Artifact Ideas

Comments

• BUMP!
    Looking for possible curio/wonder item powers!
  • We're good on Wonders. Though suppose higher quality buffs from curios like +3 blunt or whatnot (vs the current best of +2 from Ruby Rib) wouldn't be a bad direction to take it.
  • edited September 2018
    A set of cute spider curios. The set power is to make/spin a flying web that acts like antigravity disk(you and your ENTs can all fly somewhere).
    The individual spiders can all do some thing like make an existing poison once an IN-game month.

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Estarra said:
    BUMP!
    I think most of us are good on wonder items and wonder powers in general. I think new curios would be a cool idea. Maybe some racial artifacts that unlock more current history of races and other timelines.
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • I mean... wonderblanket still gets all my love.
  • Estarra said:
    BUMP!
    I already have a terrible time trying to decide what to do with wondergems. Too many options.
    And if you want more curios, can you come up with a better way to display them so that noobs know what we're looking at/working toward? I've got dozens of bits but have no idea what they might possible do someday if I get all of them. I just discovered the summary (thanks @Ianir ) but that still doesn't tell me what all these bits actually do.
    So, instead of wanting more of either of these, I'd prefer to not have any more wonder items and a better curio information system.

• Shango said:
    We're good on Wonders. Though suppose higher quality buffs from curios like +3 blunt or whatnot (vs the current best of +2 from Ruby Rib) wouldn't be a bad direction to take it.
    With wondergems replacing dingalings in the membership package, we can sit here bellyaching about them all we like but there /will/ be more wonderitems.

But you know what, I'm totally with you on the general idea that more powerful or even just more varied curio buffs would be fantastic. There are quite a few on my wishlist that simply don't exist, so +1, bro. +1.
  • Conceded! But you'd have a pimped out wondercorn at the end of month ten, which would speed things up a little. But I do concede the point. Well argued, sir.
  • edited September 2018
    Detachable Pauldrons, or Spaulders or what not;
    When worn they prevent you form being lifted into the air, won't affect Swoop or other instantkills, but will work on Rocs. 
    Basically if a Roc tries to take you to it's nest, it instead takes the Pauldrons which then explode with enough power to kill all the rocs in the nest. You can stack multiple Pauldrons on, with each Roc only taking one. (after exploding they will show up in your inventory after an in-game day).

FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• Clockwork Bookmark (250 credits)

Attuning this bookmark to a dormant skill will make the skill active as soon as your Cord/Tam is ready whether or not you are in the realms.
  • Autodef. 

Applies all possible (or some sub-set thereof; could be programmable?) defenses in one command with a superlong balance/eq cost but only one (customizable?) line, to reduce log-in spam. 
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Coming Soon(tm).

Is anticipated to be part of the defense thing, but I am pretty sure that is on hold while other things have been worked on (it progresses a little bit at a time as people are able to do some).

Most recently, a bunch of def lines got updated.
  • edited October 2018
    Is there an artefact pedestal that stops 5% being skimmed off your figurine's esteem when you put it in your shop?

If not, I'd like one of those. It makes me sad
    Kistan said:
    Is there an artefact pedestal that stops 5% being skimmed off your figurine's esteem when you put it in your shop?

If not, I'd like one of those. It makes me sad
    What if you just swap figurines on the pedestal?  Put your personal figurine on it, then take your shop figurine into your inventory.  Go to the main shoproom, and buy the esteem onto your shop figurine.  Then flip them back.

It is a little convoluted, though, and may be borderline in terms of "intendedness".

Alternatively, just remove the transfer tax, not sure it is all that needed.
  • You lose the esteem in the figurine when you put it on the pedestal. So you would lose it when you put your figurine on the pedestal, then again when you put the shop one back
  • wtf... 100% didn't realise this. It's probably cost me tens of thousands of esteem since I started. wtaf?
  • You don't lose any esteem by putting a figurine on a pedestal. Transferring esteem from figurine to figurine always has a loss tax involved, I think 5% of the amount transferred. To simplify shop sales and have a more accurate way for consumers to know how much esteem they will actually end up with, the pedestal display is 5% less than the amount on the figurine. Removing the figurine from the pedestal at any time will show you the proper amount of esteem it has stored in it.

I could potentially see an artifact rune to remove the 5% loss on sale for a given pedestal in a shop. I wouldn't buy it, but if reasonably priced, someone might.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • Thanks @Stratas !!!

I am happy now
  • RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Maybe an upgrade to the second trade arti to allow yet another trade? >.>
  • I think I've said this before, but I'll add it again: an upgrade to the Boots of the Wanderer that remove the balance cost associated with using mystic paths.
  • IDEA: Given its syntax, can 'camera' please be added as an alias to the wizzer box artefact?
  • edited November 2018
    Versalean said:
    IDEA: Given its syntax, can 'camera' please be added as an alias to the wizzer box artefact?
    I'm pretty sure it is already! At least, I can use CAMERA NEGATIVE <thing>  etc. Misread, also why I should not look at forums when half asleep (again.)
    Alias in this case means what you can target it with.
    The box says: It bears the following aliases: box, wizzer.
    He wants camera added to that because it uses camera syntax to operate.
  • And because it's a camera!

• Foehn said:
    I think I've said this before, but I'll add it again: an upgrade to the Boots of the Wanderer that remove the balance cost associated with using mystic paths.
    Pretty sure I've never use that ability other than to see what it does. Functionally it might as well not exist for me.