October Auctions

edited October 2018 in Common Grounds
Hello party people! Oh wait, this isn't Gaudiguch.... do over...

Hello player peoples!

So, auctions were brought up, as we haven't had them in awhile and there was some interest. It was asked that we check on if players want to do a shiny buy fest! 

Suggested items to put up for sale, and potential ways to buy:

* Crit Rune level 4 (credits)
* Boots of Shanth (credits)
* Cement Socks    (credits)
* Wand of Fire      (credits)
* Wand of Ice       (credits)
* Wand of Air       (credits)
* Ring of Vampirism (Cr/gold/Goop)
* Great Rune of the Magi (Credits)
* Amutlet of resurrection (cr and/or goop)
* Hyperpyramid (cr or goop) (maybe 2 of em!)
* Torus (cr or goop or gold) (maybe 2 of em!)
* Immortality for a pet (previously, this allowed a beast to do stupidity, I'd love to see this too, long as it uses normal beast bal). (credits)
* Dolls of Elohora (gold or goop)
* Group of 20 wonder crystals (gold or credits)
* Tam (goop or gold)
* Intaglio (goop or gold)
* Drums of Kiakoda (cr or goop)
* Wand of Illusion (cr)
* Cloak of Thorns (cr)
* Classflex cord (goop or gold)
* Homestead without org restriction
* Trip of your choice! (Pick a place to go, you will be divinely ported there to... whatever you wanted to do. Bring a date! Take your friends! Date your friends!) (goop, gold, cr)
* Custom emote. 
* Zombie skin (cr or gold)
* Fink arty (gold or goop)
* Gnome arty (gold or goop)
* Package of coins (gold, goop, or credits)
* Borrow Estarra's heels for a day (Whatever Estarra wants)
* Chaos Hamster Plushie (credits or goop)
* Village influence rune (credits)
* Amnesty influence rune (credits)
* Custom Stole (goop or credits, maybe also a gold one)
* Custom Tongue Stud (any)
* Custom attack line (if possible) (any)
* Custom Enter (any)
* Custom Exit (any)
* Custom teleport message (any)
* Arty to change zap damage type (Credits)   [I like this because it is flarey too. Should probably allow a zap message customization, so you can match zap to type]

Smaller items to get everyone in! Could be purely buyable, maybe not require auctions, totally optional!
* Sets of some curios. (any)
* Packs of 100 ikons (any)
* New Brooches (any)
* Mantles  (any)

Gimme items, I will add them to the list. If there is concerns on things, maybe we can take some away too!

For smaller items, maybe just offer some for sale, not even auction? But auctions can help establish new prices... specially for things like ikons (which offer no guarantees of rarities). 

Could maybe list some each week if we want to avoid stretching everyone thinner on each set of artys.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    I want one of those arti-cart Hyperpyramids!

Also the Wand of Illusions, Cloak of Thorns are good options.

It's been ages since the infinite health/mana/bromides potions were out; could actually probably get a decent credit dump out of those by doing one more release of the things (pretty sure these are on the "never again" list, but... if just one person gets one of each, given that a lot of the old ones have already phased out of the system except my health vial, it seems safe enough).

You can also auction off another homestead (I know some people have asked about getting one that's not bound to an organization), or more custom emotes / ikons.

Annnnd... auction off one of each brooch!  Possibly some of the better mantles, too.  People can bid on the one(s) they like the appearance of!  Or if the prices on others are low enough, people might place a bid to get a shot at an exchange on the Wheel...

• Zombie skin, gnome and fink races, a pack of coins or fortune cookies, pack of presents, pack of crystals, a bundle of manse rooms (I know of some people who are trying to upgrade theirs), lumberjack rune,  rune of the magi, hyperpyramid all seem like they could be popular. I feel like the crit rune wouldn't be worth as much now...
    Yeah, I certainly won't bid high on a crit rune, but there are plenty of other interesting things.
  • I would 100% bid for fink or gnome :P
  • I think there should be an auction to be Xenthos For A Day
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    How about some RP-themed auctions to add a little flavour, as well, rather than the same artifacts that come up every auction?

Examples:
    -Guided tour of the Divine Havens
    -Borrow Estarra's heels for a day
    -Ability to book the quiz chamber once for your city/commune to host a quiz event
    -Ability to book the Vesteran World Stage for an event/play/whatever.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    How about some RP-themed auctions to add a little flavour, as well, rather than the same artifacts that come up every auction?

Examples:
    -Ability to book the quiz chamber once for your city/commune to host a quiz event
    You can just -do- those last to by asking a god.
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Moi said:
    Kagato said:

Examples:
    You can just -do- those last to by asking a god.
    I know, I've done quizzes before.  They were just a few examples of possibilities to get things rolling.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Yendor said:
    ... I feel like the crit rune wouldn't be worth as much now...
    If you count every item which now does crits as a nerf, plus the overall really hard nerf to magnatude, then it really isn't worth much.
  • I'd like to see:
    Amulet of resurrection,
    Hyperpyramid,
    Torus,
    Pentagon puzzle,
    Drums of Kiakoda,
    Non-org homestead (especially if it is on its own aetherbubble),
    gnewpie doll packs,
    Packs of Manse Rooms,
    Wonderblanket (three months before released generally -- wouldn't even need to function fully).

Things I probably wouldn't bid on, but I think people would like:

Packs of upgrade tokens.

