Hello

edited October 2018 in Common Grounds
Hi,
 I wanted to take a few minutes to introduce myself and give you some background on me as well as the immediate goals I have in mind to accomplish.
 I started playing Lusternia about 10 years ago and was primarily involved in combat. The last two years I've been focused behind the scenes mostly on coding (much to some's dismay) and have introduced numerous mechanics and changes throughout that time. To be upfront, some of it has been well received and some not so much.
 I've been reading the recent threads in regards to your concerns and to be perfectly clear, I agree wholeheartedly with them. You as players have been promised numerous overhauls, changes, special reports, etcetera, but little of that has actually been delivered on. Many of these projects have been started and still sit in a half-done state. The #ForeverOverhaul isn't without merit and truthfully some of these things are long overdue.
 My plan moving forward is to focus on one or two tasks at a time and actually knock them out before moving on to the next item. There will be other jobs that will need to be done in the interim (promotions, bugs, etc) and a couple of things that we can do in between but my guiding principle in my personal and professional life has always been 'Underpromise, Overdeliver.' 
I'm hoping you'll be understanding in realizing that while there are a lot of things that can be improved upon (Many of them being mentioned in forums threads. Again, I promise I am paying attention to these.), my sole focus at this point in time is to deal with combat and combat related balance issues.
 I'll be implementing and introducing a new system of reporting that is more inclusive and allows everyone a chance to voice their opinions. Once this system is implemented, I want to pledge that any report accepted will be implemented promptly. I'll write up another post soon giving more details and allowing your input before it goes into action. 
 Secondly, the Hallifax special report is long overdue. I've been working on new skillset ideas for both Aeonics and Harmonics for the past few months (with previous input from both admin and players). As a result I actually have those skillsets almost entirely laid out and only want to add a few finishing touches before I post them up for your input as well.
 I know many of you are anxiously awaiting the Mage rework. That will be first in line after the new reporting system and the Hallifax special report. 
 I'm excited to take on this role. My goal is to introduce fun, engaging gameplay that people enjoy participating in. I want everyone to feel like they have a chance to compete and I realize there's a lot of work to do, but together, we can work through it one step at a time.
Orael

Comments

• Care to share any of your thoughts on critial things like skill synergy across cities, availability of gateways, locks soft and hard, pile on approach to combat, impact of runes, curios, wonderitems and the like? 

Just a few top of mind PvP issues

Thanks
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    What sort of time frame are you setting for yourself in "balancing combat", and when will you know your work is done?

Do you see us getting an anomaly or other admin support to rectify non-combat balance issues? 

What assurances can you make that your prior positions as both a mortal combatant and any divine positions you've held will be put aside in hopes of keeping an impartial eye on the balancing process?

It's been mentioned that a system will be put in place for individual players to put in skill reports. Can you explain this further? Will it also be acceptable to push non-combat reports, like QoL reports?
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Hey, guys, let's not be confrontational with someone who just started.

I can tell you there is almost zero chance of getting a second anomaly for non-combat issues (or any issue actually).
    It's absurd to demand assurances for impartiality. Orael is unbiased and accusations otherwise are spurious.
  • Sorry @Estarra I wasn't trying to be confrontational I was just curious about what his thoughts are on some things. If he's taking over combat these are fairly critical views that will perhaps foreshadow what we can expect without needing details on specific skills or classes.   
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    We occasionally slipped culture-based or other non-combat envoy reports into the old system. Is that still going to be OK?
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Hey, @Orael, I look forward to working with you. Well met.
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Fair enough. I look forward to seeing how this goes for you, and hope I can help in some way.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Thank you @Orael and nice to meet you. We look forward to working with you further.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Awesome feedback @Orael thanks exactly the detail I was looking for :D nothing specific just general thoughts