Linorii questline feedback

I know you haven't asked for feedback, but I feel like I need to. Sorry in advance.

RP-wise, I'm loving the story behind it and I'm really interested to see where it ends up. For my personal RP, it fits nicely as Bair is an avid stargazer and hates the floaters with a passion as they block his sky. The rather violent and unexpected recent twist is a nice shakeup.

Mechanically, however, it feels like the rewards have gotten lamer and lamer. I'm not saying that to be mean, that's just my observation. This most recent one will give us pieces of a thing, not even an actual thing. Yes, if you get lucky/trade/buy/real-money-buy, then you can have a pretty nice item. But there's a good chance you'll walk away with effectively nothing. Didn't we start out with a gem for a reward? And now, for the people that have stuck with it, we're getting a chance for a nice reward? That's pretty rough.

Again, just my opinion. Flame on.

Comments

• Sorry! I think the value is actual similar to a gem eve if it's not a whole thing... I have a feeling people who are collecting will be interested in pieces of those who aren't.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    The pieces have (so far) been trading at 5cr.  I do expect them to drop by the end of the promo; I guesstimated 2cr and bought/sold a bunch at that rate before prices soared.

So basically looking at somewhere between a 10 to 25 credit value.  It is not terrible, but not quite as good as a gem.  That said, the gem was an amazingly nice monthly quest reward, far above "average" value for these things.  Getting a coin or a 5 pack or something small like that has been the case more often than not.
  • @Estarra

First I want to thank you for this month's promo being 16 days. I had actually been meaning to ask it be dropped to something like 17 days. On paper it seems like 21 days should be a snap, but between what two of these starting a couple days late, two-week vacations, and the occasional forgetting to even do it sometimes it has been stressful to finish.

I think @Xenthos is correct here. Usually, there's a bit of a bump at the beginning of a promo where there's a premium on items which tends to trail off towards the end of the month. If he's not correct about the valuation, it would be only if it is believed the items are a one time offering, in which case they may have a bit higher than normal valuation.

That said, since this is an anniversary item it would be nice if players got something useful at the end. Perhaps, consider instead a single random baton? Or failing that, some sort of commemorative item? 

@Bairloch, worse case you can sell the bits. Or if you're patient you can hold onto them and maybe trade to finish a baton. 
  • Yeah, there is no universe in which five pieces equals a wondergem. Yet Xempai correctly states that the wondergem reward was lulwut good, so shouldn't be considered as the new black (this is why we can't have nice things, folks). 10 curio pieces for "just" 16 days buy-in is a very nice compromise indeed.
  • 10 curio pieces is definitely a good reward.
  • Thank you for listening and being so generous, Estarra.
  • Wow, such a wholesome thread!
  • Ixion said:
    Wow, such a wholesome thread!
    Hey you! Turn off your frikken scroll so we can see the new Honor!!!!

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim: