Training dummies for testing in the arena

It would be great to have a testing mode in the arena where we could try sequences against a dummy/zombie/hologram/flesh creature that could be afflicted like a player but just stood there and autocured. Maybe with a way to report its stats and affs.

Masochism goes a long way in testing but doesn't cover quite enough and I always feel guilty about boring other players when I'm testing as they have to stand there as I flail to fix my horrible code.

That's probably already really complicated but possible extensions could make the dummy somewhat configurable. Like:
- different health, regen and resists ( two levels - basic and max arti'd demi would be enough)
- dummy tries to web you every balance
- dummy tries to move one room to escape instakills, or tries to flee.
- config dummy's autocured priorities like you can configure your own
- two players Vs one dummy to test coordinating skills.

Comments

• I never mind being your dummy!!
  • I also never mind being your dummy
  • edited October 2018
    You can always borrow Ena. But this would be cool. Especially if we could set the dummy to different classes so we can see what abilities work best *against which defences. 
  • there are training dummies you can buy for an org. However, being mobiles (though stationary) you cannot use a lot of abilities for them.

The code base probably does not easily support what you want. If the admin is looking for a hack, perhaps they could a) create a pc b) create a script to keep that character logged in c) make it autorezz