Trees get embarrassed, too.

KioKio
edited April 2013 in Event Scrolls
Kio's been struggling with his new wyrdenwood self.  He wandered upon a couple people chatting at the Master Ravenwood, and the following ensued:

Before the Master Ravenwood Tree.
Brennan Stormcrow paces here, his cadaverous body twitching with sudden jerks. The Master Ravenwood 
Tree towers over everything here, pulsing with an immeasurable yet dark power. There are 16 dark 
nighthags here. Casting darkness all around, a shadow totem thrusts up from the ground, chilling the 
air. There are 4 black direwolves here. There are 5 illithoid scourges here. A crudely crafted 
shrine of harsh black crystal stands here, thrumming powerfully. A mature hemlock tree stands 
proudly here. An animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a wasp around its skull. An 
animated skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a beetle around its skull. An animated 
skeleton stands here with a ghostly outline of a spider around its skull. An animated skeleton 
stands here with a ghostly outline of a bat around its skull. In the shape of an open palm, a 
metallic sigil lies here. Sparkly spores float aimlessly through the atmosphere. A glittering black 
rose pushes up from the ground here. A black woolly rhino with a curved horn and two sets of dark, 
feathered wings dominates the area, surrounded by a deathly black aura. A squonk squats here in a 
pool of its own tears, bawling insensibly. Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion is 
here. She wields an iron nekai in her right hand. Penumbra Akuno Nightshade, Servant of Wisdom is 
here, shrouded. He wields an athame dagger in his left hand. Her fan held so as to cover her mouth, 
a bright-eyed, blushing young maiden is here. Kalia is here, pondering thoughtfully. She wields a 
mystic cudgel in her left hand.
You see a single exit leading north.

You have emoted: Kio's great form gently shifts as his branches rustle against each other. The smell 
of decay permeates the air as a soft moan escapes his trunk.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to Thul, "Yea, Patience."

"Tsk, tsk," Lyora says to Thul as she waggles a finger at him.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Nihta, "Aye, she just wants to make her aethership huge."

Thul d'Illici says, "Seriously, we go to Maeve now, it'll be all, "You're an enemy of my me!" and 
then she blasts you."

Thul shakes his head.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "What rite?"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Oh."

Thul pats the Fingerblade of dha'Wyrden-cree in a friendly manner.

Akuno coughs softly.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "How does that work?"

Penumbra Akuno Nightshade, Servant of Wisdom says, "Apologies."

Penumbra Akuno Nightshade, Servant of Wisdom says, "A long time."

Thul d'Illici says, "It's... something else."

Lyora suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks her teeth firmly into Thul.

Seer Nihta Nightshade, Handmaiden of Darkness says, "The new moon is when one may complete the rite.
"

Ignoring the teeth stuck in him, Thul d'Illici says, "A solemn and dignified quest."

Nihta suddenly inhales deeply.

Seer Nihta Nightshade, Handmaiden of Darkness says, "We are not Serenwilde."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Yea. I was wondering what the full was for."

Akuno coughs softly.

Thul d'Illici frowns and says, "We needed to talk to Maeve. But... now's a bad time."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "I know I've done the Nai'dorin once. But I bungered the ending."

Penumbra Akuno Nightshade, Servant of Wisdom says to Nihta, "I have been asleep for a very long time.
"

Thul peers about himself unscrupulously.

You have emoted: Kio's roots dig deep into the soil, seeking some hidden nutrient.

Lyora raises her hand in greeting to you and says "Hi!"

With a flourish of his arm, Akuno bows deeply.

Penumbra Akuno Nightshade, Servant of Wisdom creeps away into another part of the forest.

His breath stinking of decay, you say to Lyora, "Hello, there."

Lyora wags her tail happily.

Thul d'Illici looks up at the sky thoughtfully, nods to himself... and then slowly starts edging 
away from Lyora.

Seer Nihta Nightshade, Handmaiden of Darkness says to Lyora, "You got your tail back."

Lyora nods her head emphatically.

Lyora gives an icy stare in Thul's direction before flicking her tongue out, releasing a small 
amount of smoke into his face.

