Simple Ideas

Comments

• AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    edited June 2018
    Can we make aquagoria a little more of a meaningful place to travel to? If you've done the quest having the bubblix seems totally and utterly pointless. Plus its bought with goop.

And yes, I just got it as an ultimate present and am rather sad on that.

edit: should probably make a bit more of a sensical statement. Every other bubble in the game has some feature to it, that makes it worth visiting, even if its just in the case that you're having a specific target in mind that the bubble helps with. Some bubbles are good with bashing or influencing on a side and all of them are either in flares or domoth or both, leaving aquagoria the odd one out. Hence my thoughts on that.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • Hello! This have probably already been suggested or someone decided it not possible. But I would love it if hunting companions were beasts. Or that we had the ability to make custom beasts act as bonds.

I know the two are probably unrelated code wise but I can dream dammit.
  • Would be OP, as you could have your beast move independently of you and do beast things. Unless you added a 'same room only' clause to all beast abilities, and a 'not while mounted' clause to all companion movement. It'd generally be very messy.
  • Wouldn't be that OP, there are several ways to get a beast to do beast things independently of you already. Beast abilities.... already have a same room only clause in them, I don't understand anything about your post. 
  • The deal with hunting companions, the big thing, the thing that makes them so special... is that you can order them to move around and do things even when they're not in the same room. If you add that capacity to a beastmastery beast, it would be OP. As a random example: Order beast into the next room over, gust, then move back. You've just given a beckon analog to trackers and ecologists. If you can mount your hunting companion, and use the companion movement order to move them, do you... go with? Become dismounted? Stay mounted with your beast in another room? Is it limited by celerity? (Hunting companions normally aren't, they can zoom around at light speed). It'd be messy.

I'm not saying that it's impossible to make work in a balanced and reasonable way. I'm just saying it would be a lot of work.
  • edited July 2018
    I'm an ecologist, hi!

Allowing bonds to be trained using the beastmastery skill wouldn't suddenly expand the BOND syntax, which is what allows using (some) bond effects at range. There are beasts we have that can be ordered to move around and do (some) things when you aren't in the same room: that's a massive part of what a custom pet is. Making it possible to train bonds with the beastmastery skillset has (some) problems, but none of them are the scenario you've described with ranged beastmastery attacks. 

Don't think it should be done, but it wouldn't be OP if it was. 
  • AeldraAeldra , using cake powered flight
    I would love to see some ability to expand the power/bards/scholars/etc challenge to be allowed to skip a day or two before progress expiring. I am not always able to log in every day and sometimes its just RPwise inconvienent to be like 'hey sorry, gotta stop everything and do my bards'. Only a minor thing but I'd appreciate it.
    Avatar / Picture done by the lovely Gurashi.
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Can we have a config option to hide hunger messages now that demigods can get them? I don't care about the buffs, but I'd rather not have to remember to eat just to avoid those messages showing up.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • edited July 2018
    If resolving an issue is going to remove it from being looked at, then maybe the message that it is resolved can contain the text? I just had an issue resolved that references a change to a helpfile without mentioning the name of that file.

Edit: An alternative might be to not delete them right away, but instead add a datetime resolve field and just delete when past 30 days or so.
  • Server-side Defense System Changes Request.

I would like to suggest a different approach going forward.

An issue with changing lines piecemeal is the burden falls on the playerbase to keep updating systems (m&m has a delay in updates). 

My understanding is that defenses are moving into a database, if so, my suggestion is that both sets of lines be added to the database with use of the current lines maintained until a point where the system is ready for rollout and then the fields/tables can be swapped out.

• Tongue stud trading. Pleeeeeeaaaase.
  • Versalean said:
    You quickly unwrap a present wrapped in bubble paper, which sprays glittering silver dust and
    cheerful confetti into the air, and grin enormously upon receiving 7 Curios and 26 sips of the 
    poison anatine.

Would love a syntax that lets you see any curios you've received in the last (hour?). e.g., CURIOS LIST RECENT
    Given all the 'we can't just display what you get responses of the past' I've never understood why they can't just be placed in a package that does seem to display the results when opened.
  • Kinda feel that some modifier on the term presents would be nice. Giftbag (used in other games) doesn't seem as subject to misunderstanding. Even some adjective before 'present' would make it clearer that it always referred to one thing. We have a bit of tradition of this being the case now. But up to now there were always people wondering what was meant.

• I don't understand what you mean? What people thinking "presents" means? Can you give an example of what you mean by "modifier"?
  • edited August 2018
    Not sure if this is a simple idea or not, wasn't sure which thread to put this on. So, my idea is to add an option to transfer Vernal Ascendancy from one VA to a new one. I imagine that such a ritual would still need full support from the ruling council. My thoughts are that there is some kind of ritual where the current VA and his chosen successor meet with the ruling council and any member of the city/commune present and through a ritual the ascendancy magics leave the ascendant and transfer to the successor. I think it would be useful should one of the city/commune's Vernal Ascendants wish to go dormant or step back from the whole conflict scene. It's just a thought. (Please please please don't rip me to shreds for this)
  • There is a mechanic for that, an org can descend a VA to recover some of the power lost and lower the power cost for raising a new VA. This is marked by characters showing as "Vernal Demigods", like @Sondayga or @Rivius
  • I'm aware of that, I was just thinking it would be a more fun rp way to transfer the power.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    You could always RP it that way anyway, mostly, though impossible to time it without all the circle on at once to ascend the new VA. Hmm.

• Lavinya said:
    You could always RP it that way anyway, mostly, though impossible to time it without all the circle on at once to ascend the new VA. Hmm.
    Why would they all need to be online? They don't currently.
  • LavinyaLavinya Queen of Snark Australia
    Yeah I was thinking she could do the final vote to descend and then they'd start the votes to raise but you're absolutely right, you could have them both ready - make CL final vote on descending the old and raising the new and you could absolutely RP it out and have it happen pretty much simultaneously.

• With how little Hexangle and Pentangle cost (just 5 sips worth of magicink each), can they be made to last until the staff decays (making them permanent if the staff already is.), instead of the couple days that it currently is?
  • Ayisdra said:
    With how little Hexangle and Pentangle cost (just 5 sips worth of magicink each), can they be made to last until the staff decays (making them permanent if the staff already is.), instead of the couple days that it currently is?
    At the very least you should be able to reapply them. I don't even give them to new folk since they'll just get frustrated in not getting them when they run out.
  • Why aren't the triple junction brews liquids? I feel like it would be easier if I could just fill a vial with them all.
  • Because they were originally sold as individual bottles for... it was either a raffle or a lottery. Can't recall which.
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Is it canon for a manse aetherbubble to have a populated village that existed before the adventurer came to live in it?
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.
  • @xeii I'd like to piggyback on your question here a bit - what IS the relationship between aethermanses/ships and canon? Obviously they are IC and there are rules but I would love to read IC information about what they are, how a character comes to possess one, etc... Algontherines (and the eggs we buy) make perfect sense, and I feel like I know how to navigate that, but I'm not sure about the manses themselves.
  • Definitely not a simple idea ;) But a really interesting question - might be worth making a thread in Common Ground?
  • Aaand I now realize I'd actually meant to post in simple questions. Oops  :D 
    "May this be the first of many new experiences for you, Heart of the Crescendo," Czixi says, smile quirking. "The future is an exciting place."

https://estelss16.deviantart.com/, visit if interested.