Artifact Ideas

Comments

• I'd love a race-hat-like artifact that lets you appear as a different class in CWHO. I think it'd make sense if it were archetype specific, with guardian/wiccan and mage/druid overlaps, such that you can only show up as the appropriate class within your org.

To make it even a little more useful (and more expensive) if it provided a couple of RP-only utility skills from the associated class, that'd be cool too (though not sure how feasible that would be).
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Hard pass. That list is important to be able to quickly assess what's available on raids and stuff (ie: Oh hey, Bismark's here and usually volunteers for raids and stuff. He's artied to the nines and is a great asset to the team. Oh, but today he's a Tessenchi. He doesn't have runes for that, so I'll hold off until the weave change when he can switch back), and give novices a good idea of who might be able to help with a specific skillset.
  • edited July 2018
    Hmm, think I"ve mentioned these before:

Animus Costume 200 credits
    Syntax TOUCH COSTUME to adjust costume to specific ORG. OTherwise uses standard Costume Syntax
    What it becomes:
    Glom-Crow 
    Seren-Stag 
    Gaudi-Fire Elemental
    Halli-Air Elemental
    Celest-Water Elemental
    Mags-Earth Elemental

Anima Costume 200 credits
    Syntax TOUCH COSTUME to adjust costume to specific ORG. OTherwise uses standard Costume Syntax
    What it becomes:
    Glom- Daughter of Night/Shadow/Wyrden fae
    Seren-Lady of Moon/moonbeam/Wylde Fae
    Gaudi-SOme sort of Flesh thingy?
    Halli-Sphere/gemstone
    Celest-Angel
    Mags-Demon

Mostly just want a Crow costume, but this gives lots of people stuff.
    Edit: the initial touching just adjust the costume to your org. Crow and Stag are dudes so  melders get the animus costume, while Moon and NIght are female to summoners get Anima Costumes. THough anyone could buy use the costumes....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Forge of Clangorum 2500cr (upgrade of the Pliers)

Manse artifact - NOT usable in inventory

-Allows removal of artifact runes, as per the Pliers.
    -You can FIRE FORGE once per Lusternian year, and it will remain lit for one hour.
    -Whilst lit, you may SUNDER <wonderitem>, reducing it to its composite crystals without losing any.
    -May be used as a normal forge, and doubles the effectiveness of enhancements.

Wonder Battery 40000ag

-Must be RECHARGED at an astral node, at a maximum of one recharge per Lusternian day.
    -Holds a maximum of 10 charges.
    -Each charge on the battery may be used to replenish a power charge on a wonderitem.
  • Unlimited purifies!!
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    An upgrade should not become manse limited; being able to detach runes on the go is about the only saving grace for pliers.  I do  not mind the idea of having to go to it for sundering but owning a wonderforge should still allow the pliers anywhere functionality.
  • Also doubling enhancements would be a buff to (mostly) monks and warriors. One probably doesn't need more of a buff.
  • Yendor said:
    Unlimited purifies!!
    wtf is purifies?
  • Yendor said:
    Also doubling enhancements would be a buff to (mostly) monks and warriors. One probably doesn't need more of a buff.
    At some future point, somebody in Admin will look at the forging/weaponry system and say "...dafuq?". I'm happy to bet in favour of that eventuality.
  • Purify is a broken wonderbraizer effect that breaks a meld room, removes the terrain, and makes it impossible to re-terrain that room for a while. 

• Enya said:
    Purify is a broken wonderbraizer effect that breaks a meld room, removes the terrain, and makes it impossible to re-terrain that room for a while. 

Pretty sure it isn't broken and can currently be used. /s
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    If only it were bugged and unusable. And the fix for said bug was, unfortunately, swept under the rug.

• Artefact Dreamcatcher <working title> 400 credits

Holds twice as many motes
    Refills active motes twice as quickly
    Doesn't decay (obvs)
  • BUMP!

What's your favorite artifact ideas that has not yet been implemented?
    What about rare artifact ideas? (cool artifacts of limited availability)
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What about rare artifact ideas? (cool artifacts of limited availability)
    Scissors of Atropos
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • If limited availability is the angle, why not a design-your-own-hair curio? Could be fins/horns too.
  • By limited availability, we usually mean artifacts only available for like auctions or special promotions. Fins/horns may be a good idea--but I imagine people wouldn't want them limited!
    That upgraded pyramid puzzle would be nice as a limited thing available via not-the-arty-cart.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Alternative to the butcher's harness that automatically pulls any wandering Bards/Scholars/pilgrims as if you'd SAY'd the thing. You'll still need Adalgisio's song for bard potency, or Neeia's pages for scholars. Just a giant sandwichboard that says "Come with me".
  • This could be quirky? An artefact that gives the acquisitio effect but procs twice as frequently and you can programme it to pick up/not pick up certain things.
  • This is a really small thing, but a pocket item that lets me search wares & prices at the aetherplex and my org directory at the same time would be nice. 

This is probably impossible to code but an artifact that makes quests I'm working on take twice as long to reset would be REAL NICE. 
  • After a recent conversation, I have to suggest an artifact that allows you to bundle up and share or gift unneeded lessons. As there are some who just really, really don't need them any more.

You know who you are.
  • I know I posted these before, but would pay for 1) an artefact that increases the size of my treehollow (inb4 sexjokes) and 2) an artefact that removes the wood cost from wyrdenwood defenses OR doubles their longevity.
  • Having a limit across all sap kind of sucks and makes it overly complicated. I would much prefer if everything could be 2000, not 2000  total across all types
  • Bairloch said:
    After a recent conversation, I have to suggest an artifact that allows you to bundle up and share or gift unneeded lessons. As there are some who just really, really don't need them any more.

You know who you are.
    We likely won't implement this as it would be a way to transfer lessons.

However, you can convert unneeded lessons to curio pieces.

CURIO CONVERT LESSONS [CONFIRM] (uses 30 free lessons)
    CURIO CONVERT <ANY|lesson pool> LESSONS [CONFIRM] (uses 30 pooled lessons)
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
  • I would pay a fair bit for a ribbachi analog. While it is an ent it does not afflict and has some RP potential.

Maybe an Id or shadowy spy or somesuch. It'll need its own cloaking ability.

• Ianir said:
    Bairloch said:
    ...an artifact that allows you to bundle up and share or gift unneeded lessons...
    That was kinda the whole point. Why is that a bad thing, again?
    Bairloch said:
    Ianir said:
    Bairloch said:
    ...an artifact that allows you to bundle up and share or gift unneeded lessons...
    That was kinda the whole point. Why is that a bad thing, again?
    IRE Elite gives every one of your characters lessons every day.  Roll up a hundred characters, get 500 lessons a day.  Transfer them to friends / other people to avoid Seconds issues.
  • Sounds like a lot of work. Could put another cost on it to limit that. Anyway, there's a lot of wasted lessons sitting out there. Something could be done with them.
  • Something can be: curios!