General Dissatisfaction

Comments

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    Replace the battery..?
  • It won't solve the problem; the keyboard is permanently warped (to the point where I cannot type on it without slamming the keys repeatedly) due to the distention. I can take the battery out and have it hooked up to a keyboard and mouse, and wind up with a very dainty desktop... which does me very little good on an airplane. 
  • EveriineEveriine Wise Old Swordsbird / Brontaur Indianapolis, IN, USA
    Aypatea said:
    I am about to go to on a 3-week vacation with multiple one-way flights. The $1400 laptop I bought less than two years ago has a lithium battery that has expanded to the point where I functionally cannot use the keyboard, which I'm told is ... dangerous. Definitely going to leak battery acid, might explode kind of dangerous. So I'm going to go buy a chromebook and I guess use nexus until I figure out how to get linux on it? UGHHHH. 
    Depending on the distro, installing GNU/Linux on a machine can be a snap. Most of the time you just burn the ISO to a usb flash drive, boot from it, and following the handy installer. Unless you're doing something like Arch, which is intentionally all hands on and manual.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

Daraius said: You gotta risk it for the biscuit.

Pony power all the way, yo. The more Brontaurs the better.
  • After talking with a couple of people, I'm hoping to get linux and mudlet installed on the new chromebook sometime this week. Thanks!! 
  • If you're alive, and you intend to go on breathing -- using up perfectly good oxygen, taking up space -- why wouldn't you at least try to be the best version of you you can be?

Why, if you're going to be here instead of the thousands or millions of people who could've been born in your place, wouldn't you do the best you can? Brighten the world, instead of darkening it? Spread joy for others, instead of taking everything you want for yourself, and leaving everyone else to pay the price?

Why wouldn't you do your best, instead of your worst?

Why do you deserve to breath air, otherwise? 

I don't speak of ordinary human screw-ups. A perfect record of good is not achievable; but a near-perfect record of selfish, destructive crap somehow is. 

Why. 
  • I'm sure having 4 children is expensive. No doubt. But more than a little irritated with a reply of "I spent X amount for one take-out meal, kids are sooo expensive" ...when I can't afford take-out food, period, and am trying to figure out how to live on that same amount in an entire week. 

Gosh, it's almost like you have a decent job and didn't just take out a loan to go to grad school. Thanks for the "sympathy", I guess.
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    RIP Aretha Franklin T_T

You will be missed.
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Kagato said:
    RIP Aretha Franklin T_T

You will be missed.
    That's so sad. :(

What's the vibe like over there in the US from the fallout?

• FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• KagatoKagato Auckland, New Zealand
    Never put passion before principle.  Even if you win, you lose.

If olive oil comes from olives, where does baby oil come from?

If vegetarians eat vegetables, what do humanitarians eat?
  • Betty White and Keith Richards got another one

• Having a hard time saying no to people even if its better for my health.
  • Esoneyuna said:
    Having a hard time saying no to people even if its better for my health.
    Pretend you are me and try F*c! off instead. <3
  • Everiine said:
    Ugh, when depression continues to make it difficult to play a character you've invested so much time and energy in over the years in any meaningful way.
    Depression is a vile beast. Please take care of yourself! You are appreciated.
  • Everiine said:
    Ugh, when depression continues to make it difficult to play a character you've invested so much time and energy in over the years in any meaningful way.
    Hope you're ok :(
    "Chairwoman," Princess Setisoki states, holding up a hand in a gesture for her to stop and returning the cup. "That would be quite inappropriate. One of the males will serve me."
  • Few things more frustrating than seeing a friend attacked and not able to help. I want talk about it, but I don't know with who or what I'd say or how it would help. Just... angry and sad and feeling betrayed. 
    Kethaera said:
    Hope you're ok :(
    I'm still here. I'm actually trying to play Ev more, except my absolutely adorable 15-month old only gives me limited time to devote to logging in during the day. Sometimes I get lucky and get a couple hours in a block. Depression is still a kicker though. Probably need different meds.
    Everiine is a man, and is very manly. This MAN before you is so manly you might as well just gender bend right now, cause he's the manliest man that you ever did see. His manly shape has spurned many women and girlyer men to boughs of fainting. He stands before you in a manly manerific typical man-like outfit which is covered in his manly motto: "I am a man!"

• on day 3 of my new ones, so I feel you there.
    I feel like the ones I'm on now have raised my emotional floor so I don't suffer as much from the crushing days. But there's still room for improvement.

• KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    How the hell can someone still not have seen Gladiator after all these years..

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

• edited October 2018
    As a counterpoint I'm a huge nerd into D&D and comics big time and I have NEVER scene even an episode of GoT or read any part of the books. And I get annoyed when people try to reference it.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

• XenthosXenthos Shadow Lord
    What does Gladiator have to do with Game of Thrones?
  • KarlachKarlach God of Kittens.
    No idea. I just learned that there are some people here, who will remain nameless (but bear their shame regardless) that have never seen it.

The divine voice of Avechna, the Avenger reverberates powerfully, "Congratulations, Morkarion, you are the Bringer of Death indeed."

You see Estarra the Eternal shout, "Morkarion is no more! Mourn the mortal! But welcome True Ascendant Karlach, of the Realm of Death!

*raises hand*

• I'm going to recommend that no one slip or fall down stairs. Any number of stairs. From top or the last three steps (which is what I did) because oh holy hell it hurts.
  • Xenthos said:
    What does Gladiator have to do with Game of Thrones?
    They are both things people can be reasonably be expected have scene/read.
    FOR pposters who aren't steingrim:

Well, what I'd hoped was going to be great news turned out to be terrible news. Back to square one.