TIL - Lusternia's little lifehacks

2»

Comments

• Sylandra said:
    how to search through designs using categories and word choice. 
    Whoa. Can I do that for shop searches too? Would be sweet...
  • Sylandra said:
    Gather 'round, fellow designer nerds. Something that changed my life a few years ago was learning how to search through designs using categories and word choice.

To my knowledge, this isn't documented properly anywhere, so here you go:

1) Searching by DESIGNEDBY (Designer)
    So let's say I want to find an old tailoring design by Daraius. To search all tailoring designs open to to me for it, I'd do:

TAILORING ALL DESIGNEDBY DARAIUS
    *******************************************************************************
    [ID]    [Org]         [Type]        [Description]                              
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    23273   Public        Accessories   a tattooist's apron
    Total: 1

2) Searching by APPEARANCE, DROPPED, or EXAMINED
    Or let's say you're shopkeeping and you want to find masculine robes in particular to stock in your inventory. To search for one that uses the word "masculine" in the description, just do this:

TAILORING GREATROBES EXAMINED MASCULINE
    [ID]    [Org]         [Description]                                            
    394     Public        masculine robes of sun-hued silk
    7064    Public        sapphire blue, loose-fitting sherwani greatrobes
    7527    Public        silk kurta robes of creamy white
    20278   Public        an understated elegant grey suit
    21889   Cloudweavers  robes of eventide
    26053   Public        silken emerald-green robes braided with gold
    26054   Opera         serene silver-and-blue robes of silken waters
    Total: 7

Or let's say you just want a pair of purple shoes. We change up the formula to be this:

TAILORING SHOES APPEARANCE PURPLE
    [ID]    [Org]         [Description]                                            
    11421   Public        glittering purple high-heeled amaranth sandals
    11765   Public        thigh-high purple boots
    24736   Public        elegant, dark purple high-heeled shoes
    Total: 3

(The same basic concept applies to DROPPED, but I don't know if you have any strong opinions on a dropped description.)

3) Searching by CARTEL
    Looking to only see your cartel's designs? Easy peasy.

TAILORING ALL CARTEL SILKENSNOW
    [ID]    [Org]         [Type]        [Description]                              
    23815   Silkensnow    Splendor      an elegant high-necked gown of midnight cas
    23817   Silkensnow    Accessories   a petite wintry fascinator
    23864   Silkensnow    Accessories   elbow-length opera gloves of ivory silk
    23865   Silkensnow    Greatrobes    a chic trumpet gown of stark ivory silk
    24019   Silkensnow    Greatrobes    a bell-shaped gown of periwinkle satin and
    24090   Silkensnow    Accessories   a royal blue satchel of wintry starlight
    24243   Silkensnow    Coats         a handsome frock coat of cashmere wool
    24271   Silkensnow    Hats          a knit penguin hat with dangling tassles
    24512   Silkensnow    Greatrobes    a formal, well-tailored suit of wintertide
    25926   Silkensnow    Accessories   a twinkling shawl of snow-swept crystal
    27018   Silkensnow    Greatrobes    an ethereal sheath gown of glacial aquamari
    27019   Silkensnow    Greatrobes    a boreal green sheath gown with flowering f
    27148   Silkensnow    Lingerie      a snowy chemise with icy lacework
    27168   Silkensnow    Accessories   a crowned veil of spiralling fractal lace
    27335   Silkensnow    Accessories   a swirling fractal headpiece of lapis lazul
    27349   Silkensnow    Accessories   a refined half mask of lapis lazuli and bon
    Total: 16

Fun fact: "Public" counts as a cartel also!
    sadly, there are several things I designed that did not have my name added because it was either before that was a thing or it didn't get put in, so when I do designedby I get like, two results
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Bairloch said:
    Sylandra said:
    how to search through designs using categories and word choice. 
    Whoa. Can I do that for shop searches too? Would be sweet...
    You can do PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS <descriptors of choice> to have options show up. I’m on my phone now but some examples might be PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS WHITE GLOVES or even something vague like PORTAL SEARCH SHOPS CRIMSON.

If memory serves, you can also do PORTAL SEARCH <player> to find manses or shops by owner. But that syntax might not be exact, I’ll check this evening to be sure.

@Arix yeah they added DESIGNEDBY in 2010 iirc? So designs prior to them won’t get included in that list.

