Simple questions?

Comments

• Q: Do you have to declare a player to attack their loyals?
  • XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    A: On Prime, yes.
  • Can you attach a great rune of razing to a whip?
    Sylphas said:
    Can you attach a great rune of razing to a whip?
    Sure.  I attached one to my wonderwand.
  • edited November 2018
    If I have an aethersuit gown, and received a second aethersuit type (corset) in a present, if I trade in the gown, will it still keep the extra modules I purchased or will I have to re-purchase those?
    Modules only work on the aethersuit that you buy/attach them on.

• Hello, simple question from a simple casual player.

I am a dracnari with paradigmatics, and I supposedly get a 1/10 bonus to fire and psychic damage. I like hitting mobs with my axe.  
    How do I calculate a 1/10 bonus? Why is it notated that way? I assume I can have up to 10/10 bonus fire damage and that all such notations are like that?

Furthermore, with the new (to me) enhance system for weapons I could convert 33% of my weapon damage to fire. Would this 1/10 racial bonus apply to that? If so, would it be stronger than the flat 7% enhancement?

The speed enhancement seems quite lackluster at .1. Since I bash with an axe, I'm assuming damage is the way to go. Am I missing some super cool weapon enhancement that is a game changer for bashing?

Thank you for your time.
    The bonus only increments damage done by that type.  Your axe, by default, does neither Fire or Psychic so that buff does nothing to you.

The notation indicates that it gives 1 level (a 3% boost), up to a maximum of 10 levels.  If, as a quick example, you have 4 skills that each give a 1/3 fire buff, you only end up at 3 levels (the fourth is blocked because its limit is 3 and you are already there.  Since /10 is the maximum, it means that buff will always give you its effect until you hit the cap.

If you flip 33% of your axe damage to fire damage, then that 33% will get the 3% fire damage buff.  So if you do 1000 damage, the enhancement will set you to 333 fire damage and 667 cutting.  Your buffs will then make it 342 fire damage and 667 cutting.

Enhancements really are pretty lacklustre in general, especially armour ones.  Speed is always an advantage though, even if small, so don't dismiss it out of hand!  But it will depend on what you want to gain out of it, having your weapon bypass some of your target's armour can be a good boost too.
  • HELP BUFFS also goes over what 1/10 is and means.
  • Paradigmatics has an ability called Polarity that lets you swap any two buff damage types. So you could swap your fire and cutting buffs (check with BODYSCAN BUFFS). That would let you use your dracnari fire buff with your axe.
  • Fastest growing library in culture scores is a fickle beast!

Sometime we get it for one month, sometimes two, rarely longer

But it is never usurped by anybody else - it just goes.

Does anyone know the rules around it? It would be nice if it lasted the year.
  • Kistan said:
    Fastest growing library in culture scores is a fickle beast!
    Does anyone know the rules around it? It would be nice if it lasted the year.
    It is just a most published books in the last IG year (2? @Portius could tell you the extra number and any other speical rules to it probably.)
  • PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    Fastest growing library is black magic. My basic advice is to take it as a nice bonus when it shows up, but not to worry about getting it. I do have educated guesses about how it works, but I don't know it and I'm not really confident in my guesses.
    Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.
  • Are we able to customise wig curios?
    The cool night-time breeze shivers in the arid caress of the streets of the capital city, brushing the earthen taste of dust across your lips.
    A blessed silence falls upon the city for the moment, most activity confined to the towers and the
    theatre due to the snowy weather.
    Pinprick points of light twinkle in the deep black overhead, their brightness full of a cold,
    hungering malice.
  • Is there any particular bonus or benefit that comes along with a manse stable, as opposed to just using an org stable?
    The purpose of writing is to inflate weak ideas, obscure pure reasoning, and inhibit clarity. With a little practice, writing can be an intimidating and impenetrable fog!
    I thought it lowered feeding costs, but I don't see that in the ashop listing.  Hmm.
  • Stratas said:
    Is there any particular bonus or benefit that comes along with a manse stable, as opposed to just using an org stable?
    You shouldn't have to pay rent for your own stable to how your own beasts?
    Or is that not true?
    Seems stupid if you have to pay your own stable.....
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    The cost from a manse stable is half of that of an org stable. That's it.
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • I'm also led to believe that if somebody else uses your stable you get a cut of the gold. Have not tested this, though.
  • edited December 2018
    Manse stable is 75 gold per month for the owner, 100 gold a month for anyone who has permissions to use the stable. Commune/city stables are 150 gold a month, whereas the one on Avechna's Peak is like 200 or 250 a month. (Lusternia month that is).

Also yes, if someone uses your stable in a manse, then you get some of the gold. 36 months = 3600, you get 1800 gold into your bank account (so half).
  • I may have missed this, sorry if it's already been answered; are new solstice artifacts going to be released this promotion? Or is it just so we can build past year items?
    Foehn said:
    I may have missed this, sorry if it's already been answered; are new solstice artifacts going to be released this promotion? Or is it just so we can build past year items?
    I have asked the same question!  The answer I got was: Yes, there will be new solstice artifacts.
  • Foehn said:
    I may have missed this, sorry if it's already been answered; are new solstice artifacts going to be released this promotion? Or is it just so we can build past year items?
    Traditionally they're added later in the month...aka no peaking into the presents.

• RiviusRivius Your resident wolf puppy
    Is there a way to tell if you already used your inkwell collection on a tome/scroll? How long does the benefit last, and does it persist through logout?
    When I asked I was told that the benefit lasted one RL day, which is how long the curios take to reset... so if you can use them again, it probably wore off.  As such you cannot really sell the effects and they are pretty minor anyways.
    Ah, okay, that's good to know. Hrm, it would be nice if something showed up on probe to give us an indication of if it's active, since people like me with poopy connections d/c all the time.

Also, do we know how much extra healing the redink collection gives?
  • Rivius said:
    Ah, okay, that's good to know. Hrm, it would be nice if something showed up on probe to give us an indication of if it's active, since people like me with poopy connections d/c all the time.

Also, do we know how much extra healing the redink collection gives?
    The original newpost (from 2017):

Red Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a healing
    scroll or magictome to gain a (1%) bonus to healing from the effect.

Yellow Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a
    protection scroll or magictome to reduce the activation time (by 1
    second).

Green Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a scroll
    or magictome to have a (50%) chance of not using a charge.

Blue Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a scroll or
    magictome to have a (50%) chance of fully recharging the item for free.

Purple Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a curses
    scroll or magictome to have a (50%) chance of applying a second curse
    for free.

Gold Inkwell Collection - You can activate the collection on a
    disruption scroll or magictome to gain a (50%) chance to disrupt a
    second channel for free

• without the yellowink keeping up protection in a fight usually isn't worth it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• is there a way to build a wonderitem out of grimies instead of gleamies? how do you specify which type of gem you want to add?
    It will use the grimies first now.
    What's up with Sako? I know he was sick for a time, and Maendwen makes it seem like he's barely alive. However hesh standing fully upright now...just completely unresponsive...