2018 Solstice Artifacts

KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
The solstice artifacts for this year look interesting...

ANNOUNCE NEWS #2878
Date: 12/19/2018 at 5:57
To  : Everyone
Subj: New 2018 Solstice Artifacts!

Hi everyone,

I'm proud to announce our 2018 Solstice Artifacts! I wanted to take a moment and let you know
that we did listen to your concerns about continuing to bring items into the game that become 'must-
haves' and throw off combat balance. I'm really hoping that what we're introducing here is something 
that you'll enjoy and will be nice to have and useful, but nothing game-breaking.

The Peppermint Solstice Artifact for this year is a makeup kit. The makeup kit can be prepared in
advance in anticipation of several afflictions (depending on the level). After activating and 
applying the makeup, when you get afflicted by the prepared affliction, you'll get a 5% boost to a 
vital (that you specify). After so many hits (depending on the the level), you'll get a larger boost 
(20%) and the makeup will crack and peel and fall off and you'll have to prepare it again.

The Coal Solstice Artifact is a disguise kit that functions similarly except that instead of
boosting your vital, it drains your enemies vital (again, of your choosing).

A couple notes:
    This does not prevent the affliction, it only has an effect when you are afflicted with it.
    You cannot use both kits at once.
    You need to prepare the kit in advance with herbs and tints.

Remember, these will start to become available after Dec 25th and Jan 1st for the gold and platinum
stockings that give coal and peppermint.

Hope you enjoy!

Orael
Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?

Comments

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Sound cool. Wonder what they'll look like though >.>
  • edited December 2018
    Ignore. I don't know nothing about nothing.
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Does boosting vital = healing, or does it boost your max (ala normal "vital buffs")?  If the latter, is it just boosted while the aff is present (so you would want to not cure certain affs maybe)?

Not quite sure what is intended here.
  • It's a heal.
  • That's lolz. So you find out what aff your opponent likes to troll with, put on some coal slap, and then let him pwn himself without realising it in the middle of combat spam. These artefacts have the Versalean seal of approval.
    Can you pick timewarp / tempinsanity / burn levels as an aff?
  • No - it's a limited list of afflictions, the herb you use will determine the affliction.

We're still finalizing the list but here are a few examples that may be subject to change.

Calamus - Slickness
    Pennyroyal - Stupidity
    Marjoram - Damagedlimbs
    Faeleaf - Blindness

It's unlikely we'll use every herb at this point.

• Seems ok with just that set of affs. 
    I think I am going to pass on this set of solstice artifacts.  Don't get me wrong, I think the flavour is great and they seem useful, it's just not really appealing to me (which, as I've said before, is fine!  Not everything needs to appeal to me).  It definitely seems unique / different though, so hopefully others are interested in the things. :)

Related question: What exactly does the "increased damage against denizens" of the sooty slippers mean?