The wedding of Rohilla & Doman

You follow Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth to A shadowy foyer with intricately carved walls.
Zef has entered the area.
Zef follows you ether.
Rohilla has entered the area.

Shaddus tilts back his head and inhales deeply while twitching a wolf's snout.

A shadowy foyer with intricately carved walls.
A frisky hound origami stands here. In the shape of an open palm, a metallic sigil lies here.
Bearing a series of clarion bells, a fine rack of varnished rosewood hangs upon the nearby wall. Its
door shut for the sake of company, a tidy butler's closet blends nicely into the wall here. Count
Zef n'Kylbar, Harbinger of Dark Ascendance is here. He wields a dragonhead battle hammer in his left
hand and a gleaming massive battle hammer in his right. Viscountess Rohilla D'Cente, Seamstress of
the Damned floats here with a dream-like quality, her form shrouded in a perfumed, lavender mist.
She wields a Thaxian greatsword with both hands. Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary is here.
Ritualist of Undeath, Vinra is here, shrouded. Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken
Teeth hovers in midair, borne upon a bank of sickly, coiling black smog. He wields an omnibus of
blackened iron in his left hand and the Corrupted Staff of the Soulless in his right.
You see exits leading north (closed door), east (closed door), and west (closed door).

You discern:
You are standing in an aether manse.
Your environment conforms to that of aether.
You are in the Aetherways.
You are indoors.
You are currently in The Rohko Refuge.
This location is tuned to Rohilla.

Curwa arrives in a cone of sparkling light.

Rohilla hugs Curwa compassionately.

"Be right back!" Rohilla cries.

Curwa curtseys gracefully before Rohilla.

Rohilla opens the walnut door to the west.

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "Is this the place?"

Rohilla drifts off to the west, her form trailing wisps of perfumed, lavender mist.
You sense the passage of Rohilla to the west with a floppy pair of bunny ears.

The walnut door to the west closes abruptly.

Doman nods his head at Shaddus.

Shaddus curls his nose up and grimaces awfully.

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "It suffices for now. Palm, please."

The walnut door to the west is opened from the other side.

Wisps of lavender mist drift in from the west, trailing dreamily about the perfumed form of Rohilla.

Rohilla closes the walnut door to the west.

Rohilla nods her head sagely.

Doman folds his wings around his body, wrapping himself in a feathered embrace.

Shaddus clears his throat at you.

Viscountess Rohilla D'Cente, Seamstress of the Damned smiles and says, "Sorry, needed to change
clothes."

Shaddus drops 10 cherry-banana cheesecakes slice topped with rum-lime meringue flambe.

Shaddus drops 23 savoury butternut squash pies.

You drop a palm sigil.

Shaddus drops 3 exceptionally pungent skunk-shaped durian cookies.

Rohilla's mouth turns up as her face breaks into a smile.

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "Are we expecting anyone else?"

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says, "Not to my knowledge."

Viscountess Rohilla D'Cente, Seamstress of the Damned says, "I don't believe so, no."

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "Very well."

It is now the 12th of Estar, 508 years after the Coming of Estarra.

Clearing his throat, Shaddus moves to the center of the room. Beckoning Doman and Rohilla forward,
he waits expectantly.

Doman smiles a bit, stepping forward with confident ease.

Rohilla steps towards Shaddus, smiling softly.

Shaddus taps his staff on the ground twice as if calling attention to himself, glaring at the two
before looking over their heads at the rest of the gathered crowd. "Dearly beloved, random people of
the Basin. We are gathered here today to wed these two in matrimony." he murmurs, finally giving a
small smile.