Lyora strikes a pose.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Lyora, "But now you aren't cuddly any more."

Nihta suddenly inhales deeply.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Am too!"

Lyora runs up to Kalia and envelops her in a massive bearhug.

Thul d'Illici says, "She's just burny, now."

Kalia shakes her head.

"Eep!", Kalia screams in fright.

Thul d'Illici says, "...and bitey, but that doesn't change between shapeshifts."

Lyora sucks in a huge lungful of air and blasts her fiery breath at Thul.
Thul screams in agony as the horrific flames wreathe themselves about his body.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Scalely and...ugly."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Only at Thul."

Lyora gives Kalia a horrified gasp.

Lyora flops herself into Thul's arms.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to Thul, "She called me ugly.."

You have emoted: Kio's mouth-hollow opens wide, releasing a pungent fume. A small swarm of wasps 
carries what appears to be a skull into the forest.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Dracnari just look weird."

Thul pets Lyora ingratiatingly.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Giant noses, no ears, huge feet."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to Thul, "I think I need some more cookies.
"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Lyora, "I ban you from cookies."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "Kio! I have a gift for you."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Lyora, "You are grounded."

Thul d'Illici looks skeptical and says, "Yeah, that's gonna work."

Opening her mouth wide, Lyora gapes in wonder.

You have emoted: Kio's great form gently shifts as his branches rustle against each other. The smell 

Seer Nihta Nightshade, Handmaiden of Darkness says to Kalia, "I am not certain that is a wise plan."

Kalia's eyes sparkle with amusement at Nihta.

Putrid breath cascading down his trunk, you say to Lyora, "Oh?"

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion takes a pink ribbon from her pack and ties it 
to one of Kio's branches.

Lyora beams broadly at you.

Kalia snickers softly to herself.
Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "I hope you like it."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "I saved it for you."

You have emoted: Kio's eaves rustle about restlessly.

Eye-hollows glowing a soft amber, you say, "It is... lovely."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "I'm glad you like it."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "I was worried you might not."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "But I wanted to make up for climbing on 
you the other day."

Lyora hugs you compassionately.

You have emoted: Kio's great form shudders as his roots shift about the soil.

Lyora blinks.

A maggot falling from his mouth-hollow, you say to Lyora, "Here."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "You're giving me a maggot?"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai beats her dragonfly wings a few times, before they become too fast to see as 
she flies up towards Kio. Laughing softly, she unties the ribbon, adding an elegent pink rose to the 
branches and quickly reties it.

You have emoted: Kio's mouth-hollow opens wide as a wicked buzzing is heard. A small swarm of 
hornets emerges, carrying the rib of a small animal.

Kalia gives an elegant pink rose to you.

"Oooooooooh!" Lyora says, eyes wide with wonder.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "What's this from?"

Moaning softly, you say to Lyora, "An owl had made me its home." The hornets come to rest, dropping 
the rib gently to the ground. "We have been struggling with it."

Lyora ponders the situation.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "You're giving me something you don't 
want?"

Lyora peers about herself unscrupulously.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "So you're giving me your garbage?"

Lyora slumps down dejectedly.

Thul peers at Lyora unscrupulously.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Lyora, "You didn't want the ribbon so you gave it to him. I don't 
see the difference."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "It's not because I didn't want it!"

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "It's because I thought it would look 
nice on him."

Kalia's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Kalia nods her head emphatically.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Are you saying this rib will look nice 
on me?"

His eye-hollows glow a soft pink, you say to Lyora, "I... We..." His great form shudders as he 
struggles with his words. "The rib is important."

Moaning softly, you say to Lyora, "It protects the heart."

An illithoid scourge blinks and shuffles about impatiently.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Actually..."

Kalia twiddles her thumbs.

Thul d'Illici takes the rib thoughtfully from Lyora, and looks it over. Then, after applying a 
little dollop of honey to it, he sticks it on the back of her scaly head, beaming.

Eye-hollows glowing a soft pink, you say to Lyora, "We treasure such things." Moaning softly, he 
says, "But now it is yours."

