On the mechanics of raiding - reflections and brainstorming

1234568»

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited July 2018
    Deichtine said:
    I do like the concept of getting power or something for murdering a raider.

Atm we do get a mechanical reward for killing raiders in the form of family honour but thats limited to people in families.
    Limiting to families that are aligned with the org you're in and limited to the type of family if memory does serve me. Aeldra doesn't get anything for killing people attacking serenwilde as Ladyn is aligned with Celest.

edit: tbh, I'm not a fan of the power thing, but am a bit on the 'its better then nothing' fence there. Like it is a least a bit of a reward.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    edited July 2018
    You know you hit a nerve when you make a vague post based on a rumour and three people flag your post for abuse, plus another org leader pms you to talk to you about it.

Edit: And one of the people who flagged your post actually complains on Facebook about it. And then unfriends you on Facebook.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited July 2018
    Xenthos said:
    Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:
    I've not actually seen a proper celestia raid in some time aside from the failed supermob raid. Most of the fightings on Nil atm.
    I mean, that does tend to happen when you have an opposing org's ascendant feeding you information.

PS: EWHO is pretty great, if you have that artifact.  For all kinds of things.  Shows you any ungemmed person in the entire game, along with room name and plane.
    Totally guessed it was EWHO that caught us out.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Hard to talk about recent with any sense of authority when a few weeks ago all you could do was sit there and rustle, but I digress. I'm sure that's enough to summon the Glomdoring forum flag squad.

As to the rest of your poor brag post, you tend to hit Nil when resistance is low, and the few defenders are either inexperienced or outnumbered with the people you have sat waiting in fulcrux. Any time you've met actual resistance the strategy is to run until you can escape.

Between people complaining about drawbacks for aggressors, attempts to curb excessive "off peak" (for want of a better term) and actual in game experiences against people here. It's hard to take any good faith in this claim of good fights in most of these raids.

P.s. Lol at referring to smob raids as involving strategy. I didn't realised being carried by Glomdoring is considered strategy.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Your perception seems a bit skewed Karlach but thats understandable if you are getting most of your information from second hand sources.

You've not been playing much or taking part in pvp recently. For the folks who are they can clearly see that what your saying isnt really true. Most nil raids the defenders have a strong core group and often outnumber the raiders fairly signifcantly.

Its a pretty common occurance for us to start domoths, absolves or raids with a significant disadvantage in numbers.

We generally scry to see that mags core group is around before starting to raid because whats the point otherwise.

I can understand why you are misinformed.
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Hardly misinformed. I've not been partaking due to RL but still around to watch what goes on, especially through my torus room that lets me watch people hang in the medallion room.

The Supermob raid was done after everyone had logged off.

Absolves are occurring at both populated and non populated hours, hence me not mentioning them.

You're also not involved in every raid, so for the folks who are defending can see that what you're saying isn't really true.

Your attempt to gaslight has been noted though, please continue to prove the accusations of bad faith.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

I hear Glomdoring squads have a special ability to bear two flags at once. It's called Doublestandard.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Need to take what you hear on certain discord channels with a pinch of salt. Folks reporting all the boogy man stuff is generally from people who are still smarting from a loss. Its nice to have a private channel to vent in but don't take it as gospel for your actual news.

But when you have like danquik, nich, avu, daebach, Shango, rolsand, barrin, etc all online plus three or four new folks who are known to help out like vs three or four people raiding. Its like ok there's a sizable group around who can defend sounds like a good time to raid lets go. Three or four of us go and raid and fight who ever shows up.

That's the average raid situation. Sure maybe not everyone shows up. Sometimes there's only four or so main fighters from mag who show us sometimes we see like ten or more. Sometimes the raid draws in more people from our side and our numbers grow.

Certain folks, inc myself step back out of raids when the numbers are too imbalanced.

There isn't any point in an easy win, we want a challenge. We raid when there are enemies around.

Like I was saying to Maligorn that is why we raid nil and not seren or halli. There isn't enough people in seren or halli to fight back most of the time but mag fairly often has a pretty good core group online at various hours.

If you wanted easy fights you'd not be raiding nil vs ripple and twice your number.

• Hell you can even see the evidence. We started that domoth when we had 3v7 online.

The domoth turned into a 3v13 fight which was immensely enjoyable for me.

• But you are right I'm not online for every raid and I can only speak on and behalf of the raids that happen when I am online.
    edited July 2018
    Deichtine said:

Certain folks, inc myself step back out of raids when the numbers are too imbalanced.

I want you to know that I almost fell out of my chair after reading this.

I've literally seen you only show up after your side raids and gets beaten back. I've never, ever seen you leave mid-raid because you outnumber us. Ever.
  • Shaddus said:
    Deichtine said:

I want you to know that I almost fell out of my chair after reading this.

I've literally seen you only show up after your side raids and gets beaten back. I've never, ever seen you leave mid-raid because you outnumber us. Ever.

I do both.

I'll sit back and let my side raid without me to see who shows up. No point joining if only a small group shows up to defend but for sure if a big group of defenders masses I'll join in to balance the teams more.

Like I think it was thursday or friday there was about a 4v8 raid on nil without me and they were getting pushed out so I joined in to balance the numbers.

Or earlier in the week there was four of us raiding vs 3 defenders so I steped back and left it to Ena to have fun without me.
    So it's not really an "imbalanced" thing. You just keep piling people on until the opposing team is beaten back, then you decide that you've won and you go home. 
  • edited July 2018
    “danquik, nich, avu, daebach, Shango, rolsand, barrin“

Danquik, fair. Avu, fair. Me, fair.

Daebach isn’t really a core fighter as he’s JUST finished grabbing every skill like the 100% completionist that he is. Barely has stuff set up.

Shango. Are you serious? I don’t even consider him in any of my calculations.

Rolsand is using my second forms after being Knight forever and is just starting to figure things out. Hell, for a long while he kept messing up my bursts by not announcing his own and leaving me hanging thinking people truehealed.

Barrin? The alliance just happened and hw defends Nil SOMETIMES.

lol. I’m not mad at tactics I just dislike this acting above it all. 

Own up lol

Edit:
    I can see how my raids used to be considered “hit and run and lure” but I would be raiding Valtreth or Celestia while I was Tessenchi and Yendor would come in, then Tarken, then Deichtine. Seriously? Lol. You expect me to not run? I’m not mad you’re rushing to defend not your plane and want PVP but stop making excuses and pretending.

Not a cute look, sis.
  • @Nicholo I actually wasn't speaking about your raids when I was talking about the kick and run. You tended to stay around to fight until the numbers were against you then you bailed which is fair enough. It was others who did it and then went to Nil with a group sitting there.

Also seriously why does every rag on Shango so much. Like atm I personally would consider you Nicholo and Shango the two top individual fighters in Mag right now. Rolsand is good, sure he's just switched class but he puts in more practice and effort than anyone I've seen. I mean Tarken went monk recently and guess what we've done the same error you just described in messing up bursts :D .

Like Avurekhos may be the better leader, which is a totally different set of skills but I'd be more worried about dying in a group with Nicholo/Shango in it than any other 2 mags right now.
  • This thread has deteriorated past the point of being useful.
  • Okay, I'm done watching this. There was (theoretically) useful discussion at first. People just want to snipe at each other now.

Any new threads on this topic that get created will be locked.
    Forum Avatar drawn by our lovely Isune.
This discussion has been closed.