Snuggletastic Animal Mafia

PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
Welcome to the Snuggletastic Animal Mafia Game!

Here are your rules, stolen with slight alterations from Silvanus who stole them from Sylandra who may or may not have stolen them from someone else.

The Rules:

1. Votes MUST be in bold to count, and they're only valid if you call them makeovers. (ex. Makeover Portius)

2. Once a majority has been reached, the day ends. Anything that happens after a final vote will not happen, including unvotes to bring the target below the minimum threshold, unless a power explicitly allows this.

3. You are not allowed to post in the thread during the night phases.

4. You are not allowed to communicate with each other outside the thread unless your role specifically allows you to do this.

5. Once you are eliminated, you are not allowed to post in the thread during the day phase unless your role explicitly allows this.

6. You are not allowed to quote your role PM. 

7. Do not discuss game details outside of the game.

8. If you go inactive, please let me know so I can find a replacement player. (Those interested in being a replacement player, please message me for a waitlist!)

9. You're not allowed to edit your posts. Doublepost instead if you want to clarify something.

10. You must be sportsmanlike. If you are rude or inflammatory to the point that the game ceases to be enjoyable for the rest of the players, I reserve the right to modvig you out of the game. Mafia may be a game about emotional manipulation and deceit, but it's still a game! Have fun with it. But most importantly, be respectful.

11. The game will end when either the town or the mafia have reached their victory condition.
12. Dayphases will last no longer than 72 hours. If three days go by without a lynch, the Nightphase will immediately begin.
13. Nightphases will last no longer than 24 hours. If night actions are not delivered at the end of the night phase, it will be read as no action.

The Strong suggestions:

1. Embrace the spirit of cute! Share cute images! Say cute things to each other! Use the most passive aggressive affirmations you can imagine to accuse each other!
2. Praise my wife for coming up with this game.
-------------------

The Portly Parrot has an important announcement to make!

"Hello to all of my snuggletastic friends! I'm glad you could come!

Here's the deal. We cute animals are the best hope for raising conservation money. People just love our widdle faces! And we all know that we're all cute in our own special ways. But that isn't going to cut it! We need to be cuter!

We're going to pick people to head off to the grooming parlor and kick their cuteness up a notch! And we're voting on it, because reality shows also bring in that sweet, sweet conservation money. Let's have at it, and remember to have fun!"
Any sufficiently advanced pun is indistinguishable from comedy.

Comments

• PortiusPortius Likes big books, cannot lie
    edited January 2019
    List of Snuggletastic Cuties:

1. Sylandra
    2. Arix
    3. Aruin
    4. Zitto Scum, Eliminated on D2
    5. Shaddus Town, Eliminated on N1
    6. Kistan Town, Eliminated on N3
    7. Dys Town, Eliminated on N2
    8. Lehki Town, eliminated on D3

"It is DAY ONE. The day ends at 10 PM Eastern time on Thursday, January 10th!"

YOU MAY NOW BEGIN!

• hello, checking in. Anyone else awake?
  • SylandraSylandra Join Queue for Mafia Games The Last Mafia Game
    Hi friends, I'm ready for cuteness and chaos.

Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • Portius said:
    1. Embrace the spirit of cute! Share cute images!
    Friends, I have trained for this day.

• Hello, yes. I heard there was cake?
  • I'm alive and cute.
  • Morning!

Image result for cute kittens

Lunchtime check in! That’s everyone but @Shaddus accounted for, yeah? And then we decide before Thursday if a day one lynch is worth it or not worth it in a seven person game.

Personally, I was burned pretty bad the last time I pushed for a day 1 lynch in a small game, so I’m on the fence here.

Pros: I think a lynch gives us information and would likely expose at least one mafia member on a vote train. Also in a smaller game the odds of offing a mafia day 1 are significantly higher.

Cons: In a game this small, however, a mislynch could also fast forward us to MyLo or LyLo sooner depending on the setup. The odds of mislynch still remain higher than the odds of a successful mafia lynch, given that day 1 lynches are essentially random.

Alternatively, a no lynch is basically a “wait and see” instead of a proactive method of getting information. It doesn’t give anyone any context as to how they go about their night actions, making night 1 more of a crapshoot.

Am I missing anything here? Thoughts?
    Daraius said:
    "Oh yeah, you're a naughty mayor, aren't you? Misfile that Form MA631-D. Comptroller Shevat's got a nice gemstone disc for you, but yer gonna have to beg for it."
  • ShaddusShaddus , the Leper Messiah Outside your window.
    Sorry, checking in!
    Everiine said: The reason population is low isn't because there are too many orgs. It's because so many facets of the game are outright broken and protected by those who benefit from it being that way. An overabundance of gimmicks (including game-breaking ones), artifacts that destroy any concept of balance, blatant pay-to-win features, and an obsession with convenience that makes few things actually worthwhile all contribute to the game's sad decline.
  • @sylandra I don't know why you want to lynch people, that is distinctly not cute. I think you need like, a spa day to rejuvenate. MAKEOVER: SYLANDRA
  • I think there'll be two animals that aren't quite as adorable as the rest of us, who we could help with a makeover!

If we pick the right one we'll be 4-1 tomorrow. If wrong we could be 3-2. If we don't do a makeover we could be 4-2.

Whilst I love a good makeover, without information we probably have a 2 in 3 chance of getting it wrong.

Votes

Sylandra-1 (Arix)

• Luckily everything else is so quiet i could find this!

I hate the day 1 lynch or no lynch decision

Image result for cute pony

Arix said:
    @sylandra I don't know why you want to lynch people, that is distinctly not cute. I think you need like, a spa day to rejuvenate. MAKEOVER: SYLANDRA

This may actually be the best mafia game flavor of all time.

Daraius said:
  • Sylandra said:
    Lunchtime check in! That’s everyone but @Shaddus accounted for, yeah? And then we decide before Thursday if a day one lynch is worth it or not worth it in a seven person game.

Am I missing anything here? Thoughts?
    There are eight players and we have not heard from @Lehki
    I for one demand prompt delivery of adorable animal pictures from our silent player.

As for the first, I don't think we should necessarily commit firmly to a makeover or no makeover at the moment. The discussion is more valuable than the result, and we only have the discussion if makeovers are least on the table.
    Oh, whoops. Thanks for the correction!
    Daraius said:

• Yes checking in here.

For a smaller game like this I'm wary of doing the day one lynchmakeover. If the teams are at 6-2, mistake today could put us on MyLo tomorrow.
  • 7 or 8... they're basically the same. Isn't numerical illiteracy just so charming?

It's probably still 2 under-attractive animals, I'd say. With maybe an extra oddball.
    So it sounds like the consensus is MAKEOVER NO ONE.
    Daraius said:
  • I'm not feeling anyone who needs a bit of glitter in their slime.

MAKEOVER NO ONE

Votes

Sylandra-1 (Arix)
    Nobody-2 (Sylandra, Dys)

5 Votes are required for a makeover!

• Yeah MAKEOVER NO ONE.

We'll start beautifying animals tomorrow.
  • it's how many votes needed?
  • Herd mentality! MAKEOVER NO ONE

free images farm barn animal cute agriculture pork fauna
  • Arix said:
    it's how many votes needed?
    Five is a majority, so one more no one vote ends the day.
  • fine, but I'm keeping an eye on Lynchy over there
    MAKEOVER NOBODY
  • MAKEOVER NOBODY