Lyora glares angrily at Thul.

Thul beams broadly at Lyora.

Thul d'Illici smiles and says to Lyora, "Head ornament. Pretty now."

Kalia tells you, "The ribs do nothing for the heart. it's your Sternum, your breast plate, that's 
what protects the heart. The ribs only surround the lungs."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "Kalia tells me that ribs only 
protect my lungs."

You tell Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai, "Do not dare tell her that. There is a swarm of hornets that would 
not be pleased."

Comments

• Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "But only my tummy needs 
    protecting! I want a cookie rib for my tummy!"

You have emoted: Kio's eye-hollows slowly fill with a small swarm of hornets.

You have emoted: Kio's great form sways, as if he is struggling to remain vertical.

Thul shuffles his feet uneasily.

You tell Thul d'Illici, "I... We..."

You tell Thul d'Illici, "What..."

You tell Thul d'Illici, "I do not know what to do."

You exhale harshly as you shift, your breath passing over your gnarled lips in a twisted, mournful 
    moan.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "I was really just quietly whispering it to her..."

Thul tells you, "She's silly. Don't take her words to heart so much, Mister Tree."

Lyora grins mischievously at Kalia.

Thul tells you, "Although, I suppose if you're trying to impress her... you could offer to try and 
    find a cookie rib. From somewhere."

Kalia licks Lyora.

Lyora ponders the situation.

Looking slightly worried at the situation, Kalia quickly hides behind you.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion yanks the rib off of her head and wipes the 
    honey onto Thul's fur.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Ick."

You have emoted: Druid Kio Erid'in's eyes glow a deep crimson as a hornet flies towards Kalia. 
    Buzzing wildly, it stings her nose, only to drop to the ground immediately after.

"Eep!", Lyora screams in fright.

Kalia collapses into Lyora's arms and begins to cry.

Thul peers about himself unscrupulously.

"Ummmm," Lyora says uncertainly.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Umm we can cut it off and you can apply 
    some regeneration!"

Kalia breaks down and sobs uncontrollably.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Or."

"Ummmm," Lyora says uncertainly.

Thul d'Illici mumbles, "Wonder .f I can carve ... .his awkwar. ...o a piece of furniture."

Obviously struggling to find his words, you say, "I... I am sorry." His eye-hollows glow a soft pink 
    as he continues, "I... do not control them."

Lyora gives a sketch of Ssaliss to Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "You can look at this sketch of Ssaliss!"

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "And the pain will poof!"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai chews on it.

"Eep!", Lyora screams in fright.

You tell Thul d'Illici, "Oh dear oh dear oh dear. Oh dear. Oh dear oh dear."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Ohh I know what makes me feel better all 
    the time."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Biting Thul."

Lyora suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks her teeth firmly into Thul.

Thul tells you, "It's alright. I'm... wait."

Kalia suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks her teeth firmly into Thul.

Thul d'Illici says, "Ow. No biting."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Thul, "I don't really have much for teeth. So. Yea."

You have emoted: Druid Kio Erid'in sends forth a small bat from his eaves to gently bite Thul on his 
    shoulder.

Thul d'Illici says, "Gyah!"

Lyora gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Kalia gives a sketch of Ssaliss to Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion.

Thul flails about helplessly.

Eye-hollows glowing a soft amber, you say, "It... does help."

Lyora's eyes sparkle with amusement at you.

Irritably, Thul d'Illici says, "I'm going to sit on all of you."

Lyora snickers softly to herself.

Thul peers at you unscrupulously.

Moaning softly, you say to Thul, "You are a blessing to the Wyrd, Tae'dae with the thunderstorm eyes.
    "
    Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to you, "I'm putting termites in your bed..."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "How will you sit on Kio?"

Thul d'Illici says to you, "Even you. Though I'm not sure how that's going to work just yet."

• Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to Thul, "If you sit on me, I will toast 
    your behind."

His bark opening to reveal a writhing mass of termites, you say to Kalia, "They will have company."

