Is Lusternia just a game?

edited June 2018 in Common Grounds
Read. Vote. Discuss.

Comments

• When people are spending RL money on extra perks that makes you better then the game isn't a game anymore. 
  • I play games, I don't usually talk about them afterwards. But I've had to teach a couple friends about Lusternia just so they'd understand half of my 'so a funny thing happened today' stories. 
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Maligorn said:
    Is this another useless poll? : ^)
    Saw my name on the poll. Doesn't like my polls. Still clicked the link XD

But yes it certainly is another useless poll, my friend :) Since you're here anyway, just relax and have a little fun. Not everything in life needs to be Important.
  • edited June 2018
    Enya said:
    "Just" a game is a loaded question, btw. 
    Then if you think it's asking something that isn't at face value, and with which you disagree, vote No. Or, if you agree with the loaded statement, vote Yes. Or if you think the question isn't fair or that the poll is useless, don't vote!
  • srs business.
  • Lusternia is something different. Lusternia takes the whole, modern approach to gaming, and dropkicks it through a shatterproof door, scrapes up the best pieces, and puts them into something that is almost more like unto art than a game.
  • Yes, but that doesn't really matter. It's what you do with it that matters.
  • edited September 2018
    Yes. 

While it is a game, like WoW many invest a lot of money. But it is an investment for FUN. When it stops becoming a game i.e "No" vote, then it has gone beyond its purpose for your personal entertainment.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Lusternia is a way of life!

No but seriously, lots of implications for me outside the actual realm of the game.
  • I think Lusty is 'just a game' in the same way as the OASIS is just a game.