Do you look forward to spinning the Wheel?

edited December 2018 in Common Grounds
When you get a czigany coin, do you get the little Squeeeeee! of anticipated awesome as you run towards the Cave of Chaos with a twinkle in your eye?

Comments

• Sadly it just means I have pulled it out of my Wondercorn again!
  • I got a present from my genies yesterday, and I opened it, and it was an Ultimate present containing 45 Czigany coins. And I was so disappointed, not just because we're heading into gnome season and my counter is now reset, but because I would have preferred pretty much -anything- else on the Ultimate list. Because sure enough, my haul was kinda underwhelming and lacked that "holy crap that's awesome!" factor I had been looking forward to from an Ultimate.

So if 45 coins is disappointing to me, then it's hard to muster enthusiasm for the occasional coin from traps or my poteen. I like getting them, sure, but it's hard to be too excited when I know I'm more likely to get a handful of random comms, less gold than I can bash in 5 minutes, so little essence I can't even notice it, or yet another truefavor. 150 goop gets to be a -good- spin.

If I was actually paying for these things, I'd be pretty unhappy, but since they're free to me, I don't mind that they're not crazy awesome.
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
  • I genuinely look forward to getting things from the wheel, though I find that I get better stuff from random coins via traps than I do from free daily spin events

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Given the way many countries are starting to come down on "gacha" style games, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to keep an updated, admin-written table showing your odds when spinning the Wheel with the various ways we can do so (daily free spins, iron coins, regular coins)
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • Arix said:
    I genuinely look forward to getting things from the wheel, though I find that I get better stuff from random coins via traps than I do from free daily spin events

That's because you do!

READNEWS ANNOUNCE 2848: "...note that Czigany coin spins are more likely to land on the more valuable prizes than free spins."