Kalia gives a trillingly melodic laugh.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to you, "I bet you wouldn't like it if Lyora toasted you..."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai sings, "Buuuurn baby burn!"

You have emoted: Druid Kio Erid'in's roots gently shift as one delicately sweeps the feet out from 
    under Thul. Deftly weaving together in blinding speed, they form a make-shift chair as Thul lands 
    gracefully into their embrace.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai sings, "Buuurn baby burn!"

Obviously amused, you say, "I am growing much better with these roots and branches." His eye-hollows 
    pulse a soft amber. "How lovely."

Lyora gives a horrified gasp.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "Hey!"

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "How come Thul gets to sit on you and I 
    don't!"

Lyora grumbles angrily.

Kalia chirps happily at a plush doll of Crow.
    A plush doll of Crow cries out sharply, the raucous caw still ringing long after it has quieted.

A plush doll of Crow belches abruptly, looking unfazed as a faint stink fills the air.

Kalia laughs melodically at a plush doll of Crow.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Mmm smells good."

His putrid breath cascading down his trunk, you say to Lyora, "Your lungs are fire."

Thul d'Illici falls back into your roots, grumbling slightly, but calming down after a moment.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "Only because Thul won't give me 
    cookies! Isn't that terrible of him?"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai sends a cloud to rain over Thul's head.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to you, "So I have to punish him."

You have emoted: Druid Kio Erid'in's roots gently sway, rocking Thul back and forth.

Lyora hides a grin behind her hand.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says to Thul, "Seems like you are Baby Bear now.
    "

Lyora giggles happily.

Thul d'Illici says, "...okay. Yeah. Think I'm about done here."

Thul d'Illici grunts and rises, pausing to dispel the cloud over his head with an irritable wave.

Thul d'Illici says, "Last call, people. Anyone needing to bite the bear for refreshment, get it in 
    now. Before the icediggers do."

Kalia suddenly lunges forward with a growl and sinks her teeth firmly into Thul.

Lyora frowns at Thul.

Lyora hugs Thul compassionately.

You have emoted: Kio's roots deftly dive back into the ground as if frightened.

Kalia hugs Thul compassionately.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai sits on Thul's head.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai digs her crow talons into his furry head, perching comfortably.

Lyora flaps her arms madly.

His moan stuttering, you say to Thul, "I... we... you... do not be..." His eye-hollows glow a soft 
    pink as he finishes, "offended..."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "What are you doing to my best friend?"

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says to Lyora, "What? Sitting. I think I'll move my nest riiight here."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai picks some bugs out of Thul's head fur and eats them.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "But your nest is on your papa's head."

Lyora grabs protectively at Thul.

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "I need his head."

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai says, "Yep. It'll be on Thul's now."

Thul d'Illici looks to you and his face softens a bit. He shakes his head, partially to ease the 
    wyrdenwood's mood, and partially to try and dislodge Kalia.

Druidess Kalia Ysav'rai just hunkers down a bit.

You have emoted: Kio's eye-hollows pulse a soft pink, as if the great tree is blushing.

Thul d'Illici smiles and says, "It's fine. Just... time to go do some hunting for a bit."

Duchess Lyora Shee-Slaugh, Celebrant of the Scorpion says, "What about my cookies!"

Moaning softly, you say, "We must depart, as well."

• EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Awww, that's the cutest thing I've ever seen happen at the Ravenwood. :)
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Awesome RP, Kio. I'm jealous!
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    @Kio. Be a tree again.
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    Siam said:
    @Kio. Be a tree again.
    Ignore that, you're an awesome EG.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• Morkarion said:

Siam said:

@Kio. Be a tree again.

Ignore that, you're an awesome EG.

Doing my best! I've pretty much fallen in live with it <3
  • SiamSiam Whispered Voice
    What? Kio can be a tree with swords dangling from his branches!
    Viravain, Lady of the Thorns shouts, "And You would seize Me? Fool! I am the Glomdoring! I am the Wyrd, and beneath the cloak of Night, the shadows of the Silent stir!"

#bringShikariback 

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    He's a Cavalier, that wouldn't work.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!