A shadowy foyer with intricately carved walls.
Shadows fill every nook and corner of this octagonal room, barely fought back by the light of dim
candles placed in a sconce on every wall and the dim glow of a low-crackling fireplace. The walls
are alternating panels of moonhart and ravenwood, intricately carved with scenes of roiling oceans
at storm. On the southern walls, a great squid erupts from the waves, its body lacquered blood-red
and its eyes carved of inset amethyst. It stretches, tentacles unfurling over the fireplace across
three panels, a ravenwood flanked by moonhart on either side. The vaulted ceiling of the room seems
to collect an impenetrable shadow, but when the light from the fireplace dances a certain way, a
faint glimmer of glass hints at an unused chandelier. To the north, a carving of a wrecked Celestian
warship surrounds a sturdy wooden door, a wrought-iron plaque reading simply "Rohilla". To the east,
the sun rises over a rocky outcropping, piercing through thick clouds. This carving surrounds
another sturdy wooden door, this one bearing a brass plaque that reads simply "Vinra". A monolithic
tower rising from a bare, desolate island has been carved on the western wall, a walnut door serving
as its entrance. The carpet of the chamber is short and blood red. A frisky hound origami stands
here. There are 2 palm sigils here. Bearing a series of clarion bells, a fine rack of varnished
rosewood hangs upon the nearby wall. Its door shut for the sake of company, a tidy butler's closet
blends nicely into the wall here. There are 4 huge rum-soaked cup cake drizzled with a green glazes
here. There are 3 matcha tea cake with shiso mousse and pomegranate fillings here. There are 3
cherry-banana cheesecakes slice topped with rum-lime meringue flambe here. There are 3 stargazy pies
here. There are 5 slice of dawning sky pies here. There are 4 strawberry rhubarb pies here. There
are 3 savoury butternut squash pies here. There are 4 starry night pies here. There are 4 maple-
blueberry pies here. There are 3 exceptionally pungent skunk-shaped durian cookies here. Minister
Curwa is here. Viscountess Rohilla D'Cente, Seamstress of the Damned floats here with a dream-like
quality, her form shrouded in a perfumed, lavender mist. Ritualist of Undeath, Vinra is here,
shrouded. Count Zef n'Kylbar, Harbinger of Dark Ascendance is here. He wields a dragonhead battle
hammer in his left hand and a gleaming massive battle hammer in his right. Unchained Prelate Shaddus
Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth hovers in midair, borne upon a bank of sickly, coiling black smog.
He wields an omnibus of blackened iron in his left hand and the Corrupted Staff of the Soulless in
his right. Doman is here, his feathered wings wrapped around himself. You see a sign here
instructing you to use the PORTAL command to enter the aetherplex system.
You see exits leading north (closed door), east (closed door), and west (closed door).

You see the following people here:
Curwa, Rohilla, Vinra, Zef, Shaddus, Doman, Anita.

Rohilla:
She is a fiendish archlich brood viscanti demigoddess changeling. She stands at a stalwart five and
a half feet tall. Her skin is smooth and mostly bright-red, with deep-blue markings running from the
corners of her mouth down her neck and chest, and on the undersides of her arms, wrists, and palms.
From her forehead juts a pair of horn-like protrusions, the same bright red as her skin, and long,
jet black hair cascades from her scalp in loose, flowing curls down to her lower back. Her face is
symmetrical and shockingly beautiful, with high cheekbones, full purple lips, and aquiline nose, and
almond shaped emerald eyes. A pair of pointed feline ears jut from either side of her head. Her body
is curvy and womanly, but athletic. A hairless red cat-like tail sways behind her, a clear indicator
of her emotional state.
Her sheer, sable hair is smooth and glossy, with long, even bangs. Her hair falls nearly to her
waist in a silky curtain, perfectly straight and even.
She is wearing:
a brown-banded pin
an antique clockwork cameo
a glowing gold tongue stud
high-heeled, knee length boots
a rugged military backpack
a vampire squid pin
crystal coconut prayer beads
a clover-etched sapphire brooch
a clover-etched sapphire brooch
a clover-etched turquoise brooch
a clover-etched diamond brooch
a clover-etched bloodstone brooch
a clover-etched amethyst brooch
a thin turquoise band
an etched beryl ring
a pulsating powerplex jewel of variegated colours
a black scarf of wool
a sheer lacy black full length gown.

