Dingbats, Aethergoop and Wonder Crystals! Oh my!

As you may have read in the announce, elite memberships will now give 1 wonder crystal instead of 20 dingbats at each renewal, and dingbats are slated to be retired. We also will rework aethergoop to only be able to purchase curio packages, gnome-themed artifacts and/or aetherspace items (but they'll also still be able to reskin items, just not be able to purchase credit artifacts). We want to keep clear lines between aethergoop, credits and wonder crystals--for example, we are not open to converting aethergoop to wonder crystals. Before we retire dingbats, we'll release a list of exactly what items will be aethergoop only so you can make an informed decision before deciding to convert dingbats to either aethergoop or credits.

In any event, we believe aethergoop will still be a sought after currency, though I understand some are apprehensive about that (feel free to email support@lusternia.com if you have specific concerns about your specific situation). That said, we are open to ideas for what else aethergoop could do (other than more artifacts, that's a given).

Comments

• Does this mean some older dingbat things are likely to convert to being credit purchases rather than goop? Examples: Mystery Map, Pig Nose.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, this is going to be a flurry of questions.

Are you open to the possibility of allowing us to convert dingbats to Wheel Coins?

If dingbats are sticky, are the credits those are converted to going to be bound? Are you pondering making sticky goop? :smiley:

Are dolls going to have a credit price  (for tradeins) from now on as opposed to dingbats?

Have you already decided on the exchange rates?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I excited about getting monthly wonder crystals. Looks like I still got dingbats this month, so this starts next month? Any chance I could swap? :)
    I am relatively new to the credit/goop/dingbat/etc game and any reduction in confusion would be welcome to a newcomer, so I see this as positive.
  • Yeah, single-handedly the decision that will probably result in me restarting my membership. Gods willing, the people whining about wonderitems will now stop.
  • although if you could also buy wonder gems for other people like you can credits. that would be much less objectionable
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Will the trade consumables still need goop? (ie: cook candies)
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Personally I considered goop a kind of difficult currency to begin with. Not only did its 'market value' plummet sometime last year, making people feel 'punished' if they got goop from something unless they were specifically after a goop item, which is a bad value for something thats given with real money in some cases. Others did make good use and value from goop and had a good handle on it, but the notion of goop being a 'weak' currency never quite left it and so I think changing it to its own set of things that is not connect with the rest is a good thing, hopefully remove the stain from goop.

As for dingbats being retired, i actually do welcome that change too. I've always hated how you had to shuffle so many currencies in what you wanted and dingbats sometimes were notoriously hard to come by. I think that will generally improve people's usefulness for credits, membership and artifacts in general as the artifact pool for your buck got a lot bigger and some of the most desirable items for people starting out ( especially if they want to dip their noses into combat ) are traditonally dingbat items ( or goop, though that is now going away ).

As for goop and cosmetics, I'd love to see things like zimoru staying purchasable as goop, for I feel its like a beast reskin.

wondercrystal from membership is quite literally a big improvement on the membership and I think its a welcome one.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • As an aside, are wonder crystals only obtainable on this promo by direct purchase? No purchase bonus on a credit transaction?
  • Daily goop cap, then the issue with Wondercorns giving 5db a year needing to be changed with this. Else some years will be a bust for people =/
  • Arix said:
    although if you could also buy wonder gems for other people like you can credits. that would be much less objectionable
    Ummmm when they sell the crates of crystals you can buy them for other people. I've done it repeatedly. 

• edited July 2018
    @Estarra Will the racetrack continue to offer goop as an alternative to credits? Also I saw someone else asked will sticky dingbats become sticky credits and regular dingbats unbound credits? 

Thanks
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Tambador said:
    @Estarra Will the racetrack continue to offer goop as an alternative to credits? Also I saw someone else asked will sticky dingbats become sticky credits and regular dingbats unbound credits? 

Thanks
    Going by what has been said in ANNOUNCE 2833, when they announce that the system to convert dingbats has been activated, you will have the option to convert dingbats to either credits or aethergoop (at a ratio to yet be determined, though I am guessing it would be 20:1, same as the credit to goop ratio)

As for artifacts that were purchased outright with goop, I asked Estarra on Discord what was happening, whether they would retain their aethergoop tradein value or whether they would be converted to a credit tradein value and was told that again it would be announced closer to the transition time.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • @Kagato doesn't answer the question of will they be bound or unbound credits but thanks 
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Guessing sticky dingbat Will convert to bound credits, unbound to unbound.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • edited July 2018

Has there been an unannounced change of policy already?

