SSC vs M&M

I was told that the SSC is better than M&M but im treally not liking how limited SSC feels in customizability.  Is M&M still a viable choice if I really do not like SSC? IF not then I guess I will just avoid combat in general as I really do not like SSC atm. 

Why exactly is SSC seen as better than M&M? 

Comments

• edited August 2018
  • So most (if not all) big combatants aren't using SSC by itself. MMF is probably viable with modifications but it won't be updated as quickly as SSC for changes that could be system breaking.

The good things about SSC are:
    1) it's something that every player has easy access to and works regardless of client. No download, coding, or purchase needed
    2) SSC works right out of the box. Just turn it on and it works, no complicated setup, no keeping track of ID numbers or setting sip percentages. Part of the reason SSC came to be is because curing was so complicated everyone needed a system anyway so why not cut out the (majority of) having to have a system and just let everyone cure.
    3) SSC is serverside and therefore faster than MMF/whatever else at curing

What is it that you don't like about SSC/can't customize to your liking? SSC is actually pretty customizable and I basically use SSC with MMF as a supplement. SSC does most of my curing and MMF handles stuff like instakills and defenses.
  • I come from achaea so I assume <&M works alot like SVO did there in that you could even priortise healing priorities. Something im nt finding as an option in the SSC of Lusternia. I had found atleast ways in Achaea people would notice how most people priotised curing and would try to abuse that so by tweaking prioties a bit it could throw a wrench in thier kill strat. It has been ages (real life years) since I even played achaea so maybe they have a SSC too now I dont know.

But from what your saying it sounds like Mixing M&M with SSC would work?  if albiet less flexible than what im used to having?
  • There... aren't really curing priorities in Lusternia in the form you'd be used to from Achaea. The only thing is focusing cures, which lets you spend some resource (power, beast balance, or a longer cure balance) to ensure curing one particular affliction. The ability to prioritize this IS in SSC. However, you will need skills to make use of those choices, which might be why it doesn't seem to be there for you. 

The benefit of M&M right now is that it helps you to upkeep defenses, and do some metacuring type things like handle parrying/stancing, use power cures, allheale, and stuff like that. 
  • Alright few things:

First you can customise autocuring pretty well.

Check out:
    DO:
    autocuring MODIFY IceQueue
    autocuring MODIFY Dustqueue
    etc
    only ice has a list in it as default but you can prio the others easily enough for example:

do "AUTOCURING MODIFY DUSTQUEUE S rigormortis focus, scabies focus, aff"

Now you'll always cure rigormortis first. (assuming you know you have it)

Curing here works in a fundamentaly different way to other IRE games. For eg 1 herb (dust) cures all herb cures.

Lets say you have all the herb cure afflictions on you and you eat dust. What happens is you will randomly cure 1 dust affliction.

But you can "prio" afflictions by using focus. Beast focus, normal focus or power focus.

Lets say you do EAT DUST FOCUS RIGORMORTIS that means if you have every single herb aff on you you will cure rigormortis first.

Normal focus= costs 1.5 balance
    Power focus= normal herb balance but costs 1 power.
    Beast focus=normal herb balance but uses beast balance as well

Use autocuring for your main proper curing. MM is out of date and has some issues, eg it cures faeleaf to cure blind and faeleaf no longer does jack for you.

Thats the quick version. If you need more details help in setting up autocuring let me know.
  • Secondly mixing autocuring and MM is a great idea.

MM like I said is a bit sucky for actual direct curing but it has a solid defup and keepup def system to keep importan defs like (speed/quicksilver) going on you.

Autocuring doesn't handle defs at all atm.

It's pretty common for people to have the mm system on and autocuring running at the same time. Disable mm from doing curing functions and let it stick to just doing defs and other useful stuff.

MM has a bunch of really nice features in it that are not related to defs/curing as well. So even if autocuring had full defups which it doesnt I'd still want mm on for a bunch of useful utility stuff.

----------

Alright now quick way to set up mm and autocuring is:

1. download mm https://github.com/m-mf/m-mf/releases I want to say stick with the allclass version.

Some of the class specific ones may work alright but theres known bugs with some. Basically I know for sure allclass version works perfect. I don't know about each individual class one. They may work they may not.

Set up mm via package manager.

Put it in via package manager and you'll now have an alias. Do "ignoreall on" and pop thats your system set up.

3. Go through mm's defup and keepup functions to set up your class specific defs as you need.

4. Fight.

• The queues at the bottom of your SSC settings can get fairly complicated. SSC M ELIXIRQUEUE being one of the more complicated ones. One difference in Achaea and Lusternia with curing is that our affs are pretty much put into 4 categories and therefore we have fewer cure balances. You can look at the affs, categories and cures with AFFS LIST and then AFFS INFO <aff>.