You look at a sheer lacy black full length gown that Rohilla is wearing:
Black silk lace is crocheted into a floral pattern to make up this sheer
gown. Its low v-neck leaves little to the imagination. The sleeves end
just above the elbow, and its open back ends at a point just below the
hips. The gown itself fits tight on the figure to just below the hips,
where it flares out around the legs, brushing the ground. Crushed opals
are encrusted heavily across the chest outlining the floral pattern; on
the sweeping skirt the stones are merely dusted.

Doman:
He is a feathered trill harmonious demigod changeling and appears laidback. Lean, muscled, and with
bright feathers, this Trill has striking emerald eyes that take in everything around him. His wings
occasionally twitch and stretch, seemingly acting on their own and shifting the air in the area.
He's a bit over seven feet tall, with feathers resembling that of a tropical bird. He has a few
noticeable scars around his neck, which are mostly hidden by his clothing. Tattooed on his face is
an illustration of a third eye of swirling colours.
Resembling an entity from the cosmic planes, his head is wreathed in undulating strands of
shimmering cosmic fire. Attuned to his moods, the chromatic waves are in constant flux, from rising
up in a halo of incandescent anger to streaming back in ripples of pleasure.
He is wearing:
a snobby snoot
a clover-etched coral brooch
the Holy Helm of Avechna
Nirvana's Lament
a resplendent amberlight blossom
a clover-etched bloodstone brooch
a moonlight diamond ring of lacy wind wisps
an etched ruby ring
a black scarf of wool
an impeccable steel-grey suit
highly polished dress shoes.

You look at an impeccable steel-grey suit that Doman is wearing:
Classic lines and refined, precise angles integrate harmoniously in this
gentlemanly suit, impeccably tailored from finespun steel-grey
broadcloth to foster a distinguished appearance and streamlined,
balanced silhouette when worn. The sharp, well-cut jacket is skilfully
structured with firm, sharp-cornered shoulders and a fitted waist to
enhance the impression of a broad-shouldered, tapering figure, with
narrow, peaked lapels, side vents, and a lustrous black silk lining
adding subtle, sophisticated grace notes. The straight, crisply pleated
trousers descend smoothly in a fluid, uninterrupted flow of supple
steel-grey broadcloth, culminating in deep cuffs just past the ankle. A
rich blue satin vest and matching pocket square deftly folded within the
breast pocket lend colour and elegance over a pristine, snowy white
shirt topped with a gleaming silver cravat. Adorning the jacket sleeves,
a pair of twinkling sapphire cufflinks sculpted to resemble blossoming
roses provides a brilliant finishing touch to this debonair, yet
dignified ensemble.

The corners of Rohilla's mouth turn up as she grins mischievously.

"Marriage is an endurance trial. What it brings to those who dabble in it depends on how hard they
work on it, what they invest in their relationship." Shaddus continues, narrowing his eyes at
Rohilla, then Doman. "Wedding is not a game, or something to throw away when you get bored with it."

Scowling, Shaddus leans close to Doman. "So don't make me drop you in a chasm."

Shaddus cracks his knuckles loudly.

Rohilla nods solemnly as she listens, giggling softly.

Vinra hides a grin behind her hand.

Doman flutters his eyelashes at Shaddus.

Brightening considerably, Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "Now that
that's out of the way, do the two of you have any sort of vows you wish to give? Doman?"

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says, "Yes."

Shaddus nods his head at Doman.

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says, "Rohilla...after the loss of my last marriage, I genuinely
did not expect to ever truly love again. That is not hyperbole, and it's not for dramatic effect. I
truly expected to live out the rest of my days wandering without ever finding someone who anchored
me again...until I met you. It was sudden, and it happened far faster than I ever dreamed, but I
fell in love with you far more deeply than I was even prepared to consider. After that, more and
more joy has come into my life, not the least of which is our dear Vinra. I can only hope that
things continue as they have, because it has already come to the fact that I could not imagine my
life without you."

Shaddus nods once to Doman with acceptance, turning to Rohilla.