It used to be that you could have eg a credit bought cameo(24hr version) and then pay goop to upgrade it to a goop cameo(1hr version).

This was doable over the last few months but folks have attempted to do that same thing this month and were told no?

• I'd like to know that too. Since I'd like to upgrade to the change per hour version.
  • @Deichtine and @Anita I literally JUST did this. So just to be clear. There are goop or credit cameos (the IG monthly, cheaper one). There is not a goop version of the upgrade (the IG daily more expensive one). So your options for the cameo-intaglio purchase. Buy a 1000 credit cameo, upgrade with 1000 credits. But a 20k goop cameo, upgrade with 1000 credits.
  • Yendor said:
    @Deichtine and @Anita I literally JUST did this. So just to be clear. There are goop or credit cameos (the IG monthly, cheaper one). There is not a goop version of the upgrade (the IG daily more expensive one). So your options for the cameo-intaglio purchase. Buy a 1000 credit cameo, upgrade with 1000 credits. But a 20k goop cameo, upgrade with 1000 credits.
    That's a really big shame if that's the case.

I have the 1000 cr cameo (skinned by goop), and definitely enough goop to cover the cost of an upgrade to the intaglio verson(1hr cooldown). I have nothing I really want to spend goop on, and selling it on the market, I won't get the same return for credits. (1:20 for cr:goop, on market its 1:40 and above) . :(
  • So @Anita you option to upgrade with goop would be to have someone make a goop skin for the intaglio  (Which I was actually working on). With the announced upcoming changes, I decided to abandon that project and just go ahead and pay the credits.
  • I'd like to say that I could afford the credits, but sadly not! I'll start working on a skin for it instead :sweat_smile:
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Anita said:
    I'd like to say that I could afford the credits, but sadly not! I'll start working on a skin for it instead :sweat_smile:
    I've had a request out there since 5/28 to make an object skinnable for an item of far less worth (the Leprechaun Inebriation medal), so I'm kinda guessing that a last minute new request probably isn't going to go through.  Can definitely give it a shot, just don't expect too much.

I'm pretty sure my request is just dead at this point!
  • Xenthos said:
    Anita said:
    I'd like to say that I could afford the credits, but sadly not! I'll start working on a skin for it instead :sweat_smile:
    I've had a request out there since 5/28 to make an object skinnable for an item of far less worth (the Leprechaun Inebriation medal), so I'm kinda guessing that a last minute new request probably isn't going to go through.  Can definitely give it a shot, just don't expect too much.

I'm pretty sure my request is just dead at this point!
    I'm aware of your request! I had actually looked at the thread in question to possibly see if anyone was still submitting the skins and such. I can always try, and if it doesn't go through/happen I'll spend the next several months of membership saving for the credits.
  • @Estarra Now that more details have been announced in game with respect to timing and specific changes, can you speak to two questions that were asked earlier on?
    • Wonder cornucopia gift: are the dings just removed from the prize table or will something else replace them?
    • The goop cap: will it change at all or maybe even be removed?
  • Foehn said:
    @Estarra Now that more details have been announced in game with respect to timing and specific changes, can you speak to two questions that were asked earlier on?
    • Wonder cornucopia gift: are the dings just removed from the prize table or will something else replace them?
    • The goop cap: will it change at all or maybe even be removed?
    For the corncucopia, when the dingbats are removed, they may be replaced with a Czigany coin.
    I'm going to see about lifting or raising the aethergoop cap which was placed there to make sure there weren't any exploits in quests or artifacts that over-generated aethergoop.

There are probably issues we need to resolve so please continue to keep us honest if something occurs to you!
  • edited July 2018
    Random question: is it possible or will it be possible to transfer wondercrystals from the membership between characters like we can do with membership credits or should we make sure to subscribe on the character we want to get the crystal?

I could just see at some point wanting to shift to a different character receiving that membership benefit.
  • Illarnis said:
    Random question: is it possible or will it be possible to transfer wondercrystals from the membership between characters like we can do with membership credits or should we make sure to subscribe on the character we want to get the crystal?

I could just see at some point wanting to shift to a different character receiving that membership benefit.
    Transferring via the normal syntax with 0 credits to somebody on your registration works instantly.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • Do we know if sticky dingbats will become bound credits and unbound dingbats will become bound credits? Also, will goop remain a non-bound currency?