And in retrospect I’m pretty sure you can search by COMMODITIES too if you’re looking for a specific material for some reason (TAILORING ALL COMMODITIES SILK).
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Can confirm; I use that to search for stuff to make with honeycombs when I acquisitio them in faethorn.
  • "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • As per CHANGELOG 1318 -

- New command for City/Commune Leaders - [CITY|COMMUNE] MANSEBLOCK [ON|OFF]
         - Activating this will prevent enemies of your org from exiting connected manses into your org. It does not prevent them from entering those manses if the permissions are not set up correctly or if they follow a non-org enemy into it.
        -  They will be unable to follow an unenemied person out of the manse (you cannot follow into enemy territory).

• HELP <name of trade> ITEMS is amazing. Try brewmeister, poison, enchantment, so on.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    DESIGN COMMS <trade> in case you're not sure what the minimum amount of commodities are.

• Xenthos said:
    Inr everything.
    i kindof wish 'inr all' will work as well. 'inr everything' is too long for me. :smile:
  • Valaria said:
    Xenthos said:
    Inr everything.
    i kindof wish 'inr all' will work as well. 'inr everything' is too long for me. :smile:
    alias?
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Valaria said:
    Xenthos said:
    Inr everything.
    INRA if you're on MMF?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • edited June 2018
    Shaddus said:
    Valaria said:
    Xenthos said:
    Inr everything.
    INRA if you're on MMF?
    Can't you just alias it? I alias everything. 

Examples: Get gold from pack : Setalias ggfp get gold from pack. or Put gold in pack: pgip. So I'd do something like inre for inr everything. 
  • You can only have like 100 aliases.
    This isn't as useful but if you are a druid you can use STAFF instead of CUDGEL. I find it useful becuase my brain doesn't like spelling cudgel for some reason.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• config designmessages is also really useful when you make designs for trades you don't practice, since it captures the design ID for you and you can keep the message until you transpose and store the number for yourself elsewhere.
  • Anita said:
    EDIT:
    Anyone who is CR6 in their commune/city can also use the POWERLOG command to see power input/output. Works like reading city/commune logs, with POWERLOG seeing today, POWERLOG 0 1 is last weave, etc. You can also just see the summary of the current day POWERLOG SUMMARY, and to view previous weaves POWERLOG SUMMARY 1 (last weave), POWERLOG SUMMARY 2 (weave before last) etc etc.
    Also the POWERLOG SUMMARY goes back 30 weaves! But any nuances about the source/spending of power will only go back 6 weaves in POWERLOG.

Oldbie me was recently saved by curatives not needing to be outrifted before consuming. You can `eat dust` and it'll work.
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• Xiran said:
    Anita said:
    EDIT:
    Anyone who is CR6 in their commune/city can also use the POWERLOG command to see power input/output. Works like reading city/commune logs, with POWERLOG seeing today, POWERLOG 0 1 is last weave, etc. You can also just see the summary of the current day POWERLOG SUMMARY, and to view previous weaves POWERLOG SUMMARY 1 (last weave), POWERLOG SUMMARY 2 (weave before last) etc etc.
    Also the POWERLOG SUMMARY goes back 30 weaves! But any nuances about the source/spending of power will only go back 6 weaves in POWERLOG.

Oldbie me was recently saved by curatives not needing to be outrifted before consuming. You can `eat dust` and it'll work.
    POWERLOG itself goes back 30 weaves along with POWERLOG SUMMARY -- at least it does for Ministry of Power!

powerlog 1 30
    2018/05/31 00:00:07 - The Wild Nodes added 0 power through the energies of the Astral Plane

• Omigosh. Thank you!
    Active: Monday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday EST

• TIL that if somebody's jingle comes up to tell you to vote, it means they're logged in.

Image result for moana youre welcome gif
  • Anita said:
    Xiran said:
    Anita said:
    EDIT:

POWERLOG itself goes back 30 weaves along with POWERLOG SUMMARY -- at least it does for Ministry of Power!

powerlog 1 30
    2018/05/31 00:00:07 - The Wild Nodes added 0 power through the energies of the Astral Plane

I wish all logs went back 30 days
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Versalean said:
    TIL that if somebody's jingle comes up to tell you to vote, it means they're logged in.

Image result for moana youre welcome gif
    Is this why 90% of the time when I log in with a character, I get that character's jingle?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Kistan said:
    Anita said:
    Xiran said:
    Anita said:
    EDIT:

powerlog 1 30

I wish all logs went back 30 days
    Er... they do.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Yeah, try the syntax READLOG WHATEVER 0 30 or POWERLOG SUMMARY 30
  • Happiest in the world now!!