Tears forming in the corners of her eyes despite her bright smile, Rohilla says "Doman... It feels
like we've been together forever. I can barely remember before you, dearest. Never did I think a
chance encounter in the aetherplex, a random hello, could change everything so much!" She stops to
pull out a handkerchief and dab the corners of her eyes with it. "When I met you, I had walls up. I
wouldn't permit myself to love you fully because of other priorities. But you, my dearest love,
through endless patience and loving support, drew me out from a place that was far darker than I
realized, and together with you I've been the happiest I've been in my entire life. You and out
darling daughter give me reason, and I can't wait to spend the rest of our lives together."

A hint of dust forms at the corner of Shaddus' eye, which he wipes away with a scowl and a silken
handkerchief. Giving another nod, Shaddus turns back to the group. "These two wish to take on a bond
which will change their lives, putting their resources together and working as one to further their
goals and strengthen themselves. I see no reason why they should not be allowed to do so, and anyone
else who does can jump out the window of the manse. Does anyone have anything to say?"

Curwa smiles broadly at the bride and groom, but shakes her head at Shaddus.

Turning to Doman, Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "It seems not.
Doman Trueflight. Do you give your vow to protect and honour Rohilla until the Fates rip you from
the Tapestry and cast you into the Void?"

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says, "I think it will take more than that to take me away from
her, but yes, I so swear."

"It had damn well better." Shaddus murmurs, giving Doman a smile before turning to Rohilla. "Rohilla
d'Cente. Do you give your own to protect and honour Doman until the Souless devour the First World,
your body shielding his in defiance of your and his impending, Final Death?"

Rohilla nods emphatically. "I do," she says, "and hope to choke the Souless on the way down."

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "By the power invested in me by Lord
Thax, the Machine, I now pronounce you husband and wife."

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth looks skeptical and says, "You may
tastefully press your lips together or something."

Doman leans into Rohilla and kisses her long and tenderly.

Rohilla gazes at Doman before slowly leaning forward to kiss him deeply.

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says to Shaddus, "Thank you."

Curwa gives up a round of applause.

Shaddus claps his hands together merrily.

Vinra claps her hands together merrily.

Zef gives up a round of applause.

Viscountess Rohilla Trueflight, Seamstress of the Damned says to Shaddus, "Thank you very much!"

Count Zef n'Kylbar, Harbinger of Dark Ascendance says, "Congratulations to you both."

Rohilla flashes Zef a joyous smile.

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth says, "Thank you all for coming. There are
some pastries sitting around, for those interested."

Unchained Prelate Shaddus Trueflight, of the Broken Teeth looks skeptical and says, "Don't smell the
cookies."

You give a little honey cake to Viscountess Rohilla Trueflight, Seamstress of the Damned.

You give a little honey cake to Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary.

You lay out a spread of your finest cuisine and delicacies before your guests. Enjoying the food
yourself, you delight even more at the sight of everyone indulging themselves in this epicurian
feast, eating and drinking until utterly satiated. The fine meal not only lifts your spirits, but
enhances your body as well.

Curwa picks up a stargazy pie.

Rohilla flashes you a joyous smile.

Shaddus calls out "Thank you."

Viscountess Rohilla Trueflight, Seamstress of the Damned says to you, "Thank you!"

Rohilla quickly devours a little honey cake.

Curwa puts her nose over a stargazy pie and inhales.

Your mouth turns up as your face breaks into a smile.

Doman picks up a cherry-banana cheesecake slice topped with rum-lime meringue flambe.

Doman quickly devours a creme caramel cheesecake.

Curwa tentatively sticks out her tongue and licks a stargazy pie.

You say, "Congratulations to you both."

Curwa quickly devours a stargazy pie.

Shaddus looks about himself, rubbing his chin thoughtfully.

Shaddus scowls miserably.

Rohilla thanks you profusely.

Her eyes wide and watery, Vinra says to Doman and Rohilla, "Congratulations!"

Vinra beams broadly at Rohilla.

Rohilla hugs Vinra compassionately.

Doman Trueflight, Martial Visionary says to Vinra, "Yer bout to be officially stuck with us too."

Rohilla giggles happily.

Vinra giggles happily.

Minister Curwa says to Vinra, "Congratulations to you too."

[then I had to leave]

Comments