What qualities (not skills or artis) make someone an asset to their team in group PvP?

What abilities or habits can players train in to become more useful to their team in IC group PvP? Obviously certain skills, classes, artis help with combat, but I'm curious about more universal good habits that would show in any of a player's chars.

Here are some things I've heard. Has this been true in people's experience?
  • Understand how to use layouts to your advantage
  • Know the layout of the area / study it beforehand
  • Carry around reserves in case an ally runs out
  • Practice PvP against members of the enemy team so you're more familiar with their strategy/abilities
  • Know enough coding to tweak or modify systems
  • Keep highlighted timers of your allies' and enemies' key abilities so you know when someone's about to be in trouble
  • Know when to prioritize defs that work for the group, not just for you, even if they're weaker for you

Arix said:
Tzaraziko died for your spins

Comments

• The extra reserves would only help if you were almost trans discipline to energylink. Otherwise, you can't share your reserves.
  • The ability to chase and (especially) to follow without needing prompted. Group cohesion is king, and group splitting effects are dangerous precisely because a lot of people aren't very good at getting back with their group, or with chasing someone who's trying to run.
  • I hear knowing when not to chase is equally important, if not moreso.
  • Listen to target calls, know how to avoid getting beckoned/pulled from the group, and know how to path back to your group leader and refollow.

It's really not that hard, but people get way too distracted about using their abilities at the perfect time etc.  The most important thing is to not get picked off (stay with the group) and focus on the correct target, always.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • Ciaran said:
    ...know how to avoid getting beckoned/pulled from the group....
    What's beckoned? /s
  • MaligornMaligorn Windborne
    edited September 2018

although I've been informed that Illuminati finally made it, bois.

• I feel like the most important quality to have as a midbie+ in pvp is learning how your allies are able to kill someone, recognise their methods on the fly/midcombat, and learn how you can assist their kills.
  • Tortuga said:
    I feel like the most important quality to have as a midbie+ in pvp is learning how your allies are able to kill someone, recognise their methods on the fly/midcombat, and learn how you can assist their kills.
    Isn't it interesting that is often the least communicated bit of information? Often, I find myself having to ask people what they need for support.
  • Steingrim said:
    Tortuga said:
    I feel like the most important quality to have as a midbie+ in pvp is learning how your allies are able to kill someone, recognise their methods on the fly/midcombat, and learn how you can assist their kills.
    Isn't it interesting that is often the least communicated bit of information? Often, I find myself having to ask people what they need for support.
    Better target calling?

(Clan XXXXX) Targetting : Kistan       Objective: Mana reduction

PS Do not try targetting Kistan without proper training
  • Been a while since I played, and even longer since I was leading groups, but the standard was to call the first few target priorities and kill strategy before piling in.
    Take great care of yourselves and each other.
  • A simple quick little assignment before hand can be really useful.

You web them, You aeon them, You stun them, Everyone else spam damage.