General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Does this help at all? Something like that happened to me a few years ago and Recuva managed to find a few of the files for me. It's been years though, I just faintly remembered it after reading your post. Best of luck, @Stratas.
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    Stratas said:
    Thanks @Sylandra. I gave Recuva a try, and after a 10 hour deep scan I managed to recover a few things. Not a lot, but it's still something, so I appreciate the suggestion. If nothing else, it's cheered me up, and I might try to salvage what I can and start again on everything else.
    If I may offer a bit of advise for the future, mudlet has a few functions to sync things into files ( the modules tab, can give detailed instructions when at home ). I personally use this to sync my combat code and other "hours upon hours of work into this" things of my profile into a git repository that I regularly push to another machine. You similarly easily could sync it into a dropbox folder or similar, just something that gets automatically backed up to somewhere safe regularly to avoid further incidents like this in the future. Technically syncing your whole profile would be better, but I know full well how lazy one can be when it comes to backups <.<

Also, feel your pain on data loss. been there, done that, though not specifically lusty related.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    What a bloody shambles today has been :-(

Found out this morning that my cousin was hit in a hit-and-run and may not survive (he is in a pretty bad state), then to top it off, got a call not long after from my girlfriend saying that there was an attempted robbery at her work.  Thankfully the robbers seemed to have no idea what the hell they were doing and didn't actually get away with any money, plus none of the staff got hurt.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    edited July 2018
    Took a turn too sharp on my bike and hit a curb. Skinned my left knee, twisted (we think) my right ankle, jolted my wrist pretty bad, and my front wheel isn't turning like it should above a certain speed, but nothing else seems to be damaged so far.

Always wear protective gear, kids.
  • I shipped out cookies to friends. One box made it, all the way across the country. The closer one?

"Hi, we found this shipping label without a box, here's the label back." They ate. My cookies. And sent me back the shipping label. That they cut out from the box. This wasn't like something that can fall off, it's PART OF THE BOX. And now I'm sitting here angry about the cookies not making it to my friend and here I am with a shipping label and a letter. Because they can't eat the letter that was inside, that got back to me also.

>:( >:( >:(
    Bookbinder by trade! Designer of most other things.

• What the flying duck, contact your congressmen, seriously.
    If they are a private business then find their general counsil and co tact them with a  threat to sue if people aren't fired.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Anita said:
    Just did all my garden up pretty with new plants, they're all taking root and starting to do well.... been told that we might have a hosepipe ban and also to ration water because of the insane heatwave Ireland is now getting. My poor plants D:
    Leave out a bucket for rain water (Seriously please rain we are melting.), fill a bucket when you have a shower etc. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • That requires rain :(

You can still use a watering can orr if you want to you can resure sink water.
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Been having trouble sleeping lately. Likely not helped by the upstairs neighbor's 0630 and 1830 exercise routine, or the 0800 CAR FREAKING ALARM. I hate this apartment and third shift.
  • Kendra said:
    Anita said:
    Just did all my garden up pretty with new plants, they're all taking root and starting to do well.... been told that we might have a hosepipe ban and also to ration water because of the insane heatwave Ireland is now getting. My poor plants D:
    Leave out a bucket for rain water (Seriously please rain we are melting.), fill a bucket when you have a shower etc. 
    What rain? :joy: We haven't had rain for the last 4 weeks now. Not one drop, at least in Limerick. I heard there was rain in Cork yesterday but..hosepipe ban is in place. Minimal water being used in the watering can to keep some plants going.
  • Anita said:
    Kendra said:
    Anita said:
    What rain? :joy: We haven't had rain for the last 4 weeks now. Not one drop, at least in Limerick. I heard there was rain in Cork yesterday but..hosepipe ban is in place. Minimal water being used in the watering can to keep some plants going.

