Glomdoring roleplay

Do we have a place in the forums already to talk OOC about our plots for Glomdoring rp? If not, I'll start!

Shru's Plots
  • strongly dislikes city people and likes to join any plot to mess with city people
  • help convert people to the Divine Order of Nocht or to the worship of Mother Night
  • trying to figure out a way (probably via ritual?) to communicate with the Dark Spirits
  • cooperating with people to make rituals
  • make the Thornwatch guild stronger
  • alchemist by trade, so meet fellow alchemists and craft things for people
  • make friends with fellow Shadowdancers 
  • popularize a cult of Glommies who believe in "totem animals," where members of the cult pick one totem animal or Idol to worship with particular dedication and participate in special rituals for that animal
  • help convert people to become Shadowdancers or Blacktalons

Shru's goals
  • join the Divine Order of Nocht the Silent
  • learn more about Mother Night and the fae
  • learn more about the Dark Spirits (what are those? don't remember those from my rp years ago)
  • get involved in education and be an aide one day
  • rank up in the Thornwatch guild
  • rank up in the commune

About Shru
  • Shadowdancer faeling
  • recently returned to the Dark Forest after a long sleep
  • devotedly worships the Silent Lord and Mother Night
  • doesn't talk much but emotes with gestures and expressions a lot to show what she thinks/feels; believes in the value of discretion
  • obsessed with secrets; loves finding them out and hoarding them
  • obsessed with wasps; her favorite animal, and one which she closely physically resembles
  • likes to make and participate in rituals
  • likes to steal from foes (but not from the weak)

It would also be really cool to have an OOC rp-organizing clan, distinct from the general OOC clan, if there isn't one already. RPWHO can be annoying to use since it has to be toggled on again every login (unless I'm doing it wrong?), and in any case I've noticed lots of people who do incredible rp don't necessarily have it on. 

I've always been all about the rp, and it's a little strange to me that the Lusternia forums don't seem to have a section dedicated to it. People might ask less for divine interaction if there were a few more resources for systematic player-run rp.

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Hi there!  I can help with a bunch of these things, especially related to the Thornwatch and historical lore (such as the Dark Spirits)!  Xenthos is very much into Glomdoring's history and loves to share it with interested people.  Feel free to approach me.

Lots of other people are into this stuff as well, when you see people at the Ravenwood or wandering around the Glomdoring, please don't hesitate to ask something.  :smile:
  • @Shrurizaiid Talk to Kala about Idols!
  • Eliron's always happy to talk about the Ministry of Education or the Thornwatch as well!
    • popularize a cult of Glommies who believe in "totem animals," where members of the cult pick one totem animal or Idol to worship with particular dedication and participate in special rituals for that animal
    Sorry for the thread necro here, but this is exactly what I was hoping for when I attempted to return last year. Are folks actively involved in RP like this, and if so, I can haz some plz? :)
  • Dhoggne said:
    Sorry for the thread necro here, but this is exactly what I was hoping for when I attempted to return last year. Are folks actively involved in RP like this, and if so, I can haz some plz? :)
    I mean yeah? From memory it's part of the concept of the Wodewoses' various tribes >_>
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Correct. Each Wodewose tribe has a totem spirit, and each Wodewose has their own personal totem.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • Dhoggne said:
    It's not quite as clear cut in the Glomdoring. There are the Wyrden Idols (Bat, Beetle, Wasp, etc) which each have a teaching, so an individual could dedicate themselves to one and create rituals for it and such, but none of the guilds overall have a specific focus on just the idols/similar. The closest would be the Auguries, who focus on spirits in general.