A quick proposal to get some feedback and ideas on something we're thinking about implementing.
We currently have a few things we'd like to address.
1) Calcise and Dendroxin have had no effect for quite some time now (probably a couple years at this point?). We'd like to make them useful again.
2) Anatine, which causes clumsiness is hard (impossible?) to get, and pretty vital to warriors and monks offenses.
This proposal would ideally solve both these issues while adding some other useful effects.
1) Clumsiness would no longer stop anti-parry/anti-stance poison. It would instead be repurposed. The goal would be to have it be a strong enough affliction that it becomes a priority to cure in certain situations and be something you want to use at least situationally.
- One option would be to give a pretty hefty damage debuff while afflicted with it (-25/-25?).
- Another option would be to have clumsiness give anyone afflicted with it a natural miss rate that would cause an attack to 'miss' and knock you off bal/eq while afflicted with it.
2) Calcise would become the anti-stancing poison for monks. (It used to give damagedlegs, so it makes sense that it would affect stancing). This would likely remain on slush balance.
3) Dendroxin would become the anti-parrying poison for warriors. ( It used to give damagedarms, so it makes sense that it would affect parrying). This also would remain on slush balance.
Right now, the anti-parry/anti-stance afflictions would likely remain poison-only, but there would be the potential to make them something classes can give natively down the line. This also splits up monks and warriors using the same poison to prevent blocking, and it forces more choice into poison usage for both warriors and monks.
Let us know what you think, good or bad. Please point out any potential issues. If you have good names for the anti-parry/stancing afflictions, feel free to suggest them as well. Based on feedback, we will either work on implementing this or scrapping it all together. We could push it out pretty quickly if it's something that most people approve of.
Thanks for your feedback in advance!