We had a few drops in Wales...just to tease us. We are back to 'Burn-baby-burn', now. 
    Moon Priestess Ridien says, "The blood of an animal, however, can also be a tool. Consider fetishes -
    - efficient, powerful tools created by ecologists. It is exactly as Kendra says -- a tool of bones 
    and blood that has been magnified, changed, enchanted. Made into a tool."
  • It's raining right now where i am. I live in a desert.
    *cackleflee*
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    would gladly offfer some rain across the pond to the isles. We are right now drowning in that stuff <.<
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • SEND ME RAIN :joy:
  • I think Monsoon Season is about to start if nit this month then the next, which is always fun. Going from from clear skies to 'WHERE DID ALL THIS ****ING RAIN COME FROM?' in a short time span for a few months in a row
  • So I am staying in Antwerp for a week, decided to make use of the green alternative of rental bikes. I am now covered in cuts and scrapes and have a swollen knee because someone decided to cross the bike lane without warning.
  • An unknown party has been setting garages in the neighborhood on fire, so that's... exciting

Thankfully we have a brick garage... and if they did set it alight they'd release the vengeful spirits that possess the creepy dolls that came with it
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    My wife worries about money allll the time. If I work less than 58 hours a week,  my wife worries that we're gonna starve or be homeless or something. This conversation happened to me today.

My wife, in quotation marks. Me without them.

"Hey, great news! Our son got accepted into the local college for Nuclear (insert something here), and he starts in August."

Great!

"Yeah, he's got an orientation today and gets assigned a dorm."

Awesome! What scholarships and grants did he get?

"Uh, a Pell Grant."

Awesome, what else?

"I dunno, some kinda scholarship."

Uh, our son was a C student if he was lucky. 

"Well, he starts in August, gotta take him to his meeting. Bye!'

....well ok.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm done with life for this month, wake me up when shit is better
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Luce said:
    Took a turn too sharp on my bike and hit a curb. Skinned my left knee, twisted (we think) my right ankle, jolted my wrist pretty bad, and my front wheel isn't turning like it should above a certain speed, but nothing else seems to be damaged so far.

Update time!

Bike is to be considered totalled and unsafe to ride. Mechanic find that the neck of the frame connecting the handlebars to the front wheel post is bent beyond repair. Alas, poor Umbra, we knew ye not. May choirs of Hell's Angels rev thee to thy rest.
  • Luce said:
    Luce said:

Update time!

Bike is to be considered totalled and unsafe to ride. Mechanic find that the neck of the frame connecting the handlebars to the front wheel post is bent beyond repair. Alas, poor Umbra, we knew ye not. May choirs of Hell's Angels rev thee to thy rest.
    If the rest of the hardware is still good you can sometimes find bikeframes used online relatively cheap. But if your frame is that messed up I'm gonna guess there is other damage as well. If you're just gonna grab a new bike I like the Giant hybrids but usual first reaction seeing one of those people think you need new tires, hybrids just aren't common enough.

I reread do you mean the fork is messed up or the frame itself? 
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Allixea said:
    Luce said:
    Luce said:

Update time!

If the rest of the hardware is still good you can sometimes find bikeframes used online relatively cheap. But if your frame is that messed up I'm gonna guess there is other damage as well. If you're just gonna grab a new bike I like the Giant hybrids but usual first reaction seeing one of those people think you need new tires, hybrids just aren't common enough.

I reread do you mean the fork is messed up or the frame itself? 
    The frame being bent was the biggest concern (in total, the way it was explained is that the neck of the frame being bent caused damage to the brake line and the fork, and the constant pressure on the brake messed up other things.) Though I feel I should mention is that this was a 150cc scooter/motorcycle rather than a bicycle.
  • I had about eight flower sprouts in a pot outside my door. Not flowers yet, just seedlings. Yesterday I checked, and they're all gone, roots and everything. If it was an animal, I would expect to see torn plant pieces/dirt scattered. If it was a person, then this is a truly bizarre theft.

So frustrating since I don't know what happened, I don't know what to do to prevent it.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Maybe some kind of gopher or something that eats down to the roots?

Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Do I remember to tell the technician drawing my blood for labs today that I don't do well with needles and should probably be lying down? Of course not. Thankfully I didn't pass out. Just almost passed out. That would have been bad.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Shaddus said:
    Maybe some kind of gopher or something that eats down to the roots?

Heh, I don't think gophers usually climb in pots to the second floor. The only theory I've heard is that birds plucked them all out, which seems... remarkably neat, for birds. But I can't imagine why a human would, either.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I am about to go to on a 3-week vacation with multiple one-way flights. The $1400 laptop I bought less than two years ago has a lithium battery that has expanded to the point where I functionally cannot use the keyboard, which I'm told is ... dangerous. Definitely going to leak battery acid, might explode kind of dangerous. So I'm going to go buy a chromebook and I guess use nexus until I figure out how to get linux on it? UGHHHH.