Simple questions?

Comments

• Is there some trick I'm missing to starting the Taerin passages quests or are they being a bit funky right now?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Good question!  I tried to figure that out with Yendor yesterday and nothing leaped out at me either.

Having that same issue with Ethildora too.  "Bring me my brother's corpse!"  /give corpse.  "Bring me that same corpse!"   Okay then.
  • Can someone from a different org do the power quests for any other org?
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • I've heard that you can't put anything in a nexus that isn't yours. So if that's true then no outsiders can do the Glom power quest. But they could do most of it and hand off to finish I think.
  • Yendor said:
    I've heard that you can't put anything in a nexus that isn't yours. So if that's true then no outsiders can do the Glom power quest. But they could do most of it and hand off to finish I think.
    Never heard of this. Pretty sure its bubkis. 
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• edited July 2018
    Yendor said:
    I've heard that you can't put anything in a nexus that isn't yours. So if that's true then no outsiders can do the Glom power quest. But they could do most of it and hand off to finish I think.
    That's the one I was wondering about, really, along with Serenwilde's(pretty sure it'd have the same problem?) But I wasn't sure if Brennan(or Miakoda) would give the item needed for the power quest, to someone who isn't in the org. Anyone can do Celest's, I suspect Magnagora's is possible, but I don't remember Gaudiguch's.

Edit: Nevermind, it is possible to do Serenwilde's. For some reason I thought it involved putting something in the nexus also.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Tylwyth said:
    Yendor said:
    Never heard of this. Pretty sure its bubkis. 
    No, it's true. They changed it back when Mag and Celest were last allied because Glom+Seren killed the Demon Lords and turned them in despite Celest not wanting them to do that.
  • edited July 2018
    That makes no sense. You don't just shove the demon lords in to the Pool of Stars your supposed to....
    Huh, whatever.

Edit:just tested and its true, cant put stuff in nonorg nexii.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Tylwyth said:
    That makes no sense. You don't just shove the demon lords in to the Pool of Stars your supposed to....
    Huh, whatever.

Edit:just tested and its true, cant put stuff in nonorg nexii.

Yes you do.  The last step is to put the globe thing into the Nexus.  So by disabling that, they prevented non-org people from weaponizing a different org's conflict 'quest'.
  • I forgot I had to save profiles in Mudlet during the session in order to not lose the alises/etc I saved, and my computer restarted itself in the middle of the night, losing a bunch of convenient aliases and triggers and such (including my whole debating system, woe) so I figured I'd ask here as I try to rebuild it --

Are there a couple of standard strings for "the target puts up a shield" someone could tell me / give me so I don't have to go gather them all, again :( 

Thanks! 
  • My lazy non-optimal patterns:

Going up:
    ^.* mutters and traces a cobalt blue pentagram in the air that remains hovering before \w+\.$<br>^Eyes glowing red, .* bellows and a shield of protection flickers into view around \w+ form\.$
    ^A dizzying beam of energy strikes you as your attack rebounds off of .*'s shield\.$<br>
    Going down:
    ^.*'s action causes the nearly invisible magical shield around \w+ to fade away\.$<font face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif"><br></font>^You raze .*'s magical shield with .*\.$<font face="lucida grande, Lucida Sans Unicode, tahoma, sans-serif"><br></font>^You .* through the air in front of .*, to no effect\.$
  • Why is bound aethergoop? :(
    Versalean said:
    Why is bound aethergoop? :(
    Extra sticky?
  • Is there another trick to remembering what languages I can actually speak? As an illithoid I can understand everything, but can't speak it back right? But if I do SPEAK I get:

You can speak the following languages:<br>The common tongue<br>Dwarven<br>Dracnari<br>Elfen<br>Furrikini<br>Krokanian<br>Aslari<br>Loboshigaru<br>Mugwumpi<br>Merian<br>Orclach<br>Igasho<br>Tae'dae<br>Taurian<br>Lucidian

I don't actually have those languages, though. I picked up Bookbinding and I know I remember learning Elfen, but other languages I may have gotten escape me.

In a pinch, I can attempt SPEAK DWARVEN, SPEAK DRACNARI, etc and just go down the line, but doing that every time I forget is inconvenient. I can just write it down, I suppose, but I'm also kind of asking for any future illithoid that might have the issue.
  • As sticky goop is now the thing for genies, will those lovely cornucopias only give sticky wondercrystals as well?
  • Talk about a stealth nerf to a promo item </3
  • How do you get to Shattered Earth and Glacier Sea?
  • Anita said:
    How do you get to Shattered Earth and Glacier Sea?
    You have to do the Taerin Passages quests, which are currently broken.
  • Those gleaming bracers of broken crystal seem a lot like the glittering feedback field. How do they compare?
    I'm Lucidian. If I don't get pedantic every so often, I might explode.
  • Ayisdra said:
    Anita said:
    How do you get to Shattered Earth and Glacier Sea?
    You have to do the Taerin Passages quests, which are currently broken.
    They seem to only want Merian any time I go to try and do it, which is inconvenient...
  • SazSaz
    edited August 2018
    I lost around 500 credits of retirement value in the past few days without using any credits or trading in an artifact, I'm assuming it has to do with the recent changes but neither I have a clear idea as to what happened nor if I'm the only one that's affected by it directly. I know I should probably just issue this and I will sometime soon.

edit: That's fixed now, thanks Ianir
     "Oh the year was 453CE, how I wish I was in Serenwilde now... aletter of marque come from the regent to the scummiest aethership I ever seen, gods damn them all...I was told we'd cruise the void for auronidion and dust, we'd fire no turrets, shed no tears.. now I'm a broken man on a Hallifax tier, the last of Saz's privateers."

-Kilian
  • Has anyone managed to successfully enchant an aethersuit? I tried it and got "you do not know how to modify enhancements on that item". I've got the greatrobes skill in enchantment, do I need something more? Or is it broken lol
  • Reyl said:
    Has anyone managed to successfully enchant an aethersuit? I tried it and got "you do not know how to modify enhancements on that item". I've got the greatrobes skill in enchantment, do I need something more? Or is it broken lol
    Aethersuit counts as armor, so I believe you need to have a forger add enhancements.
  • Can ur'Traps be moved?
  • Anita said:
    Can ur'Traps be moved?
    Yep! Just not while they're active; you'd either have to wait for the critter or spring it and reactivate it at the new location.
  • Anita said:
    Can ur'Traps be moved?
    Each time you bait, you can place it in any room of the type that the urtrap is for. You can pick up a urtrap early, but you lose the current bait. You can't change (or tradein) the urtrap type and are stuck with it forever.
  • edited August 2018
    Versalean said:
    Anita said:
    Can ur'Traps be moved?
    Yep! Just not while they're active; you'd either have to wait for the critter or spring it and reactivate it at the new location.
    So I just need to go to a new location and use URTRAP # ACTIVATE?

EDIT: so I do. Thanks! I thought I was forever stuck in Serenwilde.
  • Would anyone have the Knowledge Seal questions and answers and any other quizes held on years prior to 2013? I would really appreciate if I could get my hands on them!
  • Is there a way to find out what each of the gnome weapons look like when used?
  • Is there a way to find out what each of the gnome weapons look like when used?
    @ElrynGreythane You'll want to look at this thread here: https://forums.lusternia.com/discussion/3395/dingbat-weapons