• Packs of Curio of Curios.
  • Amnesy Influence Rune,
    Village Influence Rune.
  • Village influence rune <3

Genie pieces/poteens/treasure maps

I would take a shot at gnewpie dolls because I wasn't around when they were a thing

A chaos hamster

Curio of curios is a cool idea
  • LuceLuce Fox Populi
    Come to that, ANY of the time-limited artifacts. The OG stockings come to mind, or any of the nature seal reward items (though I'd like to see these be able to be completed again as an event). I'm all for exclusive items for people who were there at the time, but I'm much more fond of those being exclusive for a time, and then gaining general availability later on for a price (FFXIV does this really well. Seasonal rewards become purchasable the next year for extortionist rates, then the price usually drops the year after.) but if auctions are the only way to do that here, then auctions it is.
  • I'd love some customizations auctioned off for things that aren't typically customized (and would need to go through special channels instead of the customization system). Obviously these would be up for serious review and scrutiny by the admin. A couple that come to mind: custom stole, custom tongue stud, custom attack line, custom look / enter / exit / teleport messages (from demi powers), etc. I'm sure there are others.
  • Would bid out the ass for a non-electricity-themed zap (not that I want to start that debate again, but I would bid for it).
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    I'd personally love to see some lotteries. We haven't had any in six years.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.

• Can O'worms: Grants one Fictitious Honors backed with a false memory implanting all of creation including gods. 

• Would also bid for an item that unlocks the RNG table on a wonderitem's name, allowing you to freely select the name you want (of course, you'd need to have the requisite number of gems for the small/large/epic whatever). You could put up one macdaddy version that lets you do it (on a IG yearly cooldown?) and/or several single-use ones?
  • omniscience

• SPY SUMMON

ORDER SPY MOVE <direction>

ORDER SPY SAY <direction>

ORDER SPY EMOTE <direction>

ORDER SPY LOOK [object] [ON <person>]

ORDER SPY CLIMB [trees|up|down]

ORDER SPY SCALE [rooftops|up|down]

ORDER SPY RETURN

ORDER SPY FOLLOW <person>

ORDER SPY SEEK <person>

ORDER SPY EXITS

ORDER SPY GET (object)

ORDER SPY GIVE [number] <item> TO <person>

ORDER SPY DROP [number] <item>

• Is that like a fake ribbachi?
    Looks like a buffed marionette curio to me.
  • One other thing that I would seriously bid on is an item that you can attach to an astral node and it will explode if somebody drains it past motes, one-shotting the linker.
  • Updated for a bunch of these. 

I didn't add it... but I kind of like Versa's exploding node item. Reveal who is draining nodes, bwahahaha.

I don't know what an upgrade token is, so didn't add it. Thought it might be a joke.

I'd love to have an area WITH quest and mobs, even if it went for an insane price.
  • Even if Versa's idea doesn't kill 'em, hit 'em with a stink bomb or something. Just mark them, so everybody knows...
    *****************************[ Current Auctions ]******************************
    Id   Status    Max / Min      Title                             Winner     Days
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1    OPEN   ---/       5      Crit Rune level 4                 ---         248
    2    OPEN   ---/       5      Boots of Shanth                   ---         248
    3    OPEN   ---/       5      Cement Socks                      ---         248
    4    OPEN   ---/       5      Wand of Fire                      ---         248
    5    OPEN   ---/       5      Wand of Ice                       ---         248
    6    OPEN   ---/       5      Wand of Air                       ---         248
    7    OPEN   ---/       5      Wand of Illusions                 ---         248
    8    OPEN   ---/       5      Ring of Vampirism                 ---         248
    9    OPEN   ---/       5      Great Rune of the Magi            ---         248
    10   OPEN   ---/       5      Amulet of Resurrection            ---         248
    11   OPEN   ---/       5      Puzzle Hyperpyramid               ---         248
    12   OPEN   ---/       5      Transplanar Torus                 ---         248
    13   OPEN   ---/       5      Drums of Kiakoda                  ---         248
    14   OPEN   ---/       5      Cloak of Thorns                   ---         248
    15   OPEN   ---/       5      Pentagon Puzzle                   ---         248
    16   OPEN   ---/       5      Zombie skin                       ---         248
    17   OPEN   ---/       5      Gnome Race Mushroom               ---         248
    18   OPEN   ---/       5      Fink Race Mushroom                ---         248
    19   OPEN   ---/       5      Chaos Hamster Plushie             ---         248
    20   OPEN   ---/       5      Ring of Rubeus                    ---         248
    21   OPEN   ---/       5      Curio of Curios                   ---         248
    22   OPEN   ---/       5      Custom Doll                       ---         248
    23   OPEN   ---/    5500      Orgless Homestead                 ---         248
    24   OPEN   ---/       5      Custom Emote                      ---         248
    25   OPEN   ---/       5      Custom Stole                      ---         248
    *******************************************************************************

Some nice things here!

Everything before before #16 is for credits, everything 16+ is for gold instead.

• edited October 2018
    Anyone know if the wampire ring will stack with crowform?

Adding a thought to prevent double posting:

I wonder if the auctions would be better if each character were restricted to participating in X different lots?
    Versalean said:
    Anyone know if the wampire ring will stack with crowform?

Adding a thought to prevent double posting:

I wonder if the auctions would be better if each character were restricted to participating in X different lots?
    If VampireRingCost > 2500, then end.

(Yes, I would imagine it stacks but it is not worth 2500 credits... it specifically says "small" and only fires on kill, not every hit)