What a Tangled Skein: Feedback

2»

Comments

• Yeah, I would like to say there is nothing apparently detrimental to the threads that should raise alarms. You remove them because you find them aesthetically displeasing (or are paranoid which is fair enough).
  • Bit of a typo in the OOC message that comes after beating the tangle.

[OOC]: You given beaten back enough threads to qualify for the daily quest
    today! Come back tomorrow to complete the quest again! See QUESTEVENT for your
    quest status for July.

• Typo it ingame.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Looks like they act like cows/sheep. Paine chance when you enter to stall balance. Wonder if the butcher harness works on them...
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    The hubs also explode and try to kill you when you kill them, don't they?
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • They explode as they die, yes. They deal ~8.5k damage or so against middling resists, so don't be in a room with one that's going down if you can't survive that. With a few buffs I survive it pretty okay, with about 1k hp left. Using something like puppy collection makes it very survivable.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    As a celestine with full buffs and numen active, I took around 5500 damage from an explosion.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • This promotion is a lot better now that it isn't neigh-permanently infesting orgs.
  • I officially hate every part of this. ESPECIALLY the smarmy little encouragements toward teamwork. 
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    I officially hate every part of this. ESPECIALLY the smarmy little encouragements toward teamwork. 
    That isn't particularly constructive.
  • Versalean said:
    Tridemon said:
    I officially hate every part of this. ESPECIALLY the smarmy little encouragements toward teamwork. 
    It's demesne breaking. On multiple demesnes. It's incredibly slow. It's boring. There are avenues that you would be able to attack on a demesne that you can't with the threads. It can span hundreds of rooms. They can APPARENTLY spread into places that aren't always open. There's no way to prevent the threads from moving back into a room you just cleared. So essentially, it's a giant demesne where you can't break the center, can't kill the mage, and the mage gets to expand in any direction at random without limit.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Tridemon said:
    Versalean said:
    Tridemon said:
    It's demesne breaking. On multiple demesnes. It's incredibly slow. It's boring. There are avenues that you would be able to attack on a demesne that you can't with the threads. It can span hundreds of rooms. They can APPARENTLY spread into places that aren't always open. There's no way to prevent the threads from moving back into a room you just cleared. So essentially, it's a giant demesne where you can't break the center, can't kill the mage, and the mage gets to expand in any direction at random without limit.
    That is particularly constructive! :)
  • Tridemon said:
    Versalean said:
    Tridemon said:
    i would love to meet this mage to teach me how to spread the demesne throughout the basin. plz call me, anonymous mage?
  • I think my only real remaining issue is that having two sinker nets that're in contact with each other makes it damn near impossible to tell which threads belong to which, which makes finding endpoints hard. Maybe give each sinker a random flavor out of four which all its threads inherit? Wouldn't eliminate the problem entirely, but would cut it down a lot.
  • edited July 2018
    Kalnid said:
    I think my only real remaining issue is that having two sinker nets that're in contact with each other makes it damn near impossible to tell which threads belong to which, which makes finding endpoints hard. Maybe give each sinker a random flavor out of four which all its threads inherit? Wouldn't eliminate the problem entirely, but would cut it down a lot.
    threads act similar to demense, kalnid. you have to find edge. but if there is no edge, then the rest of rooms of threads are vulenerable. so for example, if threads happen to come to a full circle, then every single room is vulernable unless it found a edge room to spread to. basically, it's a spreading demesne
  • It doesn't work that way if you have two melds. Consider the following area:
    [a]-[a]-[a]-[a]-[a]<br> |   |   |   |   | <br>[a]-[A] [a] [b]-[a]<br> |     \   /     | <br>[a]-[a] [b] [a]-[a]<br> |     /   \     | <br>[a]-[b] [B] [b]-[b]<br> |   |   |   |   | <br>[a]-[b]-[b]-[b]-[b]
    ...where A and B are sinkers; a are threads spread by A and b are threads spread by B.

You can break [-2, 2] (top left) in accordance with the principle you describe, but you can't break [2, 2] (top right) despite both looking outwardly identical. This is because unlike top left, top right is a line rather than a loop, even if it looks like a line. You can do the same thing with an actual meld, but there you can PERCEIVE to see which room belongs to which melder. Here, you just have to guess.

• Estarra said:
    Yeah, I would like to say there is nothing apparently detrimental to the threads that should raise alarms. You remove them because you find them aesthetically displeasing (or are paranoid which is fair enough).
    Or cuz you can smell they are "tainted"...

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: