
    Ok Ghostly Plant Bags. 100 Credit upgrade to Beepbeep toys.
    Syntax:
    ATTACH [BAG] TO [TOY]
    Let's you store up to 10 items in your beepbeeep toy and makes its a ghostly plant as well.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Just noticed this. Seems off.

**********************[ CHANCES FOR AN ULTIMATE PRESENT ]**********************
    Type                                                                     Chance
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    35-50 Czigany Coins                                                      14.844
    300-500 Credits                                                          14.844
    300-500 Dingbats                                                         14.844
    6000-10000 Aethergoop                                                    14.844
    5-10 Wondercrystals                                                      14.844
    an artifact valued 300-2000                                              14.844
    [***Then a section of non-ashop artifacts***]
    a small piece of peppermint candy                                        1.465%
    a chunk of coal                                                          1.465%
    the Gauntlet of Dragon's Breath                                          1.465%
    the Temporal Freezer of Preservation                                     1.465%
    a pair of cement socks                                                   1.465%
    Tully's Golden Broom                                                     1.465%
    a cloak of thorns                                                        1.465%
    *******************************************************************************

A single Coal piece or Peppermind candy seem way overvalued as an ultimate give. 
     While what the admin assesses as a value is often different than what the market sets, the admin does set a value on these for promos and in promos constantly appears to value them cheaper than even wondercrystals.

One of either seems more like a Let's Make a Deal "zonk".
  • If I got 1 coal, 1 peppermint, or Tully's broom as an ult I would not be happy. Although you may at least be able to trade the broom in.
  • I don't know, the broom seems pretty nice if you ask me. Remove flame-sigiled stuff, including monos, at no powercost and a shorter bal/eq than disenchant? Not bad.
  • Yendor said:
    If I got 1 coal, 1 peppermint, or Tully's broom as an ult I would not be happy. Although you may at least be able to trade the broom in.
    I got the broom as an Ultimate -- but >30 racetrack tickets along with it. Won some good goop on the racetrack at least.
  • @Anita what does the broom trade in for?
  • Yendor said:
    @Anita what does the broom trade in for?
    200 credits!
  • Yeah, no thanks.
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited June 2018
    Still wished for some form of 'one artifact item fits all summoned weapons'. Managing all these 'ceremonial' weapons you have with caster classes is... a bit of a pain. Plus I would like to have the chance to rune one and be done with it, so something that would either morph into the correct item as one classflexes or even preferable something that would just count as athame/cudgel/staff/symbol/chalice/garland/etc according to your class and you could customize to your desire... that would be worth some credits to me and would make me happy in terms of not having to wield an athame and a cudgel for example just because my athame's runed with a shield rune... but I need the cudgel because am druid right now.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Fleshy Psudopod: WAVE Psudopod force all mutual allies to follow.
  • edited June 2018
    Finkish Sausage Grinder. Add corpses to Grinder. Tracks essence value of corpses for later and bulk offering. No longer will someone have to offer single corpses and risk admin retaliation via twitter! 20 db

Rune of the GateGrandmaster.  Grants the Gatemaster ability. If one already has the gatemaster ability in Planar, grants the ability to bond to a second gate. 100 cr
  • I like the Grinder. Do that one!
  • Anita said:
    For the Wondercornucopia, Cooks can hold herofetes with no food and half the people needed (5, not 10). My idea is for this power be changed to include Brewmeisters that hold tea ceremonies. They would need a teaset still (from artisan), but need no tea and half the attendees as with the cook's herofetes.

Also would be adjusting to allow the owner of the wondercornucopia to hold both herofetes and teaceremonies (If they have neither brewmeister or cooking skills, they will need teaset/tea, food, and the 10 people needed for both.)

I'ti not opposed to this, but it probably should be a wonderkeg or somesuch. The herofete isn't an entirely separate add on, but flows out of adding herofete (via other cooking skill abilities along the way).

If the admin is willing to make a wonderkeg/wonderteakettle/wonderflask, etc. It could provide the owner single tea protection at various stages, gift once a year, teaceremony, etc. One ability I'd like is the ability to target a player and remove tireness (I'd assume it would have to require that masc be down).

Any other ideas?
  • edited June 2018
    I'd A lot of people would rather not have any more wonderitems, hence the idea for combining the two into the wondercornucopia. 

EDIT: In addition the first crystal for the wondercornucopia is Tonic which includes brewmeister teas and brews.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Some people not wanting more wonderitems does not mean there will not be more.  Might as well offer suggestions that are balanced-ish instead of "Don't talk about them at all."

I am pretty sure the next wonderitem will be a wonderblanket though, Estarra really seemed to get into that idea.  So many blanket ideas...
  • Xenthos said:
    Some people not wanting more wonderitems does not mean there will not be more.  Might as well offer suggestions that are balanced-ish instead of "Don't talk about them at all."

I am pretty sure the next wonderitem will be a wonderblanket though, Estarra really seemed to get into that idea.  So many blanket ideas...
    Even so, the idea is not invalid as the wondercornucopia could still hold teaceremonies as I pointed out the first crystal being Tonic (brewmeister tea and brews). It doesn't seem impossible for the wondercornucopia to be a helpful thing for Brewmeisters AND for Cooks -- the latter having more business now with the changes to hunger, and the former being few and far between, anyway.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I can't help but think about this wonderflask idea. 
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Presently, it isn't possible to buy travel curios, presumably because they used to cost gold and never made the transition over to the ASHOP. Can we buy them again, with credits or otherwise?
  • Jolanthe said:
    Presently, it isn't possible to buy travel curios, presumably because they used to cost gold and never made the transition over to the ASHOP. Can we buy them again, with credits or otherwise?

Given that they can't be traded in for credits, some of us have extras. Look me up.
  • edited July 2018
    Gnomish Experimental Dimensional Hole. Same as pyramid puzzle, however is only 400cr and you arrive prone, stunned, and take 1000 damage.

Or,

Some other noun skin for pyramids/booklets.

Also, wouldn't mind seeing the pentagon puzzle as a 1k upgrade to the pyramid.

Or optionally sell additional page upgrades for the booklet.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Gnomish Sausage Grinder:

Put corpses in, GRIND SAUSAGE. Gives you a decaying item (blood sausage) that can be devoured to reduce hunger and gives you a small amount of experience based on the levels of the beasts you ground up.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Paradox Bomb - 1/hour the owner may either SET PARADOX or DETONATE PARADOX. Detonating deals Mana damage to everyone in the room (owner included) and puts a -1/-13 Mana Regen malus on anyone so hit. SET PARADOX starts a timed version that deals significantly more damage and malus after 10 seconds. Either version will display a random logical paradox when it fires, though the actual damage line would me static (ie: Your mind aches as you attempt to understand how that could be true.)

Pun dispenser- same as above, but for ego. A clockwork jester pops out of the box and tells a random terrible joke, the damage line is something like "You feel ashamed for having even HEARD that one."

• Artifact tradeskill, learned with goop (1 goop = 1 lesson) that lets you make RP-only items.
  • Moi said:
    Artifact tradeskill, learned with goop (1 goop = 1 lesson) that lets you make RP-only items.
    Like flower-arranging and making candles... I need to find that idea we had going before for new tradeskills!
  • Captain's Log <ship> 

Shows current location of ship.
    Shows current status of ship, flashpoints, damage, modules, infestation, cloak on/off (everything which normally displays with SHIP STATUS, GRID MODULES, dock status and any docked ships, etc).

Restrictions: Must be owner of ship or be assigned ship. Also works if you are aboard a ship you are neither an owner of or is assigned to you.
  • Anita said:
    Moi said:
    Artifact tradeskill, learned with goop (1 goop = 1 lesson) that lets you make RP-only items.
    Like flower-arranging and making candles... I need to find that idea we had going before for new tradeskills!
    Candles, flowers, vases, fireworks, custom figurines, talismans